[Jud1c470r] Bluespace - antag ban

Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

[Jud1c470r] Bluespace - antag ban

Post by Bluespace » #141952

Byond account and character name: Bluespace - Boris Pepper
Admin: Jud1c470r
Time incident occured: 22/12/2015 about 00:30AM GMT.
Detailed summary:
I spawn in on metastation.
I adminhelp asking for my gang boss to be removed. A simple de-antag and gib would've sufficed. I wasn't particularly fussed about having to kill myself.
After some time, i'm finally contacted.
We go back and forth for a bit.

I decide to go to security and take a shot at getting them on my side.
I give the warden a pistol as a gesture of good faith and upon resisting a voluntary implant, i'm permabrigged.

Jud1c470r then PMs me about my choice of action.
"gangs are objectively a bad mode" was in reference to resisting an implant, however that was likely unclear to the admin.
The admin sees this as ruining the round. I am assuming this is purely because I wasn't okay with "his solution".
I am then antag banned for saying "Hi, I am Boris Pepper. I am a gang leader. I have converted nobody. There is two gangs to deal with, please enjoy." and then recieve a vaguely threatening message from Jud.
Granted, the message was in bitterness, but it's not worth an antag ban.

Why this complaint was made:
I don't believe I would've been antag banned had I not previously attempted to contact admins to remove my antag status.
I felt the situation was not handled in an unbiased manner.
The logs support me attempting to side with security, not simply turning myself in and revealing the round.
Antags have no restrictions on the way they handle things in-game yet I was banned for doing something that's completely okay to do as an antag.

Feedback from everyone is appreciated.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: [Jud1c470r] Bluespace - antag ban

Post by Zilenan91 » #141954

So you ask for your antag taken away, then deliberately fuck over the next guy who would take over your body

Okay
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #141955

No, he denied the switch because he wanted to remain his special snowflake character. Pretty sure he said in his old ban appeal that he would make a new character rather than go back to Boris Pepper. Shoudlve thrown in a custom character ban too.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #141962

This does sound like the kind of autism that'd earn an identity ban.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #142049

I don't really understand why this situation came about? Why was it not possible to remove Boris from gang head? Its a pretty easy process. Then you either create antag which will randomly make a gang leader, or you offer it to ghosts and make a new human for the ghost, or you say in ooc something like "Pray if you dont care about your current IC situation" and see who responds and choose.

To me this seems like a preventable situation and that maybe we haven't trained Jud1c470r enough (Which is why I still question getting rid of trainers but thats something for another discussion).

Though obviously bluespaces response seems a bit shitty, it still was a easily preventable circumstance. Jud1c470r if your unsure how to do something ask in adminbus or give one of us a PM on the forums. :/
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Montyblancs
Byond Username: Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #142086

If you think 'gangs are objectively a bad mode' then why do you even have gang enabled in antagonist settings? Stop blaming your temper tantrum on the admin trying to get you out of a situation that you voluntarily signed up for.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #142099

Saegrimr wrote:This does sound like the kind of autism that'd earn an identity ban.
I don't like people taking over my character. I've built up a reputation. Multiple times when i've been impersonated by a changeling people who know me have figured it out quickly and dunked the ling. I'm not too fussed if game mechanics cause someone else to become me but i'd rather not voluntarily give up my character. It's just personal preference.
Last edited by Bluespace on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #142100

Montyblancs wrote:If you think 'gangs are objectively a bad mode' then why do you even have gang enabled in antagonist settings? Stop blaming your temper tantrum on the admin trying to get you out of a situation that you voluntarily signed up for.
I have no idea if you need it enabled to be a gangster in the actual round. I don't like being a gang head but spraypainting stuff is ok.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #142101

Alex Crimson wrote:No, he denied the switch because he wanted to remain his special snowflake character. Pretty sure he said in his old ban appeal that he would make a new character rather than go back to Boris Pepper. Shoudlve thrown in a custom character ban too.
I tried making a new character but I quickly lost interest in not having a persistent character through rounds which I could form friendships etc on.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #142109

You can disable gang in Preferences and still become a gangster when penned. Just saying.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #142117

I didn't know that originally which is why my gang was on.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #142120

Bluespace wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:This does sound like the kind of autism that'd earn an identity ban.
I don't like people taking over my character. I've built up a reputation. Multiple times when i've been impersonated by a changeling people who know me have figured it out quickly and dunked the ling. I'm not too fussed if game mechanics cause someone else to become me but i'd rather not voluntarily give up my character. It's just personal preference.
I think thats a pretty valid thing to say, personally I wouldnt want someone playing my character.

I actually think this was dealt with pretty badly by both parties though. You both should know better. Jud in what you can do as an admin and bluespace, you've been an admin before you know how hard it is without people acting like an asshole when they dont get their way.

Shame
*rings bell*
Shame
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #142123

What I always did when I couldn't play gang head because I was playing with a really old jumpy mouse, was this.

>Convert someone
>Then ask for them to be gang lead by admin help
>make me regular ganger

Bluespace could've handled it a bit nicer but he doesn't deserve the antag ban because judicator (no offense) didn't know how to do it without offering the guys body to others.

But bluespace he could've just renamed the body mang :P
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #142164

identity ban for this autism please
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #142228

why would you care if someone else plays as your character.

is the special snowflake autism really that bad for some people?
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #142233

MMMiracles wrote:why would you care if someone else plays as your character.

I just don't like some spastic retard running around as me.
It's not autism fam.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #142290

Well, for those that DO staticname, I guess one big worry is if the random using your name winds up pissing off some double-sperglord and finding yourself getting metagrudged by some dipshit and having no idea why this jackass is following you around every round.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #142306

Screemonster wrote:

Well, for those that DO staticname, I guess one big worry is if the random using your name winds up pissing off some double-sperglord and finding yourself getting metagrudged by some dipshit and having no idea why this jackass is following you around every round.
Bluespace hasn't exactly built the best reputation for himself so having his name dragged through the mud is kind of negligible. That said, if you roll with a static name and someone's continuously harrassing you over a previous encounter then I'm pretty sure that's grounds for a ban right there. At the same time if you've got a good portion of the server trying to hunt a player down it's probably a better idea to take a look at their play style and see if they're a fit for the server but that's a whole other ball park
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #142335

Bluespace wrote:
Then do the not dickish thing and go get a new UI from genetics or plastic surgery or something like that. Literally takes seconds if you take the genetics path.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #142440

I will admit I handled this badly with regards to the antag switchout. I had a complete brainfart and thought that'd be the only way I could do it, not from lack of knowledge but because an alternative simply did not occur to me until it was mentioned later in adminbus.

I still feel the antag ban was entirely justified though since you proceeded to announce enemy gangs etc over the radio simply because you didn't get your way.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #142456

How is announcing enemy gangs a thing to get yourself antag banned over?

I mean it's usually not a winning strategy but it's not working against your team.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #142800

Team antag bans are usually handed out to people who do something destructive to their OWN team, right?
It might just be me, but I fail to see what he did that was destructive to his own team.
I'm probably just missing something.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #142802

He sold himself out as a gang boss to sec
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #142807

Literally the near exact same thing happened to me a little bit ago where I ahelped saying I didn't want to be a gangboss, but I didn't want my snowflake char taken away, so Shaps then just got a random pray and gave it to them and I suicided. Much simple.

This shouldn't have even happened.
Situation could have been very easily prevented, and ones like this probably will be in the future if admins know how to use their tools well. As for this I don't think Bluespace deserves his ban for this specific situation.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #142863

It is pretty poor sportsmanship to turn yourself in to security as a gang head, and I'm not sure I buy that you weren't just turning yourself in, you walked in to the brig gave the warden a pistol and allowed yourself to be loyalty implanted as a gang leader with no real gang or influence to back you up. I don't really see how you could have anticipated that ending well.

Jud1c470r fumbled the transfer although mistakes happen and people forget things, hopefully he'll get it right going forwards. I'll probably lift the ban as well because you didn't actually have a team to sell out.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #143035

The admin complaint has served it's purpose.
Thank you, this may be closed now.