[WineAllWine] Super Aggro Crag- KYS

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

[WineAllWine] Super Aggro Crag- KYS

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #690023

i dont feel like posts telling someone that "we'd be in the good timeline if you killed yourself" are appropriate for server staff to make. I did not want to make an official complaint about this cuz I asked for an apology and he gave me a half-hearted one, but now he's saying I'm just twisting his words and "playing the victim." Don't feel like this kind of behavior is appropriate for someone who is supposed to be training our junior admins.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: [WineAllWine] Super Aggro Crag- KYS

Post by WineAllWine » #690032

I have never said that you're twisting my words or playing the victim.

As for the rest of the complaint, I feel like at worst it is a joke in bad taste. I have apologised for it, but I want to emphasise it ISN'T a "kill yourself" joke.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #690075

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:28 am I have never said that you're twisting my words or playing the victim.

As for the rest of the complaint, I feel like at worst it is a joke in bad taste. I have apologised for it, but I want to emphasise it ISN'T a "kill yourself" joke.
You directly quoted sinfulbliss in which he stated such and said you agreed with the statement, hence my belief that you endorse his statement. I understand that you may feel as though your attempt at comedy is being misconstrued but i truly feel that, as an administrator trainer, you need to be aware that such "jokes" can bw harmful. I do not want you deadminned over this, which is why I was willing to drop the matter when you originally apologized, but was advised by multiple people to make a complaint originally and again after i expressed discontent with your seeming rescinding of the apology. I just want to know if this kind "subjective humor" is endorsed by the headmin team and whether i should expect to see more like this in the future from server staff.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #690093

Even our players with the shittist personality traits; players that say downright vile and unwarranted garbage; players that are unpleasant to deal with when they're having an episode - they still deserve a fair and unbiased hearing. That's how our system works.

Crag's reputation is irrelevant in whether a conduct breach occurred. Players don't get to break the rules to lash out at shitters they hate. Admins don't get to break conduct to lash out either. Whether it was deserved/warranted due to reputation or whether there's an element of crying wolf could factor at some other point in the process, but it's not relevant to the core issue of whether there was a conduct breach.

Crag's motives are only called in to question if the complaint was made in bad faith. And that isn't a call that anyone except the headmins can make. Such discussion is best done in the peanut thread to keep the complaint thread clear and on-topic.

Arm's on an extended leave of absence and I don't expect him to moderate the forums, so I'll have to take that over for a bit.

Moderation-wise; the exception that allows "involved parties" to post in appeals/complaints can't really be followed in spirit for forum conduct complaints. Everyone that participated in the thread would be eligible to give their 0.02c of peanut, generally making lives harder for little gain because we can all see the posts and context without needing it spelled out for us.

I'm not going to dole out warnings before this point, but I think the only parties that really need to be posting here are the headmins, Crag and Wine.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #690094

I have sent wineallwine a private message with some context i hope elucidates why this matter is important to me and shows that i am not making this complaint in bad faith. It contains some information i would like to keep discrete but if the headmins would like to see the context before they make their decision i have saved it as a draft.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #690095

Crag has sent me a PM and I do believe this is a complaint made in good faith- as Crag said in his PM we've barely interacted. I've already apologised but for what it's worth I'm happy to do so again. I'm sorry. I think Crag believes that I was attempting to make a joke and tripped up while doing so. I'm certainly going to be more careful making the kind of jokes that may be construed as "KYS" (for the record I think this joke was a long way off, but I can see if I squint how it could be construed as such)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #690103

Thank you wine, i am very glad my message could apply some context to this matter. I am satisfied that we have developed an understanding about this and am willing to consider the matter completely closed and resolved now.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #690104

Highly based.

My thanks to the parties involved for figuring this out.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin