[???] Braincake - "Event"

Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

[???] Braincake - "Event"

Post by Braincake » #32228

Byond account and character name: Braincake, as "C.A.K.E." (AI)
Admin: ??? - See below
Time incident occured: 22:30 GMT+2, or about 15:30 EST, on Sybil
Detailed summary:

Supposedly a wizard round, the wizard ports through the Captain's office and into the AI core. That "hilarious" fake nukescreen popped up, which is probably unrelated, but it did stun all the humans for a good minute or so. Since the wizard hasn't harmed anyone yet I disable the turrets as he asks.

At this point the wizard (called "EI NUFF") asks to open the windoor for the core. I decline, stating that I'd prefer to stay right where I am. He keeps arguing for a while, until I somehow go deaf to anything but plain says. HerpA said to blame coderbus for this, but it was the second time in only a few rounds, so I am slightly more doubtful. Anyway, while arguing with the wizard, Blessed is hovering close by with some weird ghost sprite, visible. After the wizard's arguing fails, an intellicard suddenly appears next to him. Then a clone of the wizard appears, with phase jaunt, and jaunts into the core. I'm carded, and the clone disappears. After being a sort of pAI for half an hour, the wizard is killed, even though he had Magic Missile with zero cooldown.

I am well aware that events are common and perfectly fine and all that, but this was rather blatant admin-abuse just to get me carded for what appears to be no reason: after carding me there were no further requests and hardly any conversation. I don't see how using adminverbs just to card me was justifiable.

Logs: http://pastebin.com/fkhhUnY2

Edit: Since BlessedHeretic apparantly had nothing to do with it, this complaint is now directed to whoever spawned in the intellicard and himself as a wizard with the spells, with the (seemingly) express purpose of getting me carded.

Second edit: Now that events like this are apparantly under a neat catch-all verb, which I was not aware of, this complaint is retracted.
Last edited by Braincake on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Re: [BlessedHeretic] Braincake - "Event"

Post by BlessedHeretic » #32236

First. The only things I did in this round was give the wizard a second spellbook since he summoned events 5 times and he used it entirely on magic missile afterward. After this, I did nothing in the game save really mess up Magic Missile because i wanted to give the wiz a 5 second MM instead of a 9 (and somehow really, really messed that up.), and in fact had to reconnect a lot due to disconnects. AFAIK no one summoned a intel card for the wiz.

After that, the infinite MM was an issue I spent a good 20 minutes trying to fix. I, as well as HerpA were trying to fix it, but somehow it was just, broken. At the point we gave up on trying to fix it and were about to delete the spell entirely, he had died. If you're curious as to why I didn't just delete it in the first place, it was because it would of left the antag entirely defenseless and most of the time he was being attacked.

If your complaint is that intel card came out of no where, your complaint is directed elsewhere. I had literally nothing to do with it.
Braincake

Post by Braincake » #32244

BlessedHeretic wrote:If your complaint is that intel card came out of no where, your complaint is directed elsewhere. I had literally nothing to do with it.
That, and the wizard clone who only teleported in to card me, then vanished somehow. But since that wasn't you, I'll edit the OP accordingly, and apologize for the accusation.
BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #32247

Braincake wrote:
BlessedHeretic wrote:If your complaint is that intel card came out of no where, your complaint is directed elsewhere. I had literally nothing to do with it.
That, and the wizard clone who only teleported in to card me, then vanished somehow. But since that wasn't you, I'll edit the OP accordingly, and apologize for the accusation.
it's ok, I'd have assumed I did it as well considering my ghost was following the wiz with an obnoxious Icon (courtesy of HerpA). I've asked the bus and no one is either fessing up, or no one did it.
Braincake

Post by Braincake » #32250

BlessedHeretic wrote:I've asked the bus and no one is either fessing up, or no one did it.
If it was nobody, that'd mean someone else got selected as wizard, decided to pick the same name and appearance, and select appropiate teleport spells. He'd then also have to have decided to teleport to the AI core, requisition the intellicard, card me, and pass me to the other guy.

Perhaps also relevant is that a borg ran in at some point and seemed to have turned the turrets to lethal with the two wizards present, but despite having the burned-sprite after a while of getting lasered, the clone seemed to be just springy. All of this being unrelated to adminverbs seems unlikely to the extreme to me.
BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #32253

Braincake wrote:
BlessedHeretic wrote:I've asked the bus and no one is either fessing up, or no one did it.
If it was nobody, that'd mean someone else got selected as wizard, decided to pick the same name and appearance, and select appropiate teleport spells. He'd then also have to have decided to teleport to the AI core, requisition the intellicard, card me, and pass me to the other guy.

Perhaps also relevant is that a borg ran in at some point and seemed to have turned the turrets to lethal with the two wizards present, but despite having the burned-sprite after a while of getting lasered, the clone seemed to be just springy. All of this being unrelated to adminverbs seems unlikely to the extreme to me.
Could be that it was a Summon Events thing. I don't know the full rotation of events it causes. Fake nukes, lava tiles, Magic carp... It's a lot.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Re: [???] Braincake - "Event"

Post by CreationPro » #32254

I know for sure that there's an event that raises dead.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Braincake

Post by Braincake » #32256

BlessedHeretic wrote:Could be that it was a Summon Events thing. I don't know the full rotation of events it causes. Fake nukes, lava tiles, Magic carp... It's a lot.
I've been away for a few months; I'm not familiar with the "Summon Events" thing. If, as it sounds, it's some sort of HBL button, then I'd be fine with chalking it up to that and just disregarding this complaint. It wasn't particularly round-ruining enough to really get my panties in a twist over.
CreationPro wrote:I know for sure that there's an event that raises dead.
Well, then. Let me just get this thread locked and we'll never speak of this again.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: [???] Braincake - "Event"

Post by Hornygranny » #32257

HBL: The Button: The Spell