[Multiple] Lack of AHelp response

Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

[Multiple] Lack of AHelp response

Post by Jeb » #83479

Byond account and character name: Stapler2025 // Jebediah Kerman
Admin: Tedward, WJohnston, ThatSlyFox
Time incident occured: ~530pm Mountain
Detailed summary: Was killed by a non antag bartender for wrenching his table and screwdrivering his booze machine. I sent in the initial adminhelp while in critical condition, which went unanswered.

Bitched in deadchat and again, wasn't answered.

Sent in a second adminhelp and it again..went unanswered.

I spent a 30+ minute round sitting dead outside genetics because nobody was working cloning, and never once got a single response to my adminhelps. I would assume that the three of them were too busy playing Lusty Xenomorph Maid to give two shits.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Re: [Multiple] Lack of AHelp response

Post by Tsaricide » #83481

WJ isn't an admin so no reason to include him here.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #83482

Ah, apologies. I just hit adminwho and listed everyone. Not sure if he had any say in the xenomorph maid crap though.
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #83486

I was a little busy with some irl things, sorry about this. Ill make sure to catch the next few you throw at me.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #83488

I do apologize, I should have answered you but this would have been the response: you deserved what happened to you. You tried steal the bartender's booze-of-mat(the machine that allows him to do his job) and got robusted for it. Medical being unable to function was the result of a traitor going HAM on all of them.

Also that lusty maid had nothing to do with me or ted.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #83491

ThatSlyFox wrote:I do apologize, I should have answered you but this would have been the response: you deserved what happened to you. You tried steal the bartender's booze-of-mat(the machine that allows him to do his job) and got robusted for it. Medical being unable to function was the result of a traitor going HAM on all of them.

Sorry, but that's unnecessary escalation, I wrenched one table, and screwdrivered one machine. He wordlessly shot me/beat me with his shotgun until I died.

He had no idea what my intentions were, he said not a word to me. Nor did you.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #83492

Breaking into a persons workspace and expecting no response is a little silly. What were your intentions exactly? Out of curiosity.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #83498

Alex Crimson wrote:Breaking into a persons workspace and expecting no response is a little silly. What were your intentions exactly? Out of curiosity.
Never said I wasn't expecting a response. However, the wrong response is "he wrenched my table, I should kill him".
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #83501

If that was the first time you messed with the bartender I don't see how murder would be acceptable, especially if you didn't actually steal the machine. The guy is new it seems with less than 30 connections so he should be spoken to about this.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #83502

Tsaricide wrote:If that was the first time you messed with the bartender I don't see how murder would be acceptable, especially if you didn't actually steal the machine. The guy is new it seems with less than 30 connections so he should be spoken to about this.
Literally the first time. I'd went in beforehand asking for a drinking glass, he couldn't figure out how to give me one. I was going to get my own, but got shot down before I could even get it.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83532

Alex Crimson wrote:Breaking into a persons workspace and expecting no response is a little silly. What were your intentions exactly? Out of curiosity.
The rules on workplace invasions say that you're free to do anything to the breaker-inner except just murder them.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #83544

Does this thread have anything to do with the thread in the policy discussion forum about a guy complaining that he had to use his shotgun as a bartender when sec didn't respond?
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #83547

imblyings wrote:Does this thread have anything to do with the thread in the policy discussion forum about a guy complaining that he had to use his shotgun as a bartender when sec didn't respond?
Nope, nothing more than an odd similarity.

Buuut, let's get back on track, this isn't a ban request thread, this is a thread about admins not answering ahelps.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #83548

and the thread has already been resolved in that regard. Both admins have chimed in. Tedward1337 was AFK and ThatSlyFox felt that it was an IC issue.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #83554

ThatSlyFox is also a trailadmin. This is their time to make mistakes and adjust as they learn. Admittedly, there should have been another admin on to cover said trailmin. Occasionally things do slip through the net, particularly late night mid week (depend on time zones) and this is why we have the ban request subforum.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #83616

Yeah this really should have just been made as a ban request. Sometimes admins go AFK and never see or hear your bwoink. Hell, you could tried to ping someone on IRC if it was such a big deal and asked them to log on and handle your issue.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #83619

Sometimes admins are preoccupied with something else, but if you think they're willfully ignoring adminhelps while they talk shit in deadchat/OOC/running events than that's something worth bringing up.

Try adminhelping at least a couple times just in case they are busy and missed it, though.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #83621

ThatSlyFox wrote:I do apologize, I should have answered you but this would have been the response: you deserved what happened to you. You tried steal the bartender's booze-of-mat(the machine that allows him to do his job) and got robusted for it. Medical being unable to function was the result of a traitor going HAM on all of them.

Posting under the anon3 amendment etc etc

How is this proper escalation though? He wrenched one table and it sounds like he hadn't even touched the booze-o-mat before he got shot up. Hell, I've been banned for critting a chaplain after they attacked me multiple times during a crisis because I was salvaging their chapel windows for glass even when I dragged them to medbay. I know other people have gotten banned for less.
Not everything needs to be set in stone but the rules handling escalation really need to be agreed upon by the admins. There are admins who think any escalation is bannable and then there are admins who think escalation should be allowed if they fuck with you. It just doesn't work.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #83640

Ikarrus wrote:but if you think they're willfully ignoring adminhelps while they talk shit in deadchat/OOC/running events than that's something worth bringing up.

Try adminhelping at least a couple times just in case they are busy and missed it, though.
That's how it seemed, honestly. There was a prayer request, then a centcom announcement about something for the captain (which turned out to literally be a lusty xenomorph maid) right around the time I was being mauled. Someone was obviously around for the spawning of the mob and the announcement.

I waited a bit and sent in another adminhelp which also went unanswered. Towards the end, I had assumed "something" had happened, because the bartender no longer had a body but were zipping around as a ghost (and not saying anything in deadchat) so I figured they'd been gibbed or something...I was just looking for an answer because I was literally removed from the round for wrenching a table and screwdrivering a vending machine.

It's more of the "negative" view of the adminship when things go unanswered, too many times I've seen people in deadchat that were (seemingly) legitimately griffed respond with "why bother the admins aren't going to do anything anyway" when everyone in the chat is telling them to adminhelp it.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #83646

AdenAbrafo wrote:Posting under the anon3 amendment etc etc

How is this proper escalation though? He wrenched one table and it sounds like he hadn't even touched the booze-o-mat before he got shot up. Hell, I've been banned for critting a chaplain after they attacked me multiple times during a crisis because I was salvaging their chapel windows for glass even when I dragged them to medbay. I know other people have gotten banned for less.
Not everything needs to be set in stone but the rules handling escalation really need to be agreed upon by the admins. There are admins who think any escalation is bannable and then there are admins who think escalation should be allowed if they fuck with you. It just doesn't work.
Escalation is inconsistan as fuck.

I once got poisoned by the crappy chef's food. After complaining at him, I climbed on the table and he crushed me with shutters half to death, then when I went into the kitchen, he stabbed me to death and disposaled the corpse.
This was apparantly valid as I was 'invading their work space' - as an unarmed chemist, after getting poisoned.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83678

Workplace defense policy specifically precludes murder, and especially hiding the body.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #83791

OK so we're not here to discuss what happened in the round between the bartender etc. This is an admin complaint, any issue over what actually took place should be made in a ban request, any issue over the policy of what someone can do to people invading their workspace is a policy discussion. Lets not make this into a cluster fuck of arguments about different issues.

It be good if a head could comment and wrap this up, most things have been said, I feel.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Ekrotus

Post by Ekrotus » #84120

Okay, I have to agree with Jeb on this. If he was simply messing with the Booze-o-Mat, a sudden slaughter is uncalled for and entirely unwarranted.

There was a mime breaking into engineering today that I knocked out and I got a slap on the wrist for, so the fact that this event seems inconsistent and the person who was attacked is the one getting the fingerwag is absurd. I can understand different things are handled differently by other admins, but the only discorrelation between my issue and Jeb's are that 1) Breaking and Entering is more severe, Mime wasn't KILLED over it, simply knocked out and taken to medbay. 2) Jeb was flat-out murdered for messing with a booze-o-mat. It's not like he tried to stab the bartender with the kitchen knife.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #84154

Ekrotus wrote:Okay, I have to agree with Jeb on this. If he was simply messing with the Booze-o-Mat, a sudden slaughter is uncalled for and entirely unwarranted.

There was a mime breaking into engineering today that I knocked out and I got a slap on the wrist for, so the fact that this event seems inconsistent and the person who was attacked is the one getting the fingerwag is absurd. I can understand different things are handled differently by other admins, but the only discorrelation between my issue and Jeb's are that 1) Breaking and Entering is more severe, Mime wasn't KILLED over it, simply knocked out and taken to medbay. 2) Jeb was flat-out murdered for messing with a booze-o-mat. It's not like he tried to stab the bartender with the kitchen knife.
1. Tech storage is not the same as engineering
2. You didn't just knock out the mime, you put them into critical condition

Don't misrepresent the events that occurred, you are only damaging your own credibility.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ekrotus

Post by Ekrotus » #84165

Tech storage is a section of Engineering and does not need to be broken into by a MIME of all people, end of story. It was potential that he was a traitor. Not only that, he ended up spitefully killing me afterwards and you simply said "Tough luck, serves you right, asshole." But this isn't a thread to be argueing on, so you shouldn't have sparked it.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #84169

Ekrotus wrote:Tech storage is a section of Engineering and does not need to be broken into by a MIME of all people, end of story. It was potential that he was a traitor. Not only that, he ended up spitefully killing me afterwards and you simply said "Tough luck, serves you right, asshole." But this isn't a thread to be argueing on, so you shouldn't have sparked it.
Says the Roboticist that was constantly breaking into the RD office every round to steal the Robotics Control Console.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #84212

Ima just go ahead and lock this since nobody can stay on topic.

Badmins, pls just answer adminhelps in the future k?