Why are the admins completely cancerous since I came back?

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Why are the admins completely cancerous since I came back?

Post by Oldman Robustin » #83217

Of all the phases I've seen this server go through, I don't think any have been as bad as what I'm seeing this week.

Roughly half of every game I'm in turns to a complete shitshow after admins decide they still didn't get enough attention as a child and need to press buttons until people notice them.

From Centcom recalling shuttles to spawning antags until everyone dies, to "lol I accidentally let an antag get a centcom mech, lets watch him murder the entire shuttle!", to the most recent "LOL LETS MAKE A SHADOWLING + CHANGELING THAT LITERALLY CAN'T BE STOPPED THAT WILL BE A GREAT ROUND"

Before I left people were jumping down Hornygranny's throat for commonly placing an alien in xenobio's containment area since the alien sometimes got loose and would ruin rounds. Now admin's are fucking up the outcome of most rounds and everyone seems to feel like it's the status quo. Now that feels like an ordinary round compared to the antag spamming and "Centcom" events that occur every round.

I'd post this on Admin complaints but I can't follow their format since I would have to somehow fit most of the admin names into my subject line alone.

This is what killed Goon, both for me and objectively, when nobody wanted to invest an hour into a game just to end up some admin's fukboi and "Deal with it" became the standard response to admin abuse complaints.

This was the trialmin's response to me after I asked why we had to deal with an unstoppable shadowling+changeling player:

When an trialmin is sarcastically telling you to report his own abuse, there might be something wrong with the system.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oldman Robustin

Re: Why are the admins completely cancerous since I came bac

Post by Oldman Robustin » #83219

Also given that there are 2 admin complaints in the last month, and one was mine being transferred from another forum, its clear that admins ruining rounds is not something that is being properly addressed by the system. Either due to nobody being aware of the admin complain forum or people realizing it's about as useful to shout in OOC as it is to go into that abyss of a forum.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #83229

Oldman Robustin wrote:Also given that there are 2 admin complaints in the last month, and one was mine being transferred from another forum, its clear that admins ruining rounds is not something that is being properly addressed by the system.
I was the subject of the second complaint, which has nothing to do with what you complained about or are talking about in this thread (and it was resolved promptly by one of our headmins).

Anyways, you never actually answered my question that I posted in your complaint before it was locked. This is just another admin complaint that you've seen fit to post in the wrong forum.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #83230

Just speculating, but what if there's a lack of complaints due to people actually enjoying the events? Of course not all will be popular for everyone, and maybe there's a large majority in favor of what you've just said I'm unaware of, I'm just playing Devil's advocate.

I've taken a break and come back too, and it doesn't seem nearly as bad as you're painting for Sybil.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #83232

This isn't actually a general statement about admins, it's an admin complaint in the wrong forum without proper formatting.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #83233

It was a pretty shitty event. Just a single player with Shadowling + Ling powers. I was observing it quite early, they wouldve died many times if not for the ling regen. Terrible event, trailmin seemed to realise it halfway through and started sending centcomm messages warning crew about the danger, then had a dismissive attitude towards the whole thing at round end.

and yeah this really is in the wrong forum section.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #83238

I do see an awful lot of button pressin these days, for no particular reason.

Yesterday during a quiet extended round on basil, where I was doing a building project, badmins spawned a super OP mech weapon and loudly announced it, before turning me into an antag - the only guy that was able to make a mech. Hm.
Of course I didn't want to be a low pop murderboning chucklefuck just because I could so I locked it up.
Then a 2nd one was spawned, which I also locked up.
The a 3rd got spawned, along with a mech, which someone picked up and used, and it proceeded to destroy everything along a main corridor in a single blast.

I mean when (alive) people are complaining about the round/some non antag chucklefuck is recalling etc, by all means, press buttons. But just because nothing SUPER EXCITING is happening, and people aren't complaining, just leave it alone - why do we have extended if it's just an excuse to mash buttons?

Some admins do enjoyable and creative events, which are always welcome.
Others just cause round ending shit because they're bored.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #83243

Quartz, Nobody likes jumping through hoops to file a general complaint, He's not evading the format or the proper format to annoy you, He's doing it cause his complaint is general, His specific citation in the screenshot is just to highlight the problem and give you guys a feel for what's bothering him.

Also, I agree, events are all well and good, but c'mon guys it's getting a little out of hand, wrap it up. and don't be douchey when people naturally complain, even the rare and actually valid events get a few random butthurts even if the majority are enjoying it, So to those butthurts, you don't have to be antagonistic about defending your actions, a simple "Sorry you got burned, event" would suffice against all but the most lotion y butthurts
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #83245

QuartzCrystal wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:Also given that there are 2 admin complaints in the last month, and one was mine being transferred from another forum, its clear that admins ruining rounds is not something that is being properly addressed by the system.
I was the subject of the second complaint, which has nothing to do with what you complained about or are talking about in this thread (and it was resolved promptly by one of our headmins).

Anyways, you never actually answered my question that I posted in your complaint before it was locked. This is just another admin complaint that you've seen fit to post in the wrong forum.
Didn't get a message that it had been moved, just thought it was deleted. Didn't notice it in admin complaints until today.

When did I complain about you anyway? I mentioned Miauw and Fayrik in my complaint post.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #83248

Lovecraft wrote:Just speculating, but what if there's a lack of complaints due to people actually enjoying the events? Of course not all will be popular for everyone, and maybe there's a large majority in favor of what you've just said I'm unaware of, I'm just playing Devil's advocate.

I've taken a break and come back too, and it doesn't seem nearly as bad as you're painting for Sybil.
I would estimate I've played around 12 rounds since I got back and admins saw fit to have a game-defining influence on at least 6 of them.

Some people might enjoy these events, Miku Frost admitted she enjoyed the round where she was a changeling+shadowling and got to go around rekking the crew with stacked regeneration and being virtually unkillable. But I have no doubt based on OOC reactions to some of these rounds that the vast majority did not enjoy or appreciate the admin intervention. Most probably aren't even aware of the admin complaint forum, the rest either doubt its legitimacy as an effective complaint tool or just can't be arsed to type up a bureaucratic form just to have an admin get chastised and then nothing happens except you find yourself with one more enemy on the adminbus.

Another common scenario is that people simply don't realize it was admin intervention. Plenty of players don't realize that Central Command = Admin actions, and many more simply are left to guess if the events leading to their demise were some random event or a button-pressing. I had to ask them multiple times in that particular round if shadowling + changeling was shitty coding or admin behavior. It's not always obvious.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #83250

>Trial admins running events
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #83253

It is pretty frustrating that admins will mock/ban you for "valid hunting" or getting bored with a round and calling the shuttle, or ban you/warn you for disrupting a round, but will themselves kill large numbers of players either directly or indirectly with "events" or spawning deathsquads or nukesquads or whatever. A player would get banned for killing a single person or breaking a single room, let alone the whole station. This problem has existed forever and will continue to exist though, no point in getting super stressed about it. I just log off if something stupid starts and play again later.

I also agree that the forums are overly moderated and lots of threads are shoved into sub forums nobody reads while posts that are not perfectly formatted are locked or deleted. Though the shouting matches in the old days were not great either, so who knows.

Also I think it's less admins are spamming events and more that we have dozens of admins, each of whom will want to run an event or two, and it piles up.
Ikarrus wrote:>Trial admins running events
I would always cringe whenever a new trial admin was added and they were asking me how to spawn things before they even knew how the ban panel worked.
Lovecraft wrote:Just speculating, but what if there's a lack of complaints due to people actually enjoying the events?
It's hard to tell. Everyone knows it's useless to complain other than causing drama, so even those who dislike what is going on probably won't say much.
Last edited by onleavedontatme on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #83254

We have had a significant number of new antag types added in a very short amount of time. There was also a point in time where trials lost button pushing abilities not too long ago for that sort of reason.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #83257

I tried to do an event, it didn't turn quite as planned with snowballing near the end, it was originally meant to be more RP oriented but that's too much to ask. I don't completely understand why this would count as cancerous to you, but if you really think it's that bad you have my apologies.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #83259

Saegrimr wrote:There was also a point in time where trials lost button pushing abilities not too long ago for that sort of reason.
Better to find out they love spamming buttons during the trial than after honestly.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #83267

From what other admins have mentioned to me its not uncommon for new admins/trialmins to be a little button happy, which to be fair is not something I would hold against that person so long as they at least eventually understand that spamming in things into the round on a continual basis is not a good thing.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #83270

Shadow-ling is a normal gamemode, if the trial admin however made him into a revenant or spawned it in during a non-extended game mode that's pretty awful. In general there should only be two cases where an admin is touching the round is extended or after a two hour period on sybil. Basil should never really be touched without the consent of the players currently on.

Oh and events aren't "I spawn this super powerful antag for rp!!" they should be well thought out and somewhat interesting trying to avoid super lethal shit that knocks people out of the round. Nice things to do are actually take people in deadchat away to do something interesting not on the station and not affecting the still living players.

and
>trialmins pushing buttons
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #83276

Couldn't get through more than 2 rounds without the badministry of magic intervening. It's a wonder anyone plays security when every event seems designed to exclusively fuck them over. Enjoy your nukeop/malf/revolution good thing its late and security is a skeleton crew, otherwise you might have actually had a chance at not getting utterly buttfucked. Could our admins at least try providing events that aren't designed to completely fuck over security while giving them 0 warning/equipment/support. I'm pretty sure 80% of the events I'm complaining about here are "Admin pressed a button that 100% guaranteed security would get buttfucked and the station would go to hell".

This nukeop/malf/ling/revolution/etc. was courtesy of HBL. Spend 10 minutes pressing buttons to hand out all the antags, but by all means don't even warn security in a way that would let them prepare.

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #83277

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=23

Please post all admin complaints in the forum linked above. This includes general complaints as well as issues with individual admins. Thank you.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you