Byond Username: Xargav

[Stickymayhem] Tzargav Romanov - Made himself an event

Post by Xargav » #86067

BYOND account: Xargav
Player Name: Tzargav Romanov/
Admin: Stickymayhem
Time: 5-5-15, about 10:40 PM CST to 11:20ish PM CST

Summary:
So the admins had an event, which is usually really cool. It had human xenos who needed plasma to survive, came in peace but were strong, everything you would need for a good event. I was the captain in this round and was talking to the aliens, who were flooding plasma to breath, we were negotiating, everything was fine. Then, one of the aliens set the plasma on fire and killed a few people, so me and the heads agreed to get retribution. We declared war on them, they declared war on us, so far the round was pretty interesting. The shitty part that I'm upset about is the aliens retribution was armored mechs with an array of flame weapons, and they just kinda came in and wrecked the place. This was a little annoying for me, because mechs with flames is death squad levels of broken, but it was still alright. Then while dead, I learned that the admins were some of the plasma people in the event, and though they say they prayed like everyone else, thats a really suspicious excuse as to how you got into your own event, especially if that event is just you coming onto the station and setting things on fire, or stomping around with flame mechs. After some conversation in dead chat, Sticky said to blame the thing on him if we were going to complain, so thats why hes the one named here. It's one thing to have an event go poorly, its another thing to have the special antags be not only overpowered, but include yourself.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Stickymayhem] Tzargav Romanov - Made himself an event

Post by Stickymayhem » #86068

There was one participating trialmin in the event. He was among the first few people who prayed, and it's really unfair that just because someone has taken the time and effort to help the game run smoothly that they are now banned from ever participating in other events.

There is no rule regarding this because admins watch out for misbehaviour for each other and this rarely occurs. Admins rarely do this mainly to prevent complaints such as this cropping up but honestly admins deserve to just be players sometimes. I didn't involve myself in the event, and that would be wear concerns should crop up unless it's purely a necessary RP role.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Xargav
Byond Username: Xargav

Post by Xargav » #86091

From what I heard in deadchat for the short time i was there (I got cloned after a few minutes), I was under the impression that a ton of people prayed for the event and more than one admin had been selected as a plasma man. I don't see a problem with admins being part of events, I was under the impression that the plasma people were more stacked with admins than would be appropriate and fair to the other prayers.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #86092

Stickymayhem wrote:There is no rule regarding this because admins watch out for misbehaviour for each other and this rarely occurs. Admins rarely do this mainly to prevent complaints such as this cropping up but honestly admins deserve to just be players sometimes.
You might want to revise Admin Conduct, then.
Admin Guidelines wrote:If you need someone to fill a role in-game, such as an event character or someone who is AFK, prioritize players over admins. We're here to create fun for them, not for ourselves.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #86101

Xargav wrote:From what I heard in deadchat for the short time i was there (I got cloned after a few minutes), I was under the impression that a ton of people prayed for the event and more than one admin had been selected as a plasma man. I don't see a problem with admins being part of events, I was under the impression that the plasma people were more stacked with admins than would be appropriate and fair to the other prayers.
Ikarrus wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:There is no rule regarding this because admins watch out for misbehaviour for each other and this rarely occurs. Admins rarely do this mainly to prevent complaints such as this cropping up but honestly admins deserve to just be players sometimes.
You might want to revise Admin Conduct, then.
Admin Guidelines wrote:If you need someone to fill a role in-game, such as an event character or someone who is AFK, prioritize players over admins. We're here to create fun for them, not for ourselves.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct
Of the nine people selected for the roles, one was admin.

This doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Deadchat had been exhausted by the time all the plasmamen had been made.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #86102

If he prayed like everyone else for an event Stickymayhem started then i dont see the issue.