[Saegrimir] Nat Pagle - Allowing Shitcurity

Clamchop

[Saegrimir] Nat Pagle - Allowing Shitcurity

Post by Clamchop » #24945

Byond account and character name: Clamchop
Admin: Saegrimir - trial admin
Time incident occured: Around 11:20
Detailed summary:

As a Chaplain, I chose my starting religion to be Cultism to follow a fake Nar'Sie. I was also technically an agent that round but I instead wanted to roleplay my new religion the best I could (I also had really hard objectives). Somebody else managed to emag the library computer so I printed out fake tombs and my bible around the station for the crew to "follow Nar'Sie". All the runes were drawn in crayon and I was handing out tomes and bibles like candy. Everyone knew the cult was a fake except one Security officer, Terra. She kept trying to find whatever excuse to brig me but I was always released because I was following my religion peacefully and it was obviously a fake cult. On the 3rd attempt at brigging me she said the HOS wanted to perma me and whoever else was following Nar'Sie. I was left in perma, along with other pretend cultists, with very little air due to a hull breach and I almost could have died if the cells were open to the breach. When I asked an admin why it was acceptable to perma me Saegrimir said it was because "I was acting like an antag". Cultism was my IC religion and they had no evidence to put me into a dangerous perma. I didn't spend any crystals and I never harmed anyone. When I tried to ask why this abuse of security was acceptable Saegrimir continued to ignore me. A warning wasn't even given. Later on, a security borg who saw the whole thing released me because he agreed with me on how bad security was being. I don't think it is fair for Saegrimir to ignore such an obvious abuse of power and then continue to ignore me without discussing my side of the story.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimir] Nat Pagle - Allowing Shitcurity

Post by Saegrimr » #24947

At roundstart you prayed repeatedly to trade in TC for cult powers, and went out of your way throughout the round to look as much like a cult as possible. After your initial release Terra had come upon some very real looking arcane tomes.

I'm not sure if you were expecting a tray of cookies and a pat on the back from Security who already has to deal with the rest of the station, but acting like an antag will generally get you treated like an antag. Even better considering you actually were an antag pretending to be a different kind.

If anything, props to the sec officers for not being meta enough to say "Well we've confirmed the round type isn't cult since this other guy here has an ebow, so he's free to go."

I'm sorry for ignoring you after the fact, but the rest of that round was an incredible mess that I was swamped with.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Clamchop

Post by Clamchop » #24948

Saegrimr wrote:At roundstart you prayed repeatedly to trade in TC for cult powers, and went out of your way throughout the round to look as much like a cult as possible. After your initial release Terra had come upon some very real looking arcane tomes.

I'm not sure if you were expecting a tray of cookies and a pat on the back from Security who already has to deal with the rest of the station, but acting like an antag will generally get you treated like an antag. Even better considering you actually were an antag pretending to be a different kind.

If anything, props to the sec officers for not being meta enough to say "Well we've confirmed the round type isn't cult since this other guy here has an ebow, so he's free to go."

I'm sorry for ignoring you after the fact, but the rest of that round was an incredible mess that I was swamped with.
But they had no evidence of any real cult powers. Would you perma a mime for holding a wizard staff? Would you perma an assistant for a toy sword or foam darts? Would you perma a clown for using the name "Cult Clown" and using crayon runes? All of those examples could be considered "acting like an antag" by your definition because they were as fake as my tomes. Do you at least agree they should have got a warning for the lack of evidence?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #24962

People get tazed all the time for wearing the replica space suits or running around with toy eswords out, the difference is those actually say REPLICA when you examine them. Theres nothing to tell apart the emagged tomes from actual tomes. Which by the way I even got ahelps from the sec members about how they're 100% positive they think you were a cultist. I believe they were in the right and I told them to handle the situation how they would handle it normally. They were about to execute you on the spot.

Again, you wanted to be a cultist so badly that when you actually get arrested for looking like a convincing enough cultist, suddenly its too far?
I'd perma an assistant for having an esword, easily, regardless of where he got it. Especially if it didn't say "toy sword" on it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #25000

Act like an antag, especially if you have an item that literally can only appear if you're evil in one flavor or another, and don't get shocked when people treat you like that. This game is about limited information, and catching a person red-handed with an antag item is excellent-quality proof by SS13 standards, most of the time unless they have a really good reason for having it.

In short, the standard you demand for 'proof' is high to the point of weeping hilarity. This isn't permabrigging the Clown for yelling about being a cultist, this is permabrigging a person with a C-20r submachinegun.

This complaint is without merit, from what I can tell.
RIP
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #26675

I was playing as Terra that round, and you were arrested for valid IC reasons every time, usually for claiming to belong to a murderous cult, which is the enemy of Nanotrassen. The third or fourth time, however, a sec Borg and I arrested you and one of your cronies for literally standing in a circle and beating the shit out of a guy. You were purposefully egging on the security force by claiming to be part of the cult of Nar'sie, and I had the support of my superiors at the time.

Why is there not a rule against antagonist baiting (ie pretending to be a bad guy and then complaining when you get lynched by the crew)?
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin