[Pandarsenic, Technoalchemist] restart vote ban

LNGLY
Byond Username: LNGLY

[Pandarsenic, Technoalchemist] restart vote ban

Post by LNGLY » #89860

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-TechnoAlchemist: Please stop making restart votes every round
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
PM to-Admins: but y
You have been banned by pandarsenic.
Reason: Attempting to abuse the Restart Vote function, yet again.
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 15 minutes.
To try to resolve this matter head to https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=7
Connection died.

~2mins ago

I made a restart vote before the round started and for some reason Pandarsenic thought it would be a good idea to ban me for this

Can anyone explain why? What is this hurting? Does it inflame Pandarsenic's autism to have the restart vote line pop up in the text field? This is weird, obsessive micromanagement behavior that shouldn't be happening. This is also the same administrator who was banning people because they criticized him over that drone shit in OOC.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: [Pandarsenic, Technoalchemist] restart vote ban

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #89862

The poll function isn't there for you to make a restart vote every round.

You are not the only player who has been talked to about doing this, just don't do it.
LNGLY

Post by LNGLY » #89867

TechnoAlchemist wrote:The poll function isn't there for you to make a restart vote every round.

You are not the only player who has been talked to about doing this, just don't do it.
This doesn't at all answer the question of 'why', but does reinforce my assumption that the answer is 'because you are prone to weird, obsessive, micromanaging behavior that benefits no one'
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #89868

It's a 15 minute ban for being an annoying shit, sounds valid to me.

The restart vote is there to let players restart the server if something fucking awful happens and locks everyone out. It's a very rare instance but it DOES happen. It is not there for you to go HEHEHEHE RESTART VOTE every time you die.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
LNGLY

Post by LNGLY » #89871

Vekter wrote:It's a 15 minute ban for being an annoying shit, sounds valid to me.

The restart vote is there to let players restart the server if something fucking awful happens and locks everyone out. It's a very rare instance but it DOES happen.
If seeing the restart vote text annoys you, maybe the problem is with you. It's not normal to get upset over some text appearing in a box.

Vekter wrote: It is not there for you to go HEHEHEHE RESTART VOTE every time you die.
This isn't what happened. Please do not lie -- administrators are held to a higher standard of honesty and you should not be doing this.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #89874

So why do you throw up a restart vote so often, despite being asked multiple times not to?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
LNGLY

Post by LNGLY » #89882

Vekter wrote:despite being asked multiple times not to?
This didn't happen either. Why do you continuously lie in all of your posts? Is it a pathological thing?

Also, please stop trying to flip the script: this is an administrator complaint thread, and we are trying to figure out why Pandarsenic is banning people for making restart votes and criticizing him in OOC. When a player is banned they must be hurting the game in some way. In what way does this hurt the game? And haven't we already agreed that obsessive moderation of every minute detail of the server is a bad thing?
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #89883

Please keep doing this, admins. Seeing restart votes almost every round because certain players think its a le funny meme is getting old. Its a power given to the playerbase for extreme situations, not to turn into some joke.

10/10 admin-ing good job
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #89886

Making a restart vote means you can't do it again for a little while. What if the round breaks and you can't restart because there's already been a vote?
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #89905

LNGLY wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:The poll function isn't there for you to make a restart vote every round.

This doesn't at all answer the question of 'why', but does reinforce my assumption that the answer is 'because you are prone to weird, obsessive, micromanaging behavior that benefits no one'
The answer as to why you were talked to is because there is a use for the restart poll. Your constant misuse of the poll system not only puts a cool down on it in case we need to use it but also numbs players to polls which generally we want payed attention to.

I
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #89908

doesn't the restart vote not actually do anything when an admin is online even if it passes?

edit:
LNGLY wrote:Also, please stop trying to flip the script: this is an administrator complaint thread, and we are trying to figure out why Pandarsenic is banning people for making restart votes and criticizing him in OOC. When a player is banned they must be hurting the game in some way. In what way does this hurt the game? And haven't we already agreed that obsessive moderation of every minute detail of the server is a bad thing?
i was going to try to respond to this because of how stupid you are but just shut the fuck up you moron
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #89921

no, it does
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #89925

I think everyone with the ability to reason properly understands why you got this 15 minute ban.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #89947

So the record shows it, I personally have given out a short ban like this for someone who also spammed restart votes. You were also not the only person who got a short ban for spamming the restart vote.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #89959

I've found multiple times I can't do actual votes because of you spamming that restart vote and throwing the cooldown up.

It's just annoying and a very smaller part of your wider OOC behaviour that needs to stop.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #89969

Stickymayhem wrote:I've found multiple times I can't do actual votes because of you spamming that restart vote and throwing the cooldown up.

It's just annoying and a very smaller part of your wider OOC behaviour that needs to stop.
Perhaps ask the bus to add a ban/mute to the ability to create votes?
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #89974

There is a time for mutes, and a time for players to learn to behave or go home.

It can get to a point where special kinds of ban or punishments replacing normal bans can become counter productive. Take paprika for example, Their post approval didn't help shit, 8 months later they were still just as hostile. But if I had just started banning them when they were being overly hostile. They would have just either learned to stop or earned a perma forum ban much sooner.

Mutes are good because it lets people "cool down" when they are mad. They don't deal with a long term problem, just a short term emotional related problem. But for repetitive unwanted behavior, bans are the only way to go. Preventing their ability to do the bad thing and only the bad thing for a short period of time just means they have to wait until next round to earn the vote mute again. It doesn't actually solve anything, it would just be another road block in their path to either learning to stop or getting a perma.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: