How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Tesla Engine

Post by Vekter » #64515

Bottom post of the previous page:

Didn't Carn fuck off?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #64537

Yep, the dream is dead
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #64555

Damn it, someone pick this up and run with it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #64588

I have no idea why people keep posting in this thread. There's nothing to pick up. If someone wanted to do this now, they'd have to do it from scratch. Which isn't an impossible feat or anything, but my expectations are severely limited.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #64590

Wait, you mean there's absolutely shit all for backup or old code?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #64624

DemonFiren wrote:Wait, you mean there's absolutely shit all for backup or old code?
it wasn't finished or near finished so it was never commited to the online code repository
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... sla+engine
there wouldn't have been any point
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #136433

carnie » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:47 pm wrote:This should be finished within a week.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136434

Fuck you, Smegmamr, for reminding me of this.

IT HAD ALL OF THE PROMISE

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #136440

Never forget
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #136442

This is really simple to do I think. I'll check it out.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #136448

I mean the lightning portion is already done, considering this was also a side incentive for wizard chain lightning. And we have that now.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #136449

Yup. Hard bit's gonna be the tesla coil code.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #136622

Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #136638

The madman, he actually did it.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #136757

This is gonna be awesome, it's still super-lethal without (hopefully) singlo-style raping the server and lagging to shit
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #136802

I hope it's just an alternative

I don't want singulos replaced, he's too iconic
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #136830

a power source that's incapable of destroying the entire station through sabotage or just sheer incompetence is not worth my time
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #136831

But it is, the tesla core bolts 1 shot people and have a ridiculous range. They just don't do that much area damage.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #137466

Kills people but leaves stations standing
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137468

To be fair, this does sound like the kind of engine NT would use.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #137594

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Kills people but leaves stations standing
DemonFiren wrote:To be fair, this does sound like the kind of engine NT would use.
"Originally developed by NT as an alternative to the deathsquad to forceably 'relieve' a station of its crew in dire situations. NT R&D soon realised the anomaly could be held and its power harnessed."
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #138124

Just make sure engineering has the equipment to set up either engine, and I'm happy.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #138132

Luke Cox wrote:Just make sure engineering has the equipment to set up either engine, and I'm happy.
That's the plan.