What's your favorite rule?

Forum rules
Anyone with recent playtime on our servers can make a thread to ask all candidates a question.

ONLY CANDIDATES MAY REPLY TO A THREAD [details]
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

What's your favorite rule?

Post by Sightld2 » #721928

Of the Main set and/or the RP rules. Which rule is the BEST rule? The coolest rule? Maybe make a tierlist of the rules or w/e Idk.

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: What's your favorite rule?

Post by kinnebian » #721931

Rule 1 and 11 of the main rules.
Rule 1 because well.. its rule 1! Its the be all end all, we could just have rule 1 if we REALLY wanted to.
Rule 11 for obvious reasons- Pre Rule 11 it was hard to get anyone I knew into this game because of how rampant casual slurs, racism- shit like that was. Now its an infinitely better place and environment. Looking at old clips and such of TG, its amazing we didnt put it in sooner.
respect (let him do his thing)
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #721938

I'm a Rule 10 fan. I think the game is at its best when everyone takes their Ls with grace.
I'm also a wackjob and enjoy silicon policy, specifically the portion of laws about definitions vs requirements. Antimov'd onehuman is such a classic. Or onehuman with a non-Asimov lawset.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #721939

Rule 0.

Don't enforce the rules so darn hard if enforcing the rules would degrade the spirit and purpose of SS13 as a roleplay sandbox.

Sometimes something was just so SS13 cool you might as well let it slide just this once, as a treat.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #721940

Rule 0 might be my favourite, its a great rule in a game that is so free form and sandboxy and situations can be so complex. You can let something slide if it makes for a good shift, and I like that stuff.
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #721990

Main rules 0, 1 and 10 all have their appeal. You can also express them all just by using ones and zeros.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #722043

the secret one.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #722217

whatever rule i get to use at the time to make the game good, and that's only half a joke.

i don't read the rules and then compare behaviour against it, i see behaviour that makes me go "hmm this made the game bad because they did this" and then i check the rules to see what it says about it so that i can make an informed decision on how appropriate it was.

when the game is going well then the rules shouldn't matter. they only come into play when it isn't going well.

before i was an admin i didn't even know the rules. the first time i sat down to read them was when i got made an admin candidate.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW: