Running Your Own Server

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Running Your Own Server

Post by Topham » #167211

Alright, I've searched all over this godforsaken forum board and I can't really find a perfect fit for this topic, so this was the best place I could think of. If this should go somewhere else or nowhere at all ever then let me know.

I've gone through the standard steps of setting up my own singleplayer server - set up git, fork over the latest version, open the dme and compile, dream daemon, meme it up. Everything seems to be working perfectly except for a few things. The first problem that I'm gonna list is my biggest concern, and the others are kind of less priority questions.
  1. Atmos seems like it's working properly but when the round starts, everywhere is a vacuum. Everywhere. The compositions of the environments are all correct - like the whole 80% N2 20% O2 thing and what not - but analyzers show 0 kpa absolutely everywhere. The poor automatons I populate the place with die much faster than I want them to because vacuum, and it makes playing around with stuff a pain in the ass. I can use internals and open air canisters though, all that seems to work properly.
  2. What variable, if any, do you gotta change to give people sanik speed? :clean:
  3. For team antags, when you try to spawn them mid-round it refuses because of the lack of actual players. Is there a way around this so I can spawn catatonic new cops?
If this isn't broad enough to have its own thread, then I can turn it into a "Running Your Own Server" general and copypaste my personal questions into a reply.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Running Your Own Server

Post by oranges » #167214

509 or 510 byond server?

Our 509 support is spotty and we've had reports of atmos issues like this, however, because our servers officially run 510, the 509 server paths are not well tested and if you're running on linux you need to compile your own copy of bygex https://github.com/optimumtact/byond-regex

Also double check you have the absolute latest master code, as we have a number of fixes to the atmos issues that have been merged in the last two/three days.

2) over ride the movement_delay procs for the appropriate mob
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... es.dm#L777

3) You could modify the players required count var for each gamemode type
code/game/gamemodes
Topham

Post by Topham » #167217

oranges wrote:509 or 510 byond server?

Our 509 support is spotty and we've had reports of atmos issues like this, however, because our servers officially run 510, the 509 server paths are not well tested and if you're running on linux you need to compile your own copy of bygex https://github.com/optimumtact/byond-regex

Also double check you have the absolute latest master code, as we have a number of fixes to the atmos issues that have been merged in the last two/three days.
I thought byond 510 wasn't stable, and that we purposefully went back to 509. Should I be updating to that then? And if so, after I update the byond client I should be all set to grab back the master code and get to the memes, right?

And thanks for the other two things, that helps a lot.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #167220

officially it's not stable but afaik both of our servers run it and it seems to get by just fine.

You may want to avoid the absolute latest master as it has a controversial movement change https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/16690
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #167223

510 is "unstable" in the way your mother was unstable last night while I was ramming her from behind.

It's got a few kinks and issues but 99% of the time it works well.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #167225

I still get the atmos issues with 510
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #167227

REPORT THEM ffs
Players can and will create their own fun.
Topham

Post by Topham » #167254

duncathan wrote:REPORT THEM ffs
Well, how do you know something is worth officially reporting? Like on my end, I switched over to 510 and atmos worked just fine, my automatons didn't get eerily silent a minute after spawning.
iamgoofball wrote:510 is "unstable" in the way your mother was unstable last night while I was ramming her from behind.

It's got a few kinks and issues but 99% of the time it works well.
Not a half bad analogy actually. I really don't want to think about my mom having kinks though.
oranges wrote:controversial movement change
Did you mean: jesus christ how horrifying