zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

(citrusgender) zaracka - hypocrisy

Post by zaracka » #433264

Byond account and character name: zaracka
Admin: citrusgender
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: bagil
ROUND ID HERE: 92280
Detailed summary: Ruled that sending copypastas was against the rules and promised to start making admins enforce the rule (which was not enforced before), but didn't do it.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: (citrusgender) zaracka - hypocrisy

Post by BeeSting12 » #433267

Spoiler:
Yeah, OK, Zaracka, I guess you could consider that a complaint. What I'd consider a complaint would be something acutally fun and engaging for the shitposter. In reality, half of the forum sat out deleted, banned, on post approval while the lucky admins just manage to get all the fun. If this is going to be a pattern for your "complaints' (General Whininess) then I'd prefer you just stopped while you're ahead. Next time this happens, there will be an forum ban. You have been warned
Shouldn't the complaint be about the admin who didn't enforce it since CitrusGender told all the admins to enforce it?

edit- Citrus was online at the time but the complaint should still be against every admin on the server.
Last edited by BeeSting12 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #433271

Yeah I see the round.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... 0/game.txt

People started to spam OOC in the lobby with copypasta because I did an event last round. I guess I'm just used to that and it was before the round so there wasn't that much harm done.

The problem with this is that OP was noted for spamming inter station announcements in this thread: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 17#p431617
This is different than what occurred and what the ruling was against.

It's up to the other headmins I suppose if they believe that the "no spamming rule" applies to OOC lobby stuff but it's just been tradition at this point ever since the togopal stuff.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #433272

people were spamming ooc because of CG's event, CG can't admin that as they are involved, nor they can force other admins to handle it a certain way for the same reason.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #433277

I've seen all of the following for preround copypaste spams:

Admins announce the copypaste or make it the titlescreen
Admins join in
Nothing happens
OOC is disabled
OOC is disabled, then reenabled
OOC is disabled and people are told to stop it, then reenabled
OOC is disabled and people are told to stop it, then reenabled. Someone eats a ban for continuing to do it.
Spoiler:
YEAH, OK, Zaracka, I GUESS YOU COULD CONSIDER THIS A COMPLAINT. WHAT I'D CONSIDER AN EVENT WOULD BE SOMETHING ACUTALLY RELATED TO THE ABUSE OF ADMIN POWERS DURING THE ROUND THAT NEGATIVELY IMPACTED YOU. IN REALITY, HALF THE CLOSED COMPLAINTS SAT OUT, WORTHLESS, UNABLE TO BE ACTED ON WHILE THE ADMINS JUST MANAGE TO KEEP DOING WHAT THEY WERE UP TO. IF THIS IS GOING TO BE A PATTERN FOR YOUR "FORUMS' (ADMIN ABUSE) THEN I'D PREFER YOU JUST STOPPED WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD. NEXT TIME THIS HAPPENS, THERE WILL BE A HUTPOST. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

Post by zaracka » #433301

According to the rules, spamming any channel isn't allowed but as you can see, it's largely overlooked inter station announcements included. I don't know how to efficiently search public logs, but I can remember a specific incident where a certain copypasta was given to the AI as laws, sent repeatedly to other stations, deadchat, and OOC with no, little, or hesitant admin intervention. I hope you can agree with this using your own personal experience.

Response to MSO, in this specific instance, he encouraged it.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... 0/game.txt
[2018-08-10 02:57:37.028] OOC: CitrusGender/(CitrusGender) : give it to me (8,174,1)
[2018-08-10 02:57:40.621] OOC: CitrusGender/(CitrusGender) : GIVE ME YOUR PASTA (8,174,1)

And enabled OOC after another admin disabled it, at which point it continued.

[2018-08-10 02:58:57.801] ADMIN: CitrusGender/(CitrusGender) toggled OOC.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #433306

Spamming interstation announcements != OOC copypasta in the lobby.

I'm not going to ban 20 people because they say a dumb meme when there is literally nothing going on in the lobby, but if you do it in the middle of the round: then that's another story.

This isn't hypocrisy, we admin (and headmin) on a case by case basis and we determine the things that are allowed through those case by case rulings. It is not hypocritical to rule that interstation spam is bad but then do nothing during lobby copypasta.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #433311

Like Tribe told you in your appeal there is a big difference between sending retarded interstation messages and people spamming nonsense in OOC before the round starts. As Citrus said things are determined on a case by case basis, and in this case the spam wasn't disruptive in the slightest; simply a little obnoxious. This complaint is denied.