[???] Amelius - Spawning murderboners in a gang round

Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

[???] Amelius - Spawning murderboners in a gang round

Post by Amelius » #95987

The Captain and almost all of security were dead, the remaining heads dead or ganged. However, security had barricaded cargo and managed to implant everyone inside, and we began slowly expanding our influence toward the hostile gangs outside, despite our distinct lack of firepower, only gaining two additional officers (up from one, myself) from joinstart.

After an engagement with a particular scientist, it left the mime in perpetual crit with no anti-toxin available, and I had just recovered from a several minute long coma, still at 95+ damage.

Some bright admin decided it was a great idea to spawn 3 unstunnable, rapidly moving slaughter demons inside cargo with no warning, which then proceeded to annihilate all of us in seconds since we weren't in a condition to fight them and we didn't even have the laser weaponry required to have a chance. Then the nuke button was pushed because the rest of the station was also promptly eliminated by the slaughter demons. Admins defended this move, saying that right before they spawned them the gang heads were dead, and thus to end the round they had to justify activating the nuke with admin powers, rather than doing something actually sensical, like handing the crew their hard-earned victory (by calling the fucking shuttle), by sending an ERT, waiting the brief moment it would take for me (who had all-access) to get my shit together so that the shuttle could be called or SOMETHING other than using adminabuse to provide a reason to nuke the station because 'wow, the crew won a close 1 hr victory, time to nuke the station because fuck the crew'.

I mean, I could understand if it was a massive landslide victory, but this was very very close.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: [???] Amelius - Spawning murderboners in a gang round

Post by Scones » #95990

What was the roundtime? One hour?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #95991

Honestly these silly complaints need to stop.

This was a test for the new autoclick. We forced gang, all the gang bosses bar one died and we threw in some demons five minutes before we deliberately ended the round so we could do another test with highlander the following round.

No one was willing to call the shuttle or end the round, the vast proportion of the station were dead or dying and we needed to reset it for the follow up test before we all had to leave. I had already sent a message to see if there were any heads with their shit together to call the shuttle/an ERT. There were not.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Scones

Post by Scones » #95994

But were players informed? Deciding a round exists to test something, and then suddenly concluding it once you have your results, may feel valid (matter of opinion) but looks terrible to the uninformed player.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #95999

>admins plural defended it

Hey now I'm probably more upset than anyone else that the debut of slaughter demons was three times too many of them when nobody could fight back, so no I'm not "defending" it.

It was a stupid way to end the round but what I said was there wasn't really much round left anyway.

It irked me but it isn't the end of the world. I think Sticky was just trying to get rid of autoclick as fast as possible.

He apologized to me though so (after this final bitching I swear) I'm ready to just move on with it rather than spend a week arguing about 5 minutes of a round (though I hope public opinion on the demon things isn't soured forever)

Scones wrote:But were players informed? Deciding a round exists to test something, and then suddenly concluding it once you have your results, may feel valid (matter of opinion) but looks terrible to the uninformed player.
No, someone just said "spawn slaughter demons" in deadchat and sticky spawned 3.
Scones

Post by Scones » #96000

Kor wrote:
Scones wrote:But were players informed? Deciding a round exists to test something, and then suddenly concluding it once you have your results, may feel valid (matter of opinion) but looks terrible to the uninformed player.
No, someone just said "spawn slaughter demons" in deadchat and sticky spawned 3.
Therein would lie my issue.

However, I do agree with Sticky that these things do not warrant admin complaints, perhaps feedback instead - Better yet, it is simply something that admins can acknowledge the issues with and strive to avoid in the future. The trivialization of this subforum by complaints regarding events/silly admin fuckery is not a good thing.

Edit: It has always been my understanding that admin complaints are for direct cases of admin abuse, where abuse refers to admins going out of their way to spite/aid a player (Or sometimes in the case of the latter themselves), or several cases of poor behavior that require redress beyond negative feedback. Complaints regarding individual events need to stop. If it becomes a pattern, that is when you make a complaint.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #96001

Players were informed the round was for the sake of testing autoclicker yes.

I didn't realize it was the first time slaughter demons would be spawned so I regret messing with kor's cool thing like that.

It didn't help that autoclicker made them ludicrously strong.

But yeah I'm nearing the point where I'd have to say keep problems with events to dedicated event discussion threads, admin feedback or supportbus.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #96002

Ya, no...

We aren't gonna do this, i'm not gonna have an admin complaint every time an admin uses buttons.

Round was at 1 hour, gang boss kept recalling but doing nothing, we spiced up the round.

No, we don't need to notify the players when we press buttons, or do admin notices or any of that. Mini-vents, or admins fucking with long rounds, is allowed, the rules flat out say that admins are encouraged to do them, and they have a lot of leeway as long as they don't fuck up repeatedly.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: