[saegrmir] - Banned for IC in OOC

SpaghettiScience

[saegrmir] - Banned for IC in OOC

Post by SpaghettiScience » #33687

Look, I'm not one to complain when I get banned on something, because usually, I deserve it. But this time I didn't.
I know 60 minutes might seem a petty thing to complain about, but saegrmir had no fucking reason to ban me.
Here's the situation, it's a blob round and I'm playing a geneticist.
I see an alert for unidentified life forms outside the station and I get an idea for a special round, so naturally I want to share it.
Here is a screenshot of what I said and the ban.

I said "here's an IDEA for a round", not "hey this blob round is cool, why don't we add some xenos?"

I'm not asking for my ban to be taken away, I'm just pissed off because I want to play spessmen and this dick is pissing it up.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrmir] - Banned for IC in OOC

Post by Saegrimr » #33689

Really seems like a direct reference to the round when the blob pops in your office practically right in front of you, and suddenly "I got an idea involving blobs!"
It was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, i'll admit, but any round related information in OOC is not okay. Especially the round type.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
SpaghettiScience

Post by SpaghettiScience » #33705

To be fair though, the capitain had just made an announcement about the blob.
It's not as if anybody didn't know about it.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #33730

The ban was within the rules, strictly speaking, even if it wasn't 'necessary' or serving any purpose, as such.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #33769

Just from looking at this, I feel this was rather overzealous. Look at the person's OOC message without the context of them getting blobfucked and what, exactly, does it say? I love to crack down on IC in OOC as much as the next person Saeg but this seems unjustified.
RIP
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #33821

Like I said it was kind of a knee-jerk reaction to seeing blob chatter in ooc when the blob had just popped. I'll admit this was a bit over the line.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.