[NecromancerAnne] - Genevieve Bashline - got my body deleted without even getting talked to

OdysseusGuy
Byond Username: OdysseusGuy

[NecromancerAnne] - Genevieve Bashline - got my body deleted without even getting talked to

Post by OdysseusGuy » #505460

Where: /TG/ Sybil
When: 07/30/19
Byond: OdysseusGuy
Admin: NecromancerAnne
Round ID: 114664
I'll leave this fairly simple as it is not too involved. While playing as an assistant I decided to go to the HoP to ask to be transferred to captain. I fully expected to just be turned down but he also flashed me - took my ID - and changed it to a bunch of dumb ID names. So I wasted his time by demanding it be set back and after several minutes he finally did. I then went to the library and asked for a copy of WGW to spam his PDA with for memes. I honestly did not think that this violated rule 8 as I have seen WGW posted into radio chatter before. But then a minute after sending this guy WGW I suddenly just disappear. I didn't know what happened. After this I get a simple message from Necro -
"-- Administrator private message --

Admin PM from-NecromancerAnne: Don't spam erotica over messages you cunt.

Click on the administrator's name to reply."
This seems just insane. I could understand not messaging me first if it is clear and cut rule 8 breakage as there isn't much two sides about it. However in this case I felt like there should be some room to figure things out. One - it is WGW which seems obviously meme-y and generally taken non-seriously as erotica and two it was in response to the HoP acting mean and rude when dealing with me. However Necro didn't spend anytime to ask me what happened.
Instead he called me a cunt.
I've had many bad rounds on Sybil, and interacted with lots of frustrating moments.
But there isn't much I can do when an antag gets me or someone valid hunts me.
But an admin instantly deleting my body and calling me a cunt instead of even trying to hear my side is the worst thing that has happened.
Not because it made me the most upset or was the most frustrating.
But because this seems like something an admin shouldn't do - and if even the admins are going to act like jerks I'd rather play something else.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: [NecromancerAnne] - Genevieve Bashline - got my body deleted without even getting talked to

Post by NecromancerAnne » #505461

This round is ongoing, please do not post about ongoing rounds.
OdysseusGuy

Re: [NecromancerAnne] - Genevieve Bashline - got my body deleted without even getting talked to

Post by OdysseusGuy » #505463

Fair - however this does not include any information that would disrupt the round. It does not list any names or talk about anything that happened except for the exact things my character was doing.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #505465

Typically these threads just get locked until the round ends. That said:
Precedents & exceptions: Examples and exceptions to the main rules. - Rule 1 Precedents.

2. Spamming any channel is not allowed, this goes for radio spam, AI vox announcement spam, paper at camera spam and other forms of spam. Non-antagonists doing so may not defend themselves and may suffer from IC or OOC consequences. Antagonists can to a certain extent, moreso with reading things like WGW over the radio, but may be told by admins to stop if it becomes excessive. Spamming can result from in-game admin intervention ending in you dying, to admin warnings, to bans for excessive or repeated spamming.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
OdysseusGuy

Post by OdysseusGuy » #505466

Alright - this seems like it would clearly break rule 2 and thus my death by admin is an ooc consequence that seems fairly listed. However is not getting pinged before hand and called a cunt also part of the consequences? Is this how admins act? I genuinely haven't had enough interactions to be able to know.
From my perspective it just seems like an admin being a jerk, albeit while enforcing the rules.
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #505467

OdysseusGuy wrote:Alright - this seems like it would clearly break rule 2 and thus my death by admin is an ooc consequence that seems fairly listed. However is not getting pinged before hand and called a cunt also part of the consequences? Is this how admins act? I genuinely haven't had enough interactions to be able to know.
From my perspective it just seems like an admin being a jerk, albeit while enforcing the rules.
Historically WGW makes you valid to everyone including admins. We've done gimmicks including sending pinpointers/GPS to direct the crew to find the spammer or just BSAing them, but there should be no expectation for you to be rewarded with some unique or interesting experience for spamming comms with it. Having your mob straight-up deleted is totally on the table.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
OdysseusGuy

Post by OdysseusGuy » #505468

https://pastebin.com/kxy6fkFL
Link to relevant chatlog from my perspective.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #505469

Gigapuddi posted what I was going to post. There is nothing more to this.

Don't spam the HoP with WGW if you don't want to feel the repercussions both in-character and by us administratively. I don't need to be nice to people who feel entitled to sending people unsolicited erotica to other people in-game. If your feelings are hurt, don't do it again.
OdysseusGuy

Post by OdysseusGuy » #505472

I had no expectation of a unique experience or an interesting one. I also don't feel entitled to it. I fully admit it is wrong as it is against server rules, I'm saying that the way it was handled was poor. Why the need to call me a cunt?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #505532

They are australian
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #505572

as an australian i can confirm that cunt is used by pretty much everyone here very often in all sorts of different contexts including affectionate, it's just a cultural difference
Calibraptor
Byond Username: Calibraptor

Post by Calibraptor » #506388

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #506671

As for the deleting, lynching for reading smut, WGW, and spamming, especially on comms, is always okay. It also makes the reader nonhuman in silicon eyes.

As for being called "a cunt", it has been explained here before. I'm not a big fan of insulting people, but they could've called you a dumbass, and you probably wouldn't have cared as much. Cultural difference.

I can only promise NecromancerAnne will be told to choose words more carefully in the future, but she's not a kid, and we will not control her like a puppet. We are (supposedly) all adults, and unless it turns into harassment, we should be mature enough to endure being told off.

We are not upholding this complaint.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try