[Ahammer18]TheWiznard - drone stuff

TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

[Ahammer18]TheWiznard - drone stuff

Post by TheWiznard » #52796

Byond account and character name: TheWiznard - Drone (675)
Admin: Ahammer18
Time incident occurred: 2014-12-21 7:21 pm CST
logs: http://pastebin.com/yDeFLVfH
key lines:
Spoiler:
line 757
line 777
==
pm 791
reply 798
pm 805
reply 809
pm 815
reply 828
pm 834
reply 852
pm 861
reply 872
Detailed summary: I join a round and observe for a bit, see some drone shells in robo and decided to drone it up. I'm going around repairing some maint stuff (there are some bugged maint tiles that I'll report after this) and unable to repair because they were bugged or something. N20 gets released in the prison dock/brig area and some other drones are cleaning all that up. I decided do some janidrone action and use the trash bag to pick up some of the broken zipties and snacks left in the hallways, I pick up some light tubes and take them to cargo to be recycled and all that. By this time there is a lot of blood/dirt all over the floors in the main hallway so I decided to go pick up the only soap I could find in the captain's quarters. This soap sits in his bathroom and is never used, so I figured that this would be the best one to use to clean up the station with. As I pick up the soap in the bathroom that was sitting there being unused and not touched by anyone, the captain starts picking me up and throwing me around, I don't do anything other than keep going back to pick up the soap/trashbag that I dropped when he picked me up. I pick up the items and head back out to start cleaning up. As I start cleaning up I get pm'd by ahammer18 "Could you please explain why you stole J.C. Denton's things?". I told him I didn't steal anything and I just picked up the unused soap in the captain's bathroom so I could clean up the station. He tells me to not do that in the future and I offer to return the unused soap back to the captain's office where it would remain untouched; afterward he replies "I would, as an act of good will." I return the soap to the captain's bathroom and left.

After I returned the soap, I think I may have been a little too passive aggressive in my replies to the trialmin and I'd like to apologize for that. I however disagree with his decision that I was "stealing" anything. Yes the soap is the captain's, but he wasn't even in the slightest using it. When he replies at line 834 with "Good, because it wasnt your property. You are there to repair the station." I disagree with him at line 852 "I'm here to build, maintain, repair, and /improve/, the station; Improving being the consistent upkeep of the station to a pre-round level" (I don't know if using /slashes/ is a meme or not but I use them to italicize words when you can't otherwise).

Was Ahammer18 correct in his decision here? I feel like they were not, and this is what the complaint is about.
Is my line of thinking wrong? My interpretation is of keeping the station at a state where people were not on board, aka "pre-round".
edit: also, the captain was not using the soap at all. I wouldn't used the soap if he was doing something with it because that would interfere with beings. What this is about is that when I picked up the soap that was being unused by anyone in a room no one touches, he (the captain) adminhelped me for taking a bar of soap that he himself wasn't even using.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Re: [Ahammer18]TheWiznard - drone stuff

Post by Ahammer18 » #52819

The captain at the time was angry enough to ahelp the issue, and as a general rule drones are discouraged from stealing property. I apologize for any inconvenience I caused you, but you were really not helping the situation by being sarcastic in admin pm's. I'll speak to my colleagues about this and try to adjust my behavior in the future.

EDIT: The issue was not so much you following your laws (I agree, cleaning the station fits under maintaining it) but with the fact that you stole from the captain.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #52825

The only issue I really had with this was the fact that the soap that I took, the captain was not using at all in any way. I'm assuming he admin helped about because he is trying to create drama. I don't see how using the soap that no one was using at all is a problem, much less stealing.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #52828

Did the captain, at any point, indicate that he didn't want the soap taken?

If not, I can't see a drone as being at fault for using something that wasn't being used. If using something in somebody's workplace/quarters that's sitting untouched is considered a breach of KEEPER law one, then they're almost completely unable to do anything without breaking laws.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #52829

Just take the permabrig soap?
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #52834

But that'd be stealing from the brig, interfering with the possible escape any prisoners there, and JUST as much of a supposed law one violation.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #52837

Aurx wrote:But that'd be stealing from the brig, interfering with the possible escape any prisoners there, and JUST as much of a supposed law one violation.
How can it interfere with beings if no one is using it in the first place?
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #52838

TheWiznard wrote:
Aurx wrote:But that'd be stealing from the brig, interfering with the possible escape any prisoners there, and JUST as much of a supposed law one violation.
How can it interfere with beings if no one is using it in the first place?
Aurx wrote:supposed law one violation
Aurx wrote:supposed
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #52853

Yeah I got nothing to say to that, I didn't see the supposed for some reason when I read your reply.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #52906

Thanks again for bringing this up, I'll adjust my behavior in the future. Speaking of, I still need a feedback thead.

EDIT: I do now.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin