[Skorvold]Omnitricks - Selective rules.

omnitricks

[Skorvold]Omnitricks - Selective rules.

Post by omnitricks » #76835

Byond account and character name: omnitricks, Elric Anderson
Admin: Skorvold
Time incident occured: 7:10 GMT Sybil 21/3
Detailed summary: Legit reasons to believe station was getting bombed. Heads and shitcurity refuses to call shuttle. Try to get shuttle called but get arrested. Call for the rest of the station to riot so we can get the shuttle called.

Skorvold comes in and does this:
Admin PM from-Skorvold: Quit screaming for greytide.
PM to-Admins: I have legit reason of wanting the shuttle called when there are possible ops
Admin PM from-Skorvold: I don't care. Quit screaming for greytide.
PM to-Admins: Whatever you hapless nerd

Fine, I'll leave it at that and stop screaming for "greytide" then because you know, even when we are all supposed to die we can't do that. Went in front of the bridge to wait for the shuttle to be called when I saw CE trying to break into AI core and the mime shoots him to death before recalling the shuttle.

Instead shitsec officer comes along and arrests me when I was in front of the bridge. His reason?

Kellen Dweeb says, "Nciting a riot" despite me already stopping because of the blatant admin intervention. Riot is alright anyway although I obviously contested it because he no longer had any proper charges (I already served my riot time) then suddenly get pulled to perma. I ahelp it and then

PM to-Admins: Getting perma'd for false charges
Admin PM from-Skorvold: What are the charges?
PM to-Admins: He said riot at first, and then changed it to mutiny just because he could
Admin PM from-Skorvold: You were screaming for greytide.
PM to-Admins: Thats riot, not mutiny so he shouldn't be permaing me to begin with
Admin PM from-Skorvold: I'm leaving it at IC.

Oh wow leaving it at IC. I "could" accept it since the round was ending anyway but the thing which pisses me off is this. Earlier when I was doing things IC (aka panicking because of possible ops and wanting to go home) this twat comes to me under his own intiative to demand I stop and expressed he didn't care whatever the reason IC or not. And then after that he uses the "IC" reason to not punish the officer who is obviously fucking around. I don't care either way and I know it doesn't mean shit because I have no powers in the server but here is hoping someone with actual power actually does something with this.

Like I told him in closing because he is obviously practicing protectionist policies for sec officers
PM to-Admins: Well fucking done. Its shitty admins like you which are empowering shit officers and pissing everyone off
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Re: [Skorvold]Omnitricks - Selective rules.

Post by callanrockslol » #76859

I'd like to point out that Kellen Dweeb sucks as but was pretty much right in this case.

Also you were calling for a riot, that's a perma right there, whatever you want it charged as.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #76871

Its not what I want my charge to be but Kellen Dweeb from his first reaction to me questioning him for charges, he already stated riot which means it is the right sentence. He changed it to the perma sentence after I demanded he let me go if he had no proper charges just because he could. Also I already served the time for riot charges and at the time he arrested me I was watching the bridge and reporting the CE trying to subvert the AI/Mime murdering the CE and nothing mutiny or riot worthy.

But the point of this is Skorvold being inconsistent in his rulings. He chose to say he didn't give a damn if something was IC or not because it would be a detriment to sec but then chooses to rule something as IC when it isn't in order to protect shticurity.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #76903

While Skor has intervened in this sort of IC sentencing issue in the past to stop shitty Security stuff rather than letting it go... in this situation, it's also understandable why he'd instead just let it go.

We're always going to handle cases on a case-by-case basis as much as possible, taking into account stuff like the situation. Frankly, I can't blame somebody for wanting to riot here, and I really can't blame Security for wanting to drop the house on GREYTIDE RIOT Xdddd stuff. And whoever recalled the shuttle is dumb, but that's not really the point here.
[03:05:41]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : I wish I was empowered by the rng gods to be allowed to murderlize your useless asses
[03:06:56]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : I'll riot in your anus
You've got a way with words, omni, and in this situation it didn't help. If I was Sec in this situation I'd perma-and-forget such a person, too, especially in a crisis.

I really don't see this as a massive admin fuckup or anything. Skor made a call, probably talked with other admins at some point about it, and it's one that seems reasonable to me and others in adminbuse now that we're discussing it.
RIP
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #76975

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #77092

[02:56:52]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : <i>GREYTIDE SEC</i>
[02:57:04]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : <i>WE NEED TO TAKE OUR SURVIVAL INTO OUR OWN HANDS</i>
[02:57:14]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : <i>GREYTIDE!</i>
[02:57:24]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : <i>GREYTIDE IS JUSTICE</i>
[02:57:36]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : <i>Remove heads, remove officers</i>
[02:57:50]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : <i>We go home where we won't get bombed</i>
[02:58:00]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : <i>Greytide for justics</i>
[02:58:10]SAY: Elric Anderson/Omnitricks : <i>Remove officers, remove heads</i>

Thats inciting mutiny, you deserved perma.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #77402

Shouting "CARGONIA FOREVER" or "VIVA" is inciting a mutiny/riot too, for reference, to exactly the same degree as 'remove officers, remove heads'.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #79294

I've given my own input already, so unless another headmin/gay master(are any even active?) wants to say something, I'll close this as resolved in 24 hours from now.

It seems like everyone but you is in general agreement, omni.

Until then, anybody is free to pitch in with their input regarding this issue, policy or not, as long as it's not an epic shitpost.
RIP
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #79326

OP, when everyone you interact with is "shitsec," "twats," "assaulting you" (when they disarmed you off a stolen janicart), "shitcurity, "maybe you should consider that it is you, and not everyone else.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #79517

rdght91 wrote:OP, when everyone you interact with is "shitsec," "twats," "assaulting you" (when they disarmed you off a stolen janicart), "shitcurity, "maybe you should consider that it is you, and not everyone else.
Yes, the shuttle incident was (ruled by Vekter) assault.
Their response may or may not have been excessive it was excessive, but misrepresenting people with a lie on an unreleated topic to make a character attack on a player as a non-admin in the FNR forums is NOT within anon3's much abused amendment
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #79627

I ruled it as assault, but it was an ic issue.

I still think that Omni far overreacted and does tend to get overly angry at other players for things that don't really warrant that reaction.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you