[Armhulenn] diamondsentinel - I dunno what to put here

DiamondSentinel
Byond Username: DiamondSentinel

[Armhulenn] diamondsentinel - I dunno what to put here

Post by DiamondSentinel » #314323

Byond account and character name: diamondsentinel - Arlanhe Darkweaver
Admin: Armhulenn
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Time - Round right before 72853, Sybil
Detailed summary:
Round starts, I'm RD, there is no HoS, Captain, or HoP. I secure the captain's spare ID, nuke disk, etc, as outlined in Space Law. Grab a taser, return to science, yadda yadda yadda.
15-20 minutes in, captain comes to the station. I've still secured everything. He asks me to give him the spare, I tell him I will once I order Arena Shuttle. He starts telling security that I'm rogue and to kill me. Well, at this point, I section myself off, and say that science has seceded and to detain (not kill. This is important) any security or the captain if they come in. Captain now orders the AI to lock me in my room so that security can come and kill me. I use my remote, and escape through maintenance. Throughout this, the captain has issued my death 4 times now. Not because I have his stuff still, but because I had it in the first place (which was allowed under Space Law, and the AI let me in. I didn't break in), and for going into his office (AI let me in and I left immediately). HoS comes and tries to kill me, so I tase him, remove his gun, and leave him be. I don't cause any damage whatsoever. After that, the HoS comes in with a combat shotgun full of lethals and crits me. The captain then comes over, and completely lethals me. At this point, I explain the situation to Arm, who then replies "Space Law is more of a suggestion. I would have killed you to since you had been in my office". Detective takes my corpse and clones me, after which Arm says "well, you're alive aren't you?" Well, yes. But I still was killed and had all my stuff taken by this captain. He then makes a baseless statement that the captain cloned me (again, wasn't him, was the detective), after which the communication is closed.

I don't exactly know why I'm making this thread, other than the fact that I just want somebody to look at this and realize "hey, this guy didn't handle this correctly" or some shit. The only shot I ever fired on the captain's troupe was in self defense, and was nonlethal. I was met with completely lethal force, and an admin who refused to even listen to what I had to say, instead dismissing it.

And before anyone says "Oh but you have past issues". That shouldn't affect the judgement in the round in question. This round was an isolated incident in which a captain acting grossly incompetently while completely ignoring the singularity ripping through the station, the rogue CE, and any of the other various things destroying the station.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Armhulenn] diamondsentinel - I dunno what to put here

Post by Armhulen » #314325

at any moment, you could have just given him the spare id but you instead dug yourself in a deeper and deeper hole by declaring independence and grabbing tasers and insulting him and all that. And when the detective cloned you, the captain let you live even though you just kept insulting him over and over. Your reason for keeping the ID is weak, too. You wanted to keep all access from the captain because you wanted to buy a death area shuttle? That's silly.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #314361

Armhulen wrote:at any moment, you could have just given him the spare id but you instead dug yourself in a deeper and deeper hole by declaring independence and grabbing tasers and insulting him and all that. And when the detective cloned you, the captain let you live even though you just kept insulting him over and over. Your reason for keeping the ID is weak, too. You wanted to keep all access from the captain because you wanted to buy a death area shuttle? That's silly.
I didn't insult him until he killed me. Furthermore, every encounter with him, he tried to kill me. There wasn't an opportunity for me to give it back without him murdering me.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #314397

Are you complaining that the captain wasn't helping to stop the things that were going to kill a lot of people when you wanted to buy an arena shuttle?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #314403

At no point did you say "OK, i'll give it back." Instead, you insulted him over sec radio and said stuff like "SCIENCE IS SECEDING" and "THIS IS WAR" No wonder he didn't give you a chance to give it back
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #314519

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Are you complaining that the captain wasn't helping to stop the things that were going to kill a lot of people when you wanted to buy an arena shuttle?
1. No, that's not the point
2. The general outcry from the crew was to buy the arena shuttle. It's not like I did it just to fuck everyone
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #314520

Armhulen wrote:At no point did you say "OK, i'll give it back." Instead, you insulted him over sec radio and said stuff like "SCIENCE IS SECEDING" and "THIS IS WAR" No wonder he didn't give you a chance to give it back
This is completely false. I did say I'd give it back after I was done, and I didn't insult him over sec radio.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #314536

DiamondSentinel wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Are you complaining that the captain wasn't helping to stop the things that were going to kill a lot of people when you wanted to buy an arena shuttle?
1. No, that's not the point
2. The general outcry from the crew was to buy the arena shuttle. It's not like I did it just to fuck everyone
The general outcry < The IC chain of command

This isn't some sort of "purge everyone" gimmick, this was the Captain getting back his stolen [it became stolen once you refused to give it back] card. Instead of just leaving the card anywhere, you insisted on escalating the situation albeit nonlethally. While that was thoughtful of you, it was not required of them to return only in kind.

If you want to be a space law nerd [yuck], Mutiny is a capital offense and you refusing to give up the card [which really you could have just upgraded your own card silly] to buy a death shuttle against the wishes of the Captain fits that pretty well, especially once you became """"""independent""""".

So yes, while I understand it sucks they were not honorbound like you and they killed you, I don't think there was any wrongdoing here on Arm's part.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #314552

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #314555

You don't get to use space law as your defense if you don't understand or accept that attempting mutiny or revolution under any circumstances makes you an enemy of the corporation and KoS
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #314570

This seems to be a ban request more than an actual admin complaint.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #314584

Spoiler:
[07:30:19]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : Oh hey captain. I'm going to play captain for a little while longer.
[07:30:25]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : But you're the real one
[07:31:37]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : That wasn't a request for permission
[07:31:41]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : It was a statement of fact
[07:32:14]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : And you think I care?
[07:32:33]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : SCIENCE SECEDES FROM THE STATION
[07:32:36]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : STOP
[07:33:03]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : I just retrived a taser
[07:33:39]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : EVERYONE
[07:33:42]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : WE ARE AT WAR
[07:34:18]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : She
[07:34:27]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : Everyone, if you see a security officer or the captain, detain them
[07:34:32]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : They are attempting to purge all of science
-and it goes on, pasting logs is not fun but i can fetch the rest if need be-
wow, he killed you on sight? now isn't that just quacking crazy!
logs!
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #314616

Dumb frog wrote: -and it goes on, pasting logs is not fun but i can fetch the rest if need be-
oranges@jumphost:~$ wget https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... ame.txt.gz
--2017-07-06 06:22:44-- https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... ame.txt.gz
Resolving tgstation13.org (tgstation13.org)... 45.58.127.133
Connecting to tgstation13.org (tgstation13.org)|45.58.127.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 64867 (63K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘game.txt.gz’

game.txt.gz 100%[===================================>] 63.35K 386KB/s in 0.2s

2017-07-06 06:22:44 (386 KB/s) - ‘game.txt.gz’ saved [64867/64867]

oranges@jumphost:~$ gunzip game.txt.gz gzip: game.txt already exists; do you wish to overwrite (y or n)? y
oranges@jumphost:~$ grep 'Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel' game.txt > result.txt

https://file.house/2WI9.txt

wow that was fucking hard

also lol

[08:06:55]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : CAPTAIN
[08:06:58]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : SHUT UP AND LISTNEN
[08:07:03]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : THERE IS A SINGULARITY RIPPING THROUGH SCIENCE
[08:07:11]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : YOU NEED TO GIVE ME MY SHIT
[08:07:13]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : SO I CAN STOP THIS
[08:07:47]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : CAPTAIN
[08:07:56]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : GIVE ME MY SHIT SO I CAN FIX THIS SHITSHOW YOU STARTED
[08:08:22]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : Fine
[08:08:24]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : It's your funeral
[08:08:50]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : Bobo, shut up
[08:08:54]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : You're the worst captain I've ever seen
[08:09:41]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : Bobo, shut the fuck up
[08:09:46]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : There is literally nothing we can do.
[08:09:52]SAY: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : And you stole all my shit
[08:15:48]OOC: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : Captain, you are literally the scum of the earth
[08:16:41]OOC: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : Mcriden, were you the captain?
[08:17:06]OOC: Arlanhe Darkweaver/DiamondSentinel : You realize everything I did was fully within my power, and not at all valid for you to kill me.
:salt:
Last edited by oranges on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #314619

I'm not a nerd also no more shitposting pls!
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #314621

I am posting under the anon3 amendment and providing relevant logs and detail to the round
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #314624

ok fine >:(
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #314626

also this has gone on long enough, the answer is no, if a headmin wants to intervene ya et cet but we should probably close this up
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #314637

This is not actionable.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.