Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

[Oranges] YakumoChen - Killed me with admin meme on a normal round

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #454667

Byond account and character name: YakumoChen - Sungrazer
Admin: Oranges
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Bagil - 9PM 11/15
ROUND ID HERE: 97135
Detailed summary:
I was moved to lavaland after a roboticist saw someone stealing AI law upload boards from robotics, by a Law 2 request. You can't upload AI laws to an AI off the Z level, which is hardcoded and gives a message when you try it, presumably to prevent people from uploading laws in space or on lavaland.

A bit after, a colossus came to the mining station, being fought by a crab that was given wizard powers by oranges. Seeing it was an obvious meme I ahelped to make the crab go away because it was exposing me to deathbolts. Eventually the colossus was lured right next to me, and it proceeded to kill and dust me.

Oranges argued with me that I "shouldn't have gone to lavaland" and it was somehow my fault for following orders, and even went so far as to suggest it was a stupid order I shouldn't have followed and that moving my core to prevent law changes was "a bug" and "not intended". Nothing was done about the crab. I had no way of knowing this was a bug since it seems very intentionally coded into the game and I had no way to prevent my own death outside ahelps, which weren't followed.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Oranges] YakumoChen - Killed me with admin meme on a normal round

Post by oranges » #454668

I didn't kill you fucking idiot, the colossus killed you. just because a player crab fought the colossus when I gave it spells doesn't make me responsible for your death

When you go to lavaland you are responsible for ensuring your own safety, it's not my fault you went to a very dangerous area and got killed by the local wildlife.

If the crab had been a miner, or anyone else you wouldn't have a leg to stand on so this complaint is absurd, oh and to top it off they fought it along side one of the miners who died sadly rather quickly.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #454671

The rule has been and continues to be that admin events are not admin complaint material. This particular aspect of the pinned post on them would seem relevant in this case:
The majority of complaints have been almost entirely emotional, based on one shitty round. Normally people get pissed at RNG for killing them but if an admin touches a button suddenly there is a solid tangible person to be fucking furious at. A round is a couple hours long at most. If you can't handle not having spessmans exactly how you like it for two hours you need to chill out.
I see nothing in whats been described as being complainable. I'll be locking this but leave it unresolved for now so that the other headmins can ratify this when they're around.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #455103

This is a post better suited to admin feedback, not the complaints subforum.
Don't take this as us dismissing your concerns about events - if an admin consistently runs shitty events, it'll show up in their feedback and we'll have a talk with the admin.
Event complaints aren't allowed in the complaints subforum for good reason, no one has ever been deadminned over a poorly-run event, and the line between admin abuse and events is clear enough where "it was just an event!" won't ever be an excuse someone gets away with. That aside, this wasn't even a bad event. You took a risk by going to lavaland, of all places, and died to the natural fauna. Both a shaft miner and oranges' event mob were involved in this, it's pretty clear you would've died regardless.
It sucks that you died this way, but losing is part of the game. I'm upholding Arianya's ruling.