[BlessedHeretic]belligerence

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

[BlessedHeretic]belligerence

Post by lumipharon » #39531

Now first of all, this isn't an appeal for unbanning. I specifically asked to be perma banned, after getting perma team antag banned for this shit.

As a nuke op, the op leader was seemingly afk, so I jumed the table, stripped him ID off him, scanned it with my card, so the rest of the ops could keep working. I activate the console, everyone donated (we strip the 2 afk ops radios and donate for them), at some point here the leader op comes back from afk. I've already got the uplink with all the TC and am trying to co-ordinate the other ops. Then for no apparant reason we start dying as though we're in space (I'm pretty sure this is unrelated badminnings).

After getting dragged onto the shuttle while in crit and healed up a bit, I start issuing out kit as people tell me what they want. The leader op at this point has kept demanding his uplink back, and I just tell him to chill, that I'm doing it since he had been afk. He starts disarm spamming me and trying to pickpocket me. I just move away and keep trying to give out gear. He then pulls out a gun and says 'GIVE ME THE UPLINK YOU HAVE TWO SECONDS TO COMPLY'. I promptly shoot him into crit because he's being belligerent over who gets to issue gear for christ sake.

At this point I get teleported to admin prison and perma teamantag banned. When I talk to blessed, he tells me I should have waited for him to shoot me first, so he'd get the ban instead of me. Now sure, this might have worked (although I've yet to see ops getting banned for the many times I've seen them kill each other over equally retarded things), but I had no desire to have him banned, or even killed (if he would actually co-operate with the team), so I put him into crit when he literally threatens to gun me down over who gets to hold the uplink.

Now certainly I didn't do the best thing, but it's pretty bollocks to get straight up antag banned when I wasn't the one being antagonistic (heh) to another op. But yeah, fuck this, I'm out.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Re: [BlessedHeretic]belligerence

Post by Antonkr » #39537

Logs and/or time would be appriciated, but if this was the case then I do not see how a ban here at all was justified as well as the "waited for him to shoot me first, so he'd get the ban instead of me." thing.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #39540

yeah, this whole situation kind of obligated me to register.

for what it's worth
Spoiler:
probably not much
this whole situation was bonkers. at least in my opinion, the lead op (who was afk for ~5 minutes) escalated this whole situation. the power struggle wasn't even inevitable, but punishing lumi alone for it is honestly ridiculous, as is the punishment (far overpunished IMO) furthermore, unless you guys got a shit ton of stockpiled notes that i don't know about (maybe?) lumi was honestly a pretty cool player and this was just really silly.

imho, a slap on the wrist for both of them at most. the round was still pretty fun for most of the players as far as i could tell; you could hardly call it "ruining a round" for anyone but maybe the ops, and that's hardly lumi's fault alone, is it?

2 cents anyway. maybe it's gg wp on this matter but i figured i'd post anyway for what it's worth.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #39541

Why not just adminhelp about the 2 afk ops and have them replaced?
Somejerk
Byond Username: Somejerk

Post by Somejerk » #39545

I was one of the Operatives during that round, Devin I think was my name. After Lumi was gone the Commander just went "Fuck you all, I'm doing this myself" and went to the station. I was clearly mad over the fact that we lost our TCs over this and while I was calling for a week ban (probably over the top to be honest) I was not expecting a permaban.

You should've just gave back the uplink, would've saved us the embarrassment of that round. But this ban should be repealed.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #39546

This ban has been overturned pending response from headmins and/or BlessedHeretic.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #39547

QuartzCrystal wrote:Why not just adminhelp about the 2 afk ops and have them replaced?
Because hindsight is 20/20, and not relevant. What matters is if lumipharon's response was acceptable, not if it was the best possible response. If we banned over "I, looking back with infinite time to ponder and no pressure to find a solution, found a better way that means you suck", we'd have no players.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #39553

QuartzCrystal wrote:Why not just adminhelp about the 2 afk ops and have them replaced?
From what I recall of the round before I left, Lum did ahelp the leader being afk however he got back shortly after that.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #39566

Jordie0608 wrote:
From what I recall of the round before I left, Lum did ahelp the leader being afk however he got back shortly after that.
Alright.

Also my questioning should also imply that in the future, just adminhelp and let the admins handle it so that way you don't have to go through unnecessary table climbing, transferring TC's, etc.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #39622

Killing fellow team antags over things like this is bullshit. At the most you said he drew a bulldog on you, a stunning tool which he definitely couldn't have bought lethals for due to the whole taking his uplink. You in response, pulled out a revolver and started pumping rounds into him. It was a headache to admin through, but I can't see why you couldn't ahelp shit before anything had occurred.

We as admins can't read the minds of players, having a gun in your hand may look threatening but until someone does something with it you can't know if it was meant to be used.

I was watching the whole nuke ops thing unfold, I saw no real reason for either of you two to start shooting each other.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that this all could of been avoided by ahelping the issue BEFORE it happened. You even went so far to say that admins outright IGNORE these type of admin helps in our exchange, of which I told you to report said admins.

In the logs all the attack logs will see is one op shooting the other, after the other was upset that his assigned position was basically robbed. If he had actively tried to harm you with his weapon, you can be damn assured I would of applied punishment to him in the same manner.

AFK nuke op? Ahelp it for a replacement, admin is on your side. Nuke op threatening well being of team for no reason? Ahelp, admin is on your side. Start lethaling a guy that you subverted an issue for when they get upset and make gestures of disgruntled nature? Bwoink.
Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #39623

Getting mixed results on if or if not this was ahelped at the time or not. Was it?
This is still a shit ban imo. The leader was AFK for 5 minutes, came back and started fucking with their operation, disarming him. There was no reason not to shoot him down.
waited for him to shoot me first, so he'd get the ban instead of me.
This is also bullshit. If anything let this situation play out IC, and have the team be punished by not having a person. The leader was being antagonistic and not a team player after Lum took control, after the leader was AFK.
after the other was upset that his assigned position was basically robbed.

HE AFKED FOR 5 MINUTES. Litterally the team could not do anything in those five, and Lum took charge. He was the one that started disarming him. This would've been different on station if this perhaps was to happen with security, but this was done by ANTAGONISTS. If you started disarming/pushing a leader in a SYNDICATE organization (even if he just took his position) especially on a mission IC it makes complete sense for him to shoot the everliving fuck out of him, simply because there was no small increment to escalate to.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #39667

Antonkr wrote:have the team be punished by not having a person.
Why should they be punished for something someone else did?
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #39798

Aurx wrote:
Antonkr wrote:have the team be punished by not having a person.
Why should they be punished for something someone else did?
Perhaps punished is not the best word, but I still think that any sort of ban in this situation would be entirely out of place.
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #39910

Antonkr wrote:Getting mixed results on if or if not this was ahelped at the time or not. Was it?
Jordie0608 wrote:From what I recall of the round before I left, Lum did ahelp the leader being afk however he got back shortly after that.

Code: Select all

[08:07:00]ADMIN: HELP: Lumipharon/(Cyber*Inc Operative #3): our leader seems afk. - heard by 2 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[08:07:21]ADMIN: Jordie0608/(Sherlock Bones) jumped to Lumipharon/(Cyber*Inc Operative #3)
[08:07:42]SAY: Manuel Robust/ErikHanson : Yo
[08:07:43]SAY: Manuel Robust/ErikHanson : Im here
[08:07:48]SAY: Devin Robust/Somejerk : He's alive!
[08:07:52]ADMIN: PM: Jordie0608/(Sherlock Bones)->Lumipharon/(Faith Robust): He seems better now
Forum Admin
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #41372

This would be the best thing to do. We can easily have another player 'synced' into the AFK nuke ops.

It would have been best to revive the dead op and let things roll (as long as they don't go back to teamkilling). If lumipharon is still around, I'd suggest replying in this thread so I know to remove the bans.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #41403

I did ahelp the afk ops, but only got a response after I'd taken access, and they (or atleast one of them) came back. This was after like, 5 minutes of us waiting around.
Also the guy never even died, I only critted him, but yeah.
Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #41437

Jordie afaik already removed the bans.