SashaIsDead
Byond Username: SashaIsDead

[Trexter] SashaIsDead - unwanted event

Post by SashaIsDead » #689743

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): /TG/Terry
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: SashaIsDead;Julian Elliott
Admin: Trexter
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 208113
Detailed summary: After captain took the statue of a wizard to brig, they summoned 3 wizards, with there already being a roundstart wizard.
Threat, roundstart wizard, summoned wizards.
Threat, roundstart wizard, summoned wizards.
temp2.PNG (5.29 KiB) Viewed 3139 times
Nobody asked for this "event" as far as i know.
Last edited by SashaIsDead on Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: [Ian0] SashaIsDead - unwanted event

Post by Archie700 » #689745

Trexter was the one who created the wizards

Code: Select all

09:24:52	ADMIN	Trexter555/(Kraven Lockharte) executed the Wizard ruleset.		
09:24:55	ADMIN	Trexter555/(Kraven Lockharte) executed the Wizard ruleset.		
09:24:58	ADMIN	Trexter555/(Kraven Lockharte) executed the Wizard ruleset.
Iain only created the ERT.

09:46:12	ADMIN	Iain0/(Bob Stange) failed to create a CentCom response team.		
09:47:52	ADMIN	Iain0/(Bob Stange) created a CentCom response team.
Logs at https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/208113
SashaIsDead
Byond Username: SashaIsDead

Re: [Trexter] SashaIsDead - unwanted event

Post by SashaIsDead » #689747

I never thought of a way to find the admin summoning things in, thanks Archie
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #689751

Would you please specify what is your complaint?
Lulufren
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Lulufren

Post by Lulufren » #689753

Archie700 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:23 am

09:46:12	ADMIN	Iain0/(Bob Stange) failed to create a CentCom response team.		
09:47:52	ADMIN	Iain0/(Bob Stange) created a CentCom response team.
Logs at https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/208113
To give players context, "failed to create a CentCom response team" can also just mean "closed the ERT spawn menu".
SashaIsDead wrote:Nobody asked for this "event" as far as i know.
The admin conduct page on the wiki says
"Don't spam sounds and events. If you're queuing sounds one after the other, or if you're running an event every day, you're doing it too often."

Single events going "too far" are an expected risk, as the admin's intent is usually to add spice to the round or throw players some curveballs. And what players end up doing with those curveballs is inherently unpredictable, and making it fun for everyone is a difficult, if not impossible, balance to maintain.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #689761

Lulufren wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:11 am To give players context, "failed to create a CentCom response team" can also just mean "closed the ERT spawn menu".
Yeah, this. I discussed sending a yellow ERT with the admin channel and Kubi I think recommended a marine team, so I cancelled out of the dialog and spawned myself in with the marine loadout to have a quick eye over the power level, before forming the marine team and dispatching it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #689777

If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #689785

hello, sorry you didnt enjoy the event. the first wizard was new (he only took one spell and dropped his spellbook when he teleported to the station), he was friendly until someone started attacking him, then the crew lynched him and held a mock funeral, at which point i sent three wizards as revenge for killing their "intern" wizard. if you have any feedback for events, please post in my admin feedback thread, as complaints against admin events are no longer valid, thanks!
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #689840

As someone who played this round, and was really frustrated with how it went, I'll add a few details to this, as my complaining probably put some pressure on to the admins to do something, and I feel Trexter's explanation doesn't do it justice.

Like Trexter said, a person rolled roundstart wizard. He was very new, took one spell and a necromatic spell, and dropped his spellbook AND his teleportation scrolls with uses still left, along with the stone. I was frantically writing in deadchat to get admin attention to help this guy out while also ahelping to give him tips because on Terry, quite frankly the players can be play to win assholes. The admins weren't aware he ditched his spellbook and scroll and stone until I brought it to their attention. I even asked them to mentor him so that he knew how to proceed, and they replied back in PMs that he was likely (reasonably) stressed. In this shift, we had Nowell Petrov, Gor-Rok, and a few other long-term players bullying him ingame, even though Nowell Petrov had quickly realized he was new, as he had pointed out that the guy had unspent points (he was discussing ingame about how if he cremates the wiz he might be able to unlock the points for himself).

What I was HOPING would come from it is that the admins gave him pity freedom, help, and maybe an extra super buff on top of that to really say fuck you to the long-term players that knew this was bad sportsmanship. What actually happened was three wizards were sent in retaliation, which I feel just encouraged their valid hunting behaviour, but that good faith was intended by Trexter. That being said, I think one of the new wizards was also the OG one, as the name was the same, so I think it was still a pretty satisfactory ending.

Even without the rule about event complaints, the complaint would be invalid. Trexter was helping out a new player that was bullied by veteran TG players, and you should sooner complain about them.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #690438

The "can't complain about events" ruling is a shield to be used by admins where their actions were in good faith. Where there are elements of bad faith in running the event, or conduct breaches linked with it, complaints may still be upheld regardless.

Accordingly, we will not be upholding this complaint. There was nothing resembling a conduct issue here. Trexter's actions were in good faith in their capacity as a DM. As others have mentioned, this isn't rejecting your views entirely. The best place to handle this is via inviting you to post in Trexter's feedback thread if you're still dissatisfied with the explanations given.

Kieth4:
They helped an intern
it's gucci
I do like interns
they keep the game alive

Timberpoes:
No indication of any admin abuse or conduct breaches. As others have mentioned, more suited for the feedback pages rather than the complaints system.
I.e. It wasn't a Stickymayhem """""""""""""event"""""""""""""
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin