[durandan] AdenAbrafo - Banned Over Avenging Myself

AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

[durandan] AdenAbrafo - Banned Over Avenging Myself

Post by AdenAbrafo » #87065

This is more of a complaint over the ban but Im not appealing it since its 24 hours, but seriously what the fuck the ban reason isn't even completely factual.
Byond account and character name: AdenAbrafo
Admin: Durandan
Time incident occured: Noon
Detailed summary: Ban reason is: Ambushed, killed, and hid the corpse of a miner after starting a fist-fight he lost earlier on, instead of taking it to Sec. Make sure you read the rules and guidelines surrounding IC issues, especially regarding escalation.

At the start of the round I went to the HoP's line to get my job changed. The line quickly filled up and right behind me is shaft miner Lanate Mons. When I get to the front everyone starts pushing and whenever I go to open the sliding window it closes, I tell Lanate to knock it off since they are the only one that could be doing it. They continue to close the window whenever I try to open it to put my id on the table so I punch them once and turn back to the HoP. They proceed to escalate this into a full on fistfight instead of calling security. I weaken them and turn back to get my id changed. Right as they get up they take out their pickaxe and proceed to beat me to death with it instead of calling security.

I get revived a bit later and while I'm dead I ahelp, Durandan tells me he's looking into it and I ask if I can get IC revenge. He replies yes. I go to get my id changed to shaft miner so I can look for Lanate. Eventually the QM tips me off they're on their way back from the mining station so I set an ambush at the shuttle and kill them. I search them real quick, put their hardsuit on a nearby table and then put them and their belongings into an unlocked locker. It is extremely obvious to anyone that looked there was a body in the locker so it was not at all hidden.

After this happens Durandan PMs me and then proceeds to ask me why I didn't call security after she beat me to death. He says I escalated it poorly and bans me. I just have a few questions.
1.) Would she have gotten banned had I not done anything?
2.) How is it not poor escalation to pickaxe someone in the head after getting beat in a fistfight that you start but it is poor escalation to kill your murderer?
3.) Did you even pay attention to the actual events? The ban reason says I started a fistfight. If you read the logs and read what I said you'd notice I did not start a fistfight and punched her once to get her to stop fucking around in the HoP line, they escalated it to an actual fistfight while I was actually trying to just end the fighting after I punched her once.
4.) The ban reason literally says I should have taken it to sec but why does Lanate get off with not taking the issue in the HoP line to security and instead killing me?
5.) The body wasn't even hidden. People were alerted of where it was stuffed into, there were belongings scattered around it, there was blood trail leading to it. If the other miner didn't care enough to check the locker then he wasn't going to bother dragging her all the way to genetics if the body had been left out in the open.
6.) Why does the ban reason make it sound like I beat her to death after getting beat in a fistfight when in reality she killed me after she lost the fistfight and I just got revenge for being murdered?
7.) Why did it take you less than two minutes to ban me after I killed Lanate but after she murdered me in the HoP line she ran around the station without pausing once, almost as if she wasn't questioned about killing me?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [durandan] AdenAbrafo - Banned Over Avenging Myself

Post by imblyings » #87068

The round is still going, I know you can't tell due to being banned but it's best if you edit out the post and put it back later after a bit.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #87072

[11:24:41]ADMIN: PM: AdenAbrafo/(Albequerque Chechkov)->Durandan/(Jed Fleming): Is it actually being looked into or can I deal with this iC?
[11:26:11]ADMIN: PM: Durandan/(Jed Fleming)->AdenAbrafo/(Albequerque Chechkov): We're looking into it through OOC means, but pursuing it IC is fine.
[11:26:25]ADMIN: PM: AdenAbrafo/(Albequerque Chechkov)->Durandan/(Jed Fleming): Alright, thanks.

I read through the logs further and I have to say this ban is quite invalid. You can't tell a player to handle something IC then ban them for doing just that. They beat them to death with a pick axe, they're allowed to get revenge.

EDIT: Since Durandan is a trialmin, and I'm an admin trainer, I've gone and lifted your ban.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #87075

Alright, thank you.