Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Niknakflak

Post by Stan_Studnick » #93264

Byond account and character name: Stan_Studnick - Stan Studnick
Admin: Niknakflak
Time incident occured: 4:30ish US central
Detailed summary:

I joined the round, said hello to everyone, and then wandered the halls until I was met by Lilah Novi, there I also found Candice Moore and Sleeps-Without-Regret. Since this was on Basil station I was in roleplay mode, and I said hellos and I said that my character was officially going to be a father (non-SS13 roleplaying, but with the same characters) and everyone was like wow, great! Then Centcom announces that I'm going to be a father, and I was like, cool, thanks, sure hope this doesn't turn into admin fuckery. Then there was a talking potato named "Lilah's Husband" and it was being just generally lewd, apparently a gift from God according to Lilah Novi. Then after some more discussion, Centcom announces that I'm apparently carrying a child (???) and gibbing is the only way they know how to give birth. Lilah was getting messages "from God" (aka "you hear a voice in your head" shit) saying to gib me, and the potato was being annoying so I finally grabbed it because it was just silly, and I ran to the kitchen and cut it up into fries and ate the fries. Of course almost immediately this fucking C4 block is spawned that says "Stan Gibbing Device" and I was like god damn it, and I blew open the door to the freezer in an effort to get rid of it forever as fast as possible. Then shortly after I go to the bathroom to "give birth" and shortly after that I go AFK. Mind you, this whole time, Lilah Novi has been getting mind-messages to gib me. Then while I'm busy, Lilah comes by and kills me and takes me to the kitchen to get gibbed. I was ripshit pissed, so I did some OOC fuck yous and then left.

Can some other admin get the logs from this event and review them, please?

EDIT: I'm fully aware I IC'd in OOC, I don't mind getting punished for that.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Niknakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #93265

I saw that the three of them were talking about relationships and somehow it got to be that Stan was a father. Something to do with pregnancy, so naturally seeing as I figured out spaceman birth and have used it previous events, I thought it would be funny to actually make stan a father so I made him pregnant put a baby inside of him. Meanwhile, another player continuing to talk about relationships says along the lines I could date a potato, so I made her a potato husband and made the potato sweet talk her. Stan proceeds to make the potato into fries and eats the other players husband. From here, I made the other player who had their husband potato killed a traitor with the objective to make stan give birth because they expressed interest in seeing the baby and they had their husband murdered by stan. Stan proceeded to go AFK after attempting to poop out his baby in the bathroom and the other player with this objective then lasered stan and attempted to make him give birth via gibbing.

In case anyone doesn't know about how spaceman birth works. It functions like alien code and when a mob is placed inside another mob, if the outside mob or "shell" is gibbed, the mob inside "bursts" out of them. Therefore, forceful gibbing is the only way to make a spaceman give birth.

I thought this would be a funny little thing to add to a three hour long extended round where the running joke was that stan was a father. The potato husband was added on for extra ridiculousness and it only got more silly from there.

http://privatepaste.com/8320370549

TL;DR
Stan had a baby and murdered someones potato husband so potato wife got revenge. Literally.
Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #93267

Oh? Three hour extended round? Wow.

See, I didn't know it was any of that and I didn't know the round was tee hee just for kicks!!! because I had been playing a grand total of what, ten minutes before I went AFK? If I had died from a normal antag, whatever shit happens, I'll be mad about it but hey, that's the game. I didn't die from a normal antag.
Lilah
Byond Username: LilahNovi

Post by Lilah » #93268

While I understand why Stan is mad, I feel that the complaint is unwarranted and a matter of miscommunication.
I joined the round with Candice Moore as the Captain, since for about a half hour or so, nobody had joined the game and there were only three players on the server. While I normally am interested in playing for RP purposes, I asked Candice instead for help on learning new positions, like setting up Atmos and learning how to set up the singulo, or even how to cook. We'd gone through all these silly and extremely meta interactions (Literally just saying, like, "Click this, drag this to you, cook the pizza with your mind"), and we're done and just growing flowers when Stan got on. I feel poorly for not communicating the fact that it was a sandbox round devoid of much more than learning and fooling around, but I figured since there were so few many people that rping wouldn't really take the forefront.
Stan announced he was going to be a father, and Lilah said, "Everyone, Stan's pregnant!" and then they were talking about their relationships with lizards. Lilah said, "I could date a human, a lizardperson, or a potato, it doesn't matter to me" which is how the whole thing really started. Niknak started to have some fun with the round, and I played along with it. Much to my dismay, it royally pissed off Stan's player. I apologized profusely and thought to clone him, but he left before I could solve the issue.

I understand that Stan is at the tip of his rope over admin abuse-- I get that feeling. I've almost left twice over asshole players on the server. Still, I just don't think this is a case of FLAGRANT abuse or stan being particularly targeted. I feel like it definitely could have been talked out in OOC, or especially solved IC. And anyway, if Stan had been gibbed, I highly doubt since it was down to 3 players at that point, that he would have stayed dead. I thought it'd be fun to see since it wasn't like the usual round and it was so late at night.
Stan didn't feel the same. For that, I'm sorry.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #93413

Yeah the only thing NikNak did wrong was not communicate with you enough during the round through PMs or deadchat or whatever. This actually sounds hilarious.

EDIT: For Stan though, next time something like this happens, adminhelp before you ragequit.
Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #93440

-nevermind-
pizzaboynotip
Byond Username: NoTipPizzaBoy

Post by pizzaboynotip » #94909

It's still a fucking weird event that probably shouldn't of began in the first place, especially on what's supposed to be the "RP heavy server"
Also, there are whole stations dedicated to spessman birth, I suggest taking that scenario there? :P
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #94911

Tg is a light rp server dude.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #94914

NikNakFlak wrote:Tg is a light rp server dude.
Don't believe his lies.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #94919

Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #95220

Seems it was never mentioned but this situation was discussed and resolved with NikNakFlak in #adminbus by headmins.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.