Unfairly Banned

Zarkhes

Unfairly Banned

Post by Zarkhes » #83155

So your complaint is that we give too much of our time attempting to help people understand why what they did was wrong instead of banning them immediately without regard for their reasoning whatsoever?

Alright I promise you'll be banned immediately next time.

Stickymayhem » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:57 pm

I see that admins have taken this closer than i would ever thought.

I played this game for maybe 3 weeks.Every day, maybe 2-4 games.All in order, never had any serious warning from admins.And now because of this : https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3430 i am permabanned.No warning, no 18 hours to 1 day ban.Just like it is.Any of my argument wasnt noticed.They refused to have any real conversation, and treat me like a notorious rule-breaker.My topic was locked (only mine), and i expect this one to be locked too.If this supposed to be their job, just blindly banning people for no serious reason...I just wonder how many people same as me dont even bother creating account/topic...

Why i, that spend his time trying to explain his innocence get banned in same way like hacker, griefer, or 12 year old dick...
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Unfairly Banned

Post by Ikarrus » #83158

>Blindly banned
>For Metagaming
>Not against the rules
>Not serious

There's no way around this. You've explicitly broken a rule we take very seriously. It's been explained to you but you refuse to accept it.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't seem to be the server for you. I wish you well in your other endeavours.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #83160

Meta-communication is a very serious rule on /tg/. Your friend acted differently towards your in-game character because he is your friend in real life, and you two were talking on Teamspeak.

You may not comprehend it, but its very serious.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #83162

Dude you literally admitted in your other thread that you were talking to your friend on TeamSpeak, and that he promoted you etc. He didn't even say more than two lines of text IC to you.

People don't know what's being said on TeamSpeak between the two of you, meaning its OOC communication. Your friend promoting you is an IC action. Your friend telling you he's going to explode the station is an IC action. IC actions happen in game, using text chat/pda messages.

You could be getting dunked in maintenance somewhere by an antag, and tell your friend over TS where you are. That's an advantage that nobody else on the server has.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #83165

While I'm sure we would all love to have this thread drag on with everybody chiming in about how wrong you are, I think we can skip all of that.

Heres how this works:

If you speak about the current round, outside of ic ways of communicating, You get banned.

Your friend gave you different treatment than other crew members because of the fact that he knew you. You were able to more easily communicate with him than other crew members because you didn't have to stop and type it. And you both were actively engaging in a third party way to bypass game mechanics that let antags control the flow of information by disabling communications or muting people.

This is a serious offence, this is basically the only way you can really cheat in ss13.

Thats what happens. Ya, you fucked up by admitting it, and I bet you feel really pissed off that you could get permaed for fucking up.

But thats a bad way of looking at this. You aren't getting perma'ed for fucking up by telling us you broke one of the more stricter rules. You are getting permaed for breaking one of the more stricter rules.

If you want to come back a month later or so, and appeal, you are free to, so is your friend. But this complaint has no bases in anything other than you being mad you got caught.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: