[Vekter] Being awful, aka Why nobody wants to play security

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

[Vekter] Being awful, aka Why nobody wants to play security

Post by Oldman Robustin » #84173

My BYOND: ForcefulCJS
Admin: Vekter
Time: ~1:20pm EST

I was HoS for one of the first times since I'd returned. I was finally prepared to fully shoulder the shitstorm that is SS13.

Level 5 Biohazard shows up and the HoP immediately hands out all-access without warning or asking me. The armory is looted before I even get back to the brig.

We beat the blob, but I was now one of the lowest-access least-armed personnel on the station (no please, take my gun while it's recharging). The captain starts spamming his announcement console about drugging female crew members in the bar for a celebration or some shit. I was ready to go, nothing ever good comes from the entire station having all-access and more guns than security.

I ask the AI to call the shuttle, once, politely.

BWOINK

[Vekter] Why must you insist on calling the shuttle?

I gave my reasons. Security had almost no weapons or access compared to the crew and the captain was turning the bridge into his personal stronghold where he would continue to make stupid announcements about raping crewmembers or something. Either way I knew nothing good was going to happen by staying on the station and that continuing to try and police the massively armed crew was going to be nothing but a huge headache. Was the call clearly required? No. Was it within my discretion? Absolutely.

Yet Vekter criticizes me for wanting a shuttle call and tells me to stop and let the round play out. Naturally with all the access and guns, people are reporting all sorts of trespassing and fighting. Someone else calls the shuttle and this time "Central Command" immediately recalls and tells the crew to stop calling without an emergency.

At this point I'm just ready to throw myself out an airlock. The previous round (and the following round) had revs with 1-2 security members and now that security wants to fucking leave the station, admins recall the shuttle and tell them to sit down and get fucked because admins haven't had a good round until someone sets security to [NEVER].

The Nukeops show up, Nukeops are terrible aside from their stupid missile/laser spamming mech. We finally escape and in after-game OOC Vekter is taunting people who said he shouldn't have admin-recalled essentially saying they were a bunch of babies.

Also apparently at some point Vekter bluespaced artilliery'd someone for requesting nuke codes once the ops showed up. I don't know the full details but Vekter admitted it in OOC so I'll just throw that into the shitpile too.

TL;DR It's a nukeop/blob/traitor round and Vekter takes command of the round and forces us to sit in a chaotic shitshow of traitors with all-access and gunstation because he doesn't want us to leave until the nukeops show up too. Also he uses bluespace artillery one someone for shitty raisins.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Being awful, aka Why nobody wants to play secur

Post by Vekter » #84175

There are people other than you playing the game, too. Just because you're bored/don't want to play doesn't mean everyone else should go home.

Also I bluespaced Fire because he requested the nuke codes with "asdfhghjkl" as the reason. Centcom has the right to bluespace you when you do stupid shit.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #84176

Has this not been went over?
Calling the shuttle is an IC issue except in extreme/joke circumstances.
This is something I believe does not deserve a bwoink unless it's clearly antagonistic or to be a dick (as a non-antag) which in this case from Robustins complaint I see no evidence off.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #84178

To be fair if all the crew have all access, security is undermanned, the armoury is all but looted and the Captain is acting like a condom than I would imagine the Head of Security (You know, the single guy in charge of the station's security) can make the call to evacuate the station.

The crew are usually very adapt of wanting/not wanting to evacuate.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #84188

Alright, now that the round's over I can actually sit here and explain myself.

I didn't recall the shuttle when you called it. I did recall it later when the captain said something stupid like "mike hurt his foot" because I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to recall for stupid reasons.

All I did was simply ask you why you called the shuttle. If I'm not allowed to ask questions anymore, I don't want this job.

I didn't taunt anyone, I said someone called the shuttle for a shitty reason.

No one wants to play Security because the station treats them like shit. Don't blame me for problems with the playerbase.

I expected you to fix the situation without tapping out, since you're apparently a very competent HoS. Order guns, either get all-access yourself or start confiscating IDs and fixing access levels, do what you've gotta do. If the captain's being an asshat, fix it in IC unless he's breaking the rules.

The BSA part shouldn't even be considered in this complaint. We have the option to BSA people when they request the nuke codes for stupid reasons (There's even a fucking button on the Centcom message thing for us to hit somebody for it). When I say he did it for a stupid reason, it was literally "asdfghjkl;l" as the round was ending. So yes, I hit him with like 20 brute.

Can we please stop treating getting an admin-pm as the end of the world? It's not a big fucking deal, if I feel the need to ask a simple question, I'm going to ask it. Stop acting like you're going to get banned every time I bwoink you.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as antagonistic, but I don't like it when people jump up my ass for something borderline ridiculous. Also it's hard for me to not be on the back foot when I see a thread that basically says "Vekter's an asshole deadmin he".

E: I didn't realize that BSA essentially crits people now, I need to fix that.

Anyway, I won't recall the shuttle again. My bad. However, don't get pissy if I either PM you or use a centcom report to ask why you guys want to leave so bad.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #84197

As it's sec related, I feel the need to chime in where I'm not wanted :D
but seriously, the idea that understaffed outgunned security should order more guns and try to disarm the station by force is misguided at best, Once the rabbid well armed crew catches wind of it, the backlash is nothing short of a spontaneous rev round. And taking access is much the same, laughable.

Suggestions like those vektor make me cringe at how out of touch most of the player base including the admin team is in regards to security and it's very real constraints.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #84201

Yea okay this has been talked over.

This complaint is valid, nothing will be done however in regards to vekter as due to the minor nature of the complaint and him not being informed that this isn't ok.
So to point out admins should not be dictating the flow of the round like this in regards to the shuttle, the only case for exception is when a player is being a outright dick in which this case Robustin was not.

Finally Robustin please stop titling your threads "Why X is awful/shit" you may have valid points but you don't have to phrase it like that.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me