[Hotmud9] - Gobears - Said skill issue and closed ahelp after I made a valid ahelp

Festkongendk
Byond Username: Gobears

[Hotmud9] - Gobears - Said skill issue and closed ahelp after I made a valid ahelp

Post by Festkongendk » #711509

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord):Manuel
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Gobears/Paulie Soprano
Admin: Hotmud9
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 218791
Detailed summary: I was on the shuttle when I took Samanthnya Pershing's wheel chair for a small prank. they said HEY and without warning immediately murdered me with death nettles. They then got lynched. At the round end I checked the report and he wasn't an antag. I reported it to the admins because I've gotten in trouble for critting people on shuttle before but the admin Hotmud9 just said "skill issue and IC issue" when this was clearly against the rules. He immediately closed the ahelp after saying that. Honestly just seems like he didnt want to deal with it because the round was about to end. It was very rude and dismissive and I think he was negligent in his duty. I don't want that Samanthnya banned or even noted but at the very least they should've been told to not do that again but the admin didn't even feel like doing that. I felt very disrespected. I've never interacted with this admin before so I hope this can get sorted out.
Hotmud9
Byond Username: Hotmud9

Re: [Hotmud9] - Gobears - Said skill issue and closed ahelp after I made a valid ahelp

Post by Hotmud9 » #711515

Okay, had to deal with dinner first. I meant to respond but round ended.
The "skill issue" was a joke, and I sincerely apologize for coming off as rude. The "IC issue" was not, however, a joke.

They were Obsessed, a minor antag that is heavily restricted in who they can kill, and have to follow escalation for anyone except their target, but an antag regardless.
Regardless, you stole their wheelchair, something that they need for mobility.
They pretty much had valid escalation to kill you, since you started it, under Roleplay Rule 2.
Festkongendk

Re: [Hotmud9] - Gobears - Said skill issue and closed ahelp after I made a valid ahelp

Post by Festkongendk » #711518

Oh I didn't see they were obsessed, that's different then. I still don't think stealing a wheelchair and murdering me is valid escalation for non-antags and question your judgment on that. Critting I understand, but murdering? I do not think that's allowed especially since I only had it for like 10 seconds.

Since he was antag I'm fine with you ruling it as an IC issue and would like to retract my complaint but I would again like to reiterate that if they weren't an antag this would warrant a talking to.
Hotmud9
Byond Username: Hotmud9

Post by Hotmud9 » #711527

Fair enough!
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #711565

It's worth noting that taking someone's wheelchair is pretty explicitly a rule 1 violation and (I would argue) is covered under the following Headmin ruling:
If you perform an action which has zero benefit to you other than making others upset (like killing Ian) I will ban you if you adminhelp when someone kills you.
If you're not an antag, don't do it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Festkongendk

Post by Festkongendk » #711591

I dunno people shove me and take my stuff all the time I just thought that's how it goes.

Anyway I thought he was non-antag because when I called him out for killing me as a non-antag in OOC he didn't correct me about it, just said I took his wheelchair. Sorry for the confusion.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #712087

I'm assuming this is resolved peacefully, given the lack of continued messages. I'll be closing this in a bit.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta