[NikNakFlak]Mastigos- Misconduct due to personal involvement

Mastigos

[NikNakFlak]Mastigos- Misconduct due to personal involvement

Post by Mastigos » #22809

Byond account and character name: Mastigos - Luca Bowchiew
Admin: NikNakFlak
Time incident occurred: Saturday between 7pm Central
Detailed summary: So, this isn't to fight anything about my most recent ban, which is already long served. I took the ban calmly, and still maintain that I was rightfully banned for being a shit. I do have a complaint on NikNakFlak, the admin that banned me, though. I was banned in the same round as http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1122 this appeal for throwing an IED at Ian and the cargo laser containment walls. Although I did no damage to any of it, I took my ban without complaint, and even encouraged him to do so, because even if I thought it was shitty of cargo to do and I wanted to see if IEDs could do anything to shields I shouldn't have chucked IEDs at all, but that's not the point of this complaint.

My point of contention is that as I found out two days after, the reason NikNak got hostile about me messing with people's projects was that it was his pet project, and his stealthmin PMing me doesn't take away from the fact that he directly got involved in and handled an administrative situation he had a personal stake in, which is very much against policy and an act of misconduct by him. I was pretty unhappy when I saw the appeal above and realized, mainly I was under the impression that I was getting pinged by an impartial admin that saw the explosions pop up and investigated, only to later find out from another ban appeal that he PMed me specifically for messing with his project.

To reiterate: This isn't about the fact I got banned. I did something that was shitty and he was very lenient with me in my punishment, and I am grateful and still believe he's a very capable admin. I do not wish to detract in any way from that. This complaint is purely about NikNakFlak getting involved in a situation he had a personal stake in, which is a very not cool thing to do. He should have popped to Sybil and gotten one of the two admins on at the time there to come handle it instead.
Last edited by Mastigos on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Re: [NikNakFlak] Misconduct due to personal involvement

Post by Munchlax » #22824

I advice using the freaking format.

edit: ok you did it
Last edited by Munchlax on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Re: [NikNakFlak]Mastigos- Misconduct due to personal involve

Post by Hibbles » #22882

Niknak needs to be directed to this thread as soon as possible, and I hope it's not what it really looks like, because if it is, then there's a problem.
RIP
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #22938

Until you told me, I had no knowledge of you bombing the thing in cargo. At that point in the round, I was long dead due to uranium walls placed by saiga which killed a large portion of the crew. The only thing that got my attention was you doing it again randomly to other areas of the station. I even questioned you about doing it in the past and you said the admin spoke to you about yet the ban reason stated different, to which you quickly changed your story. I didn't really think about it at the time that I guess you bombing something that myself and quartermaster made, in fact made me involved. You IED'd multiple places. The only reason you didn't get a day is because you were polite and respectful in the admin pms. Does bombing an object made by someone who are not in the round anymore constitute involved?

If this is so, than I did indeed make an error. If this is not so, than my statement stands. I had been dead for some time, the shields even down at the point because they were turned off by the quartermaster, it didn't really cross my mind. The only thing that did was the fact that you were IEDing places. It just happened that cargo happened to be one of them, and I happen to have built something there. I really didn't think about being involved because it was player to object built by another player (being me) rather than player to player conflict. Regardless, if this is indeed an error on my part, I take full responsibility for the action and ban and take whatever punishment that follows.
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #22946

NikNakFlak wrote:Until you told me, I had no knowledge of you bombing the thing in cargo. At that point in the round, I was long dead due to uranium walls placed by saiga which killed a large portion of the crew. The only thing that got my attention was you doing it again randomly to other areas of the station. I even questioned you about doing it in the past and you said the admin spoke to you about yet the ban reason stated different, to which you quickly changed your story. I didn't really think about it at the time that I guess you bombing something that myself and quartermaster made, in fact made me involved. You IED'd multiple places. The only reason you didn't get a day is because you were polite and respectful in the admin pms. Does bombing an object made by someone who are not in the round anymore constitute involved?

If this is so, than I did indeed make an error. If this is not so, than my statement stands. I had been dead for some time, the shields even down at the point because they were turned off by the quartermaster, it didn't really cross my mind. The only thing that did was the fact that you were IEDing places. It just happened that cargo happened to be one of them, and I happen to have built something there. I really didn't think about being involved because it was player to object built by another player (being me) rather than player to player conflict. Regardless, if this is indeed an error on my part, I take full responsibility for the action and ban and take whatever punishment that follows.

The shields weren't down at the time, and I only threw the one into the mail room that killed Ian and the one right beside the lower generator on the right side entrance that broke two floor tiles in the main hallway. That was literally the only two places I IED'd. And I didn't change my story about my previous offense, I backed down and said that I was apparently mistaken in my recollection and that I trust whatever's in the notes to be right. I'm not arguing about the validity of my ban though. I owned that right in my OP, you did well and I thank you for being lenient with me in that regard. I reiterate that my sole point of contention is that you already had to pass off to another admin earlier because of an attack on you and an attempt to mess with your project, and that to not do so in a similar case within the same round was bad. You seemed pretty annoyed specifically that I was messing with someone's pet project, and considering your involvement with the project you were defending in the ahelps, that threw up a red flag to me.

I would just like to make it clear again: This is not about how you administrated my actions and ban at all, I make no complaint against that. This is about you addressing it at all instead of handing it to another admin either from the start, or as soon as you realized I was messing with your project. The conflict of interest still existed and that's a breach of policy that, while minor, is still something that I feel very uncomfortable not calling attention to, especially since you're a trialmin. I'm not asking for my note to be removed or for you to be deadminned. I just want you to please be more mindful of how your actions will appear, regardless of your intent at the time.
#NEVERFORGET
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #22947

I reviewed the logs. It turns out I was dead during the initial questioning and cloned right in the middle of the investigation. I also remember your statement for throwing them was to see if it could bring down the shield but I only knew about that from responses, not initial contact. Regardless of the case, you are most likely right with the breach of conflict. This one seemed to have blown over me for whatever reason. You are most right and I appreciate you bringing it up, as I had actually forgotten about it. I dealt with two IED incidants one after another (as can be seen on the ban database) and I'm afraid I'm getting them confused. It is hard for me remember which IED situation was about which. As you said, I should have handed it over once I knew that the cargo thingy was involved. I just dug the logs and I am most certainly in the wrong here.
Spoiler:
[16:55:20]SAY: Luca Bowchiew/Mastigos : What's with the Cargo shields?
[16:56:04]GAME: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew) has primed a improvised explosive for detonation at Cargo Office (69,136,1).
[16:56:09]GAME: Explosion with size (-1, 0, 2, 0) in area Cargo Office (69,140,1) First one I dont notice
[16:57:21]GAME: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew) has primed a improvised explosive for detonation at Central Primary Hallway (88,141,1).
[16:57:25]GAME: Explosion with size (-1, 0, 2, 0) in area Central Primary Hallway (87,137,1)
[16:57:30]ADMIN: NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer) checked antagonists. Only after the second IED, which this one was for the head of personnel's office did I stop to check on who is IEDing what, for what reason.
[16:58:00]ADMIN: PM: NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer)->Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew): Why are you IEDing places randomly?
[16:58:59]ADMIN: PM: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew)->NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer): Wasn't really random. I killed Ian and I was curious as to whether emitters and shield gens can be disrupted with IEDs. Apparently they can't, so I'm done with them. Right here is when I should have realized that I moved Ian to cargo earlier and understood that this involved the thingy I made in the round and stepped back.
[16:59:15]ADMIN: PM: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew)->NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer): I apologize if it caused any worry on your part.
[16:59:22]ADMIN: PM: NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer)->Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew): so, in other words, randomly IEDing places and ruining other peoples projects for no reason. Acknowledging my own mistake and yet continuing anyway, despite my better judgement.
[17:02:29]ADMIN: PM: NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer)->Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew): You litterly already have a ban for IEDing random places
[17:02:58]ADMIN: PM: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew)->NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer): That ban was from a little while back and it was a poorly escalated situation between myself and Security, I acknowledged my error to the admin and took the ban without complaint.
[17:03:13]ADMIN: PM: NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer)->Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew): According to the ban, you never even spoke to the admin.
[17:04:05]ADMIN: PM: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew)->NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer): Sorry, internet reset.
[17:04:45]ADMIN: PM: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew)->NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer): But I did talk to the admin. I got bwoinked and explained what happened, I realized I was being a dick to Security, done deal. This statement makes me think you are lying because the ban reason states 100% the opposite.
[17:04:54]ADMIN: PM: NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer)->Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew): IEDing, and EMPing the brig for no reason. Greytiding. Wasn't around, by the time I showed up. Appeal on the forums if you so wish."
[17:05:03]ADMIN: PM: NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer)->Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew): Wasn't around, by the time I showed up. Stop lying to me. Me accusing you of lying.
[17:05:47]ADMIN: PM: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew)->NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer): Apparently I'm mistaken, and I apologize.
[17:06:05]ADMIN: PM: NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer)->Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew): Doesn't excuse the fact that you IED'd random places again with the intent of just breaking stuff. While true, I should not have handled this once I knew it involved the cargo thingy.
[17:06:56]ADMIN: PM: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew)->NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer): Niknak, I've already said I'm not really planning on arguing. If you feel I am in the wrong, then I will accept your ban without complaint. You're a competent admin, and I trust your judgement. I apologize for my actions, and will serve my ban without a fight. This is the reason I halfed the time.
[17:07:43]ADMIN: PM: Mastigos/(Luca Bowchiew)->NikNakflak/(Zillx Fritzer): If you feel I'm being shit, I probably am. Just go ahead and ban me, I don't mind.
[17:09:04]ADMIN: niknakflak has banned mastigos. The ban.
Reason: IEDing places for no reason AGAIN. after being warned the first time.
This will be removed in 720 minutes.
To sum it up, You are 100% correct I should not have handled this, especially since I took the ruining people's projects part into consideration which did in fact involve me. I made a mistake and I do so apologize for doing so. You have been very polite in bringing this up and I admit I may have been alittle hostile in the administrative messages. To state more things, I did not think I was stealth minned at the time, or maybe I was. I tend to stealthmin when I want to focus more on playing and less on administration. Either way, this is a mistake on my part and this admin complaint is valid. My previous statement
I take full responsibility for the action and ban and take whatever punishment that follows.
stands.
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #23092

As far as I'm concerned, my complaint has been resolved completely, and whoever wishes to may lock it accordingly. Thank you very much for taking the time to engage this dialog.
#NEVERFORGET