[Gouty] Jakeflex - unreasonable behavior from trialmin

jakeflex
Byond Username: Jakeflex

[Gouty] Jakeflex - unreasonable behavior from trialmin

Post by jakeflex » #320869

Byond account and character name: Jakeflex Drone(idk the #0)
Admin: Gouty (Trialmin)
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Sybil Server between 5:30-6:30 am EST
Detailed summary:
Logs: http://imgur.com/a/LuQxD
I was previously dronebanned for something justifiably stupid however it's one of my all time favorite roles because of how it's detached from the round yet can still have impact.
I began the round as an on station drone and a scientist attempted to convert me to ratvar at one point. It didn't change my laws or anything but that's the round. Eventually I get a hat and enter the HoP's office to pet Ian and see what hat the dog was wearing. I didn't know petting Ian, an NPC mob, was a MAJOR INFRACTION to Drone law. Gouty messages me soon after I pet Ian reminding me not to interact with crew. I didn't think anything of it other than a simple reminder and responded with the Ratvar message. I find the Nuke Disk OUTSIDE the captain's office laying on the ground and decided to grab it. I understand it CAN be round important and don't disagree I shouldn't have grabbed it. (perhaps it can be argued under law 3 but there's a specific rule against getting it). What I'm here to complain about is Gouty's immediate hostile reaction to me saying I have the disk and continual berating because a trialmin has nothing to do but yell at a drone for 15 minutes I guess. After his first message, already swearing at me, he could've stopped I was already putting it back. However he decided it was worth copy-pasting my directives that I already know in caps. Then decides to threaten me with a "4th Chance" and solves the situation by giving me a ridiculous note as if petting Ian should instaban me or something. I don't see this is acceptable behavior from an admin and the staff needs an adjustment if they all act like this toward a player. Being outright accusatory and rude shouldn't be someone's first impression. Especially when during that SAME round the other drone was speaking to crew and RIDING a cyborg.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Gouty] Jakeflex - unreasonable behavior from trialmin

Post by Armhulen » #320871

Well you did it after he warned you about interaction, Either way, here's my thoughts

his first reply is fine.
1 nothing to complain here
2 you're disobeying the admin, I have no clue why you did that
3 He's only saying this whole bit because, like he says, you just got dronebanned
4 There is nothing wrong with a note, that's what we use to record infractions
5 This seems like a threat from gouty and I don't really like this as much because this is just him saying "YOU SHOULD BE GLAD YOU'RE NOT BANNED" Just seems unprofessional

all in all, the fifth picture is the only one that seems silly but honestly, he should have banned you after you made a snarky response to him.
jakeflex
Byond Username: Jakeflex

Post by jakeflex » #320873

I don't understand where you get disobeying an admin from. I very quickly put it back where it belonged but simply told him he didn't have to get upset in his very first message. "I know it's ratvar but the nuke disk is still critical, you should put it back immediately and not interact with that stuff and double down on directives. Also petting Ian is bad" "Oh, okay, my bad." Overall I think ghost roles like drones need an overhaul
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #320877

oh, true, i misunderstood that bit. Still, sassy response not required
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #320880

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this, and I don't understand why you feel the need to keep pointing out that this is a trialmin.

I would have bwoinked you in a really similar way, _especially_ if you continued to do shit after I asked you not to, and if you had a history of doing it.

The fact that you didn't immediately receive at least a temporary ghost role ban for moving the nuke disk after prior behavior is an example of how lenient Gouty was being with you. I can't honestly say I wouldn't have given you that ban. So, sure, maybe you're right that a trialmin 'has the time' to give you substantial leeway while talking to you about what would otherwise be a ban. Are you complaining about that?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #320883

Drones breaking directives are insta bans.

It's less him threatening you and more telling you to stop your shit.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #320889

Yeah, we go pretty hard on drones since the concept behind them shouldn't be hard to follow.

Instead of complaining about the admin, try listening to what he told you in the ahelps he sent you. I probably would've done the same thing he did.

Not going to action this.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Post by Gouty » #321004

jakeflex wrote: After his first message, already swearing at me
Wasn't at you, was just using "shit" to mean "things" ("that's interacting with shit you shouldn't be touching"), if your delicate sensibilities can't handle people casually swearing how do you even play the game?
jakeflex wrote:However he decided it was worth copy-pasting my directives that I already know in caps.
By your actions it really wasn't clear that you knew them, it's important for people to understand what they have done wrong so they don't do it again. By the way, I spawned a drone shell for myself so I could get the directives and copy pasted them out, so the bit in all caps was just how it is written when you enter a drone shell. I don't think there should be any argument that a nuke disk is a round critical object and the fact that you are still arguing it makes me think I should have just banned you.
jakeflex wrote:Especially when during that SAME round the other drone was speaking to crew and RIDING a cyborg.
You know how I knew about your actions? People ahelped it. I didn't hear anything about, or see a drone riding a cyborg later in that round, but if I did, I certainly would have investigated it.

As for the accusations of "continual berating" being "hostile", "accusatory" and "rude", I just don't see it, I wasn't feeling or trying to come across aggressive, I mean you could probably call me curt at most but please realise that you often aren't the only thing going on in the round. Are you sure you weren't just feeling like I was because maybe you do understand that you did something wrong and don't like it being pointed out to you?

Even though it is against admin policy. Even though you had clearly broken the rules. I didn't want to ban you for things that hadn't had much impact on the round (bar breaking a couple peoples immersions "why is that drone doing that") I thought banning you would put you off playing drone, and I like people that play drone, people that take a ghost role where you can pretty much only do constructive things should be commended, when they abide by their laws and directives.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #321175

Going to assume after leaving this open for an extra day that other headmins agree with me on not actioning this. Resolved.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: