What do you think of Spies, and what do you want to see more of in the game?

Forum rules
Anyone with recent playtime on our servers can make a thread to ask all candidates a question.

ONLY CANDIDATES MAY REPLY TO A THREAD [details]
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

What do you think of Spies, and what do you want to see more of in the game?

Post by Higgin » #721482

Or, "what sort of stuff would you like to see develop with the game itself, and how would you direct policy to accommodate it?"

Some events and antagonists prompt us with new challenges to react to at the time - recent examples being the un/rerestriction of changeling, the current live conversation about silicons and Valentine's, and the earlier-term troubles over the progression of progtots and heretics.

Flipping this around from being strictly reactive: what are the sorts of antagonists or gameplay areas you'd like to see more of in your term? What, if anything, would you see yourself doing to promote or protect them if added? What do you think of Spies so far?

(i know code/admin separation are a thing and this might be largely wishcasting, but I can't imagine I'm the only one who's curious)
feedback appreciated here <3
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: What do you think of Spies, and what do you want to see more of in the game?

Post by TheBibleMelts » #721484

love those lil bastards. soft antagonists who aren't round-ending threats in wait are the best for coercing a story and interaction out of the round.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: What do you think of Spies, and what do you want to see more of in the game?

Post by dendydoom » #721500

i was high as shit in some admin channel recently and talked about how much i really like them. i get the impression that they are an antag designed (intentionally or otherwise) around complementing dynamic specifically. they fill what was a very empty niche for smaller antags who cause enough hijinks to create stories that aren't do-or-die station ending scenarios.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #721519

I love the little guys, they fit my exact description of what I love in this game. Spiraling. Some assistant nabbed the CMOs stamp? Now they have a bulldog shotgun! Someone steal a right leg? Whoops now you have to deal with a hypnogrenade army. Awesome antag, awesome concept.
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #721531

I feel like we're going to have a repeat of early heretic talk about how it's impossible to do anything without some tools to begin with. On Terry I imagine this reduces into grabbing a fire axe and just killing your way to objectives in order to get more tools to kill with or die trying. It's also going to be a headache if common, useful objects are among the objectives, for example grabbing insuls from engineering is usually a tiding, stealing, trespassing kind of issue but now it might be antagonistic behaviour and off to the SM crystal you go! Hold on, that's how tiders should be treated so I'm fine with this.

When it comes to antagonist roles and changes in them in general, it would be important to make sure there's always a clear idea of what the intent of a specific antagonist is and what restrictions or rules it has. During the thief era we should've had massive global narrates every 30 seconds reminding people to not kill other people. Need to make sure the idea gets communicated to both players and admins.

And since we're allowed wishes, I'd like something that interacts with other antagonists. Imagine old devil selling powers to more regular solo antagonists. Some sort of information broker who can get people in touch with each other? A malf AI module which is delta but with zero delay?