Iain0

Bob Schrubbery
Byond Username: Bob Schrubbery

Iain0

Post by Bob Schrubbery » #719476

[Iain0] Bob Schrubbery - gibbed and banned for very light offense.

Post Content:
Terry - EU (Game Server, forums, Discord):
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Bob Schrubbery
Admin:Iain0
Round id: 223042
Detailed summary:

I was playing prisoner with another user, and we both set to break out of prison. I have not played as prisoner much, but this user seemed to know what they were doing so I followed their lead. As we were breaking a bookshelf to get wood, a borg came in. Right away the other user told me to kill the borg, which made sense since I assumed we were supposed to break out without being caught. We continued to form a plan to escape when I got pinged by the admin, explaining that killing a borg still isnt allowed as a prisoner. I explained what happened and that I was not clear on those rules, the other user was also standing still so I assumed they also got pinged. When I came back to the game, I said "centcom gay" (unaware of some rule 11, which I will get into). I have had many players refer to mods as "centcom" in game to explain their absence or them getting yelled at. This has happened on and off for the years I have been playing. Along with that, I have had many players hurl the word gay, and much worse at me and others without punishment. I was never under the assumption that the word gay is banned. Right after saying centcom gay, I was gibbed and got more pings from Iain0 complaining about my use of the word gay and the context in which it was used. After arguing that there was no bad intent, and that I was just making ajoke out of being pinged to the other player with me, he decided to day ban me, citing the recent offenses and my ban from over 6 months ago as the reason.

This seems like an extreme overreaction, and it also seems that people pick and choose when rules are enforced which makes it hard to tell what is allowed and not allowed.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: Iain0

Post by Cheshify » #719489

Hey there, if you want to make an admin complaint about a ban, please make a ban appeal on the ban appeal subforum first, and if you're unbanned, this complaint can be re-opened.

viewforum.php?f=7
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta