Favouritsm amongst admins [KorPhaeron - Tsaricide]

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Favouritsm amongst admins [KorPhaeron - Tsaricide]

Post by oranges » #134699

So kor granted tsaricide a tc trade request for the blood jaunt spell, he then preceded to murder everyone.

Tc trades themselves are not a bad idea to spice up a round or allow for a gimmick. But when we continually see admins granting other admins requests for ridiculously OP powers we naturally get pretty suspicious.

It's not helped when the requestee goes on to murderbone the rest of the crew.

Blood jaunt isn't fun to deal with when a slaughter demon is involved, it's even less fun when you're dealing with other antags as well.

My gut feeling is that if you look at the number of grants like this, admins granting other admins powers like this is almost certainly much much higher than the chance of a random player getting it and people are getting wise to this fact.

OOC after the fact was very salty and tsaricide and kor weren't particularly good in their attitude.

I don't know what punishment is appropriate, but this shit has got to be reigned in because it's starting to piss people off.

edit:I forgot to add that they got a slaughter demon earlier, but apparently they had an "antag token" although under what circumstances they got that, we may never know (Why is an admin even able to earn antag tokens?)
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Re: Favouritsm amongst admins [KorPhaeron - Tsaricide]

Post by callanrockslol » #134701

I've traded TC for blood jaunt, summon guns, random spells and stuff before. It depends on the admin, I'd be surprised if most wouldn't give a player something crazy if they would give it to another admin.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #134703

If I'm not wrong, Kor has given tsaricide Blood Jaunt multiple times.

Though for real, if admins give a dude blood jaunt and won't give a dude a Morph there's probably something wrong in how admins value the power of these trades.

Then again I'm not really one to talk since loller gave me Jungle Fever once when I asked for it.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #134706

oranges wrote:edit:I forgot to add that they got a slaughter demon earlier, but apparently they had an "antag token" although under what circumstances they got that, we may never know (Why is an admin even able to earn antag tokens?)
IIRC Ausops misclicked once and turned everyone into a monkey by accident; round got restarted and all the antags got given tokens, tsar was one of them.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #134707

It's probably just admins feeling obligated to trade with the others when they ask in asay or something.

Trading TC's for shit is hellafun. (Which I guess the player base isn't used to anymore.)

Though to be fair this is like the millionth time Kor has given Tsaricide blood jaunt and they're friends out of game. Kor probably just shouldn't trade Tsaricide for things to keep the asspain down.

Plus anything that makes Oranges mad is A++.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #134708

a) it's oranges
b) I'm only slightly mad, mostly I just don't want things to get as bad as they did previously
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #134709

c) I'm mostly salty because I couldn't post in ooc
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #134711

Tsar was deadminned.

[07:04:25]ADMIN: HELP: Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome): Can I trade my crystals for demon heart? - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[07:04:27]ADMIN: KorPhaeron/(KorPhaeron) has put Zaross/(Dante Smith) on purrbation.
[07:05:40]ADMIN: KorPhaeron/(Jameson Laborde) spawned /obj/item/organ/internal/heart/demon at (128,146,1)
[07:05:53]ADMIN: KorPhaeron/(Jameson Laborde) removed Ronald Jerome's uplink.
[07:06:00]ADMIN: SubtlePM: KorPhaeron/(Jameson Laborde) -> Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome) : k its under you
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #134712

> he then preceded to murder everyone.
Lying to admins is a bannable offense Oranges, I killed 2-3 people that round (Miku, some chemist, and maybe an engineer I don't know if he got saved or not and that's all I did)
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #134713

Saegrimr wrote:Tsar was deadminned.
It's not about them being adminned/deadminned, it's about tc trades for admins seemingly being approved more often.
Tsaricide wrote:> he then preceded to murder everyone.
Lying to admins is a bannable offense Oranges, I killed 2-3 people that round (Miku, some chemist, and maybe an engineer I don't know if he got saved or not and that's all I did)
murderboner
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #134715

I had a less than amazing attitude/response to this in OOC because I do TC trades constantly for pretty much whoever asks (especially when they ask for things I coded). Hell I do roundtype trades if a solo antag or team antag agrees. Taking 20-30 minutes to outfit clown ops is a labour of love.

So its annoying that I got a range of responses from admin abuse to "TC trades shouldnt exist at all" and being told its somehow my fault that other admins dont do trades as often so the system should be scrapped for being uneven. It's frustrating when I try to spread the fun around as fairly as I can (trading) and its still the cause of OOC anger.

And yes I am friends with him but I dont think thats entirely relevant considering how often I do trades for everyone else. He wasnt the exception, he was the norm.

I'm not sure what to do about percieved bias though other than banning trades or keeping a list/log/rules of what to trade somewhere which sounds dumb.
Last edited by onleavedontatme on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #134716

Or "admins cant trade" would be another that works though obviously I wouldnt be a huge fan of that.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #134717

oranges wrote:It's not about them being adminned/deadminned, it's about tc trades for admins seemingly being approved more often.
And yet the following round had nobody asking to trade their TCs for anything.

Most rounds usually don't, and if I see a lone antag on basil i've even stepped up front and asked if they wanted to do some gimmick and they usually decline.

The first step is to ask.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #134718

I don't really care about this but I can offer a incite into a perceived bias in trading.

The average player would not be aware of the degree of freedom they can get by trading in their TC's for a gimmick or a special higher level item, whereas Admins would know of this as they would be, on the rarer occasions, be granting these requests.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #134719

it's alright, I got over it with a fun wizard round after, so consider this withdrawn.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #134745

oranges wrote:a fun wizard round
now I know you're just making stuff up
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #134765

Yeah I get accused a out favouritism about certain players too, where it's just because they're the only ones who actually ask. Tsaricide is one of these players who usually ask.

Most admins probably don't hand out fun on their own. It's usually in response to creative requests.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #134789

I gave tsar a demons heart a few days ago, and then I gave a few other people hearts too. It's just a matter of asking for a trade

just don't ask for any more demon hearts though, because they're obnoxious for the crew and probably a bit much for TC trades imo
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #134794

I often ask for lone alium transforms (or, in high-pop, larva memes) and usually get them. Am I being favoured too, or is it just a matter of asking?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #134824

you shouldn't give people demon hearts in response for telecrystals. it's not balanced. if it was balanced then it'd be in the pda list
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #134825

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you shouldn't give people demon hearts in response for telecrystals. it's not balanced. if it was balanced then it'd be in the pda list
Not saying demon hearts are balanced, but,

just because something is balanced doesn't mean it goes in the PDA list.
Desucake
Byond Username: Desucake

Post by Desucake » #134829

The timing was just terrible, I just killed my target after a long chase around space, I was near death, and Roland just comes out of the "Drop of blood in space" just to murder me. My only issue over the fact he seems to get this many times before, which is almost guaranteed to get it after asking, where some of us ask about five times for a TC trade and the admin just ignores it. I get that it depends on the admin, but in my opinion, it does pay to be part of the group. I am not saying there is favoritism, but it looks that way when things like that happen constantly. Other than that though, I kind of got over it anyway, just another murder boner in space station, that's daily stuff.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #134832

say tsar 'gets blood jaunt from kor often' seems far more likely to be the fact that
A: Kor does trades loads
B: tsar (presumably) asks often.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #134846

deadmin he
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #134872

Get out of my thread crage you meme
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #134875

i'm a dreamer, a schemer, the one epic memer, poop on your chest like a cleveland steamer
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #134876

My TC requests are mostly ignored these days or usually get denied. Last time I requested some spells admins said they'd rather not give them out to traitors. Best spell I've gotten was some construction ones.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #134881

My TC trades are mostly when im antag as the clown named ''The-Ragin-Mage'' and the admins are cool about giving me low powered spells.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #134912

In my own experience I used to TC trade all the time. It was the only reason I played Traitor/Ling and I made no secret to it. Eventually, admins just stopped TC trading for fun stuff so I stopped playing either of these antag roles.

On the other hand, I once prayed for a charge spell in a really slow round as a non-antag and got it, I then proceeded to spam a wand of nothing at everyone before I got disarmed and it got spaced, so it's really inconsistent as to if admins will actually do trades at all.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #134919

Playerbase isn't used to tc trades since it is actually quite rarely allowed with the exception of admins I guess.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #134927

Anyway this is over.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.