[NikNakFlak]Banned from OOC/ahelp/apm/asay

Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

[NikNakFlak]Banned from OOC/ahelp/apm/asay

Post by Tunder » #96756

Byond account and character name: Tunderchief
Admin: Niknakflak
Time incident occured: 9:30am EST, 6/18/2015

Detailed summary: Pointed out via OOC that Xenos regularly poll higher than both Blob and Wizard, and have done so for a long time, after NikNak mentioned my always trying to trade TCs for xenomorph eggs.

He responded by stating that all old polls were illegitimate simply because BYOND ckey links were not always necessary, to which I responded that the idea there was any organized movement to falsify gameplay polls on a not very popular 2d spessmen simulator was a combination of silly and dumb.

Upon asking who would actively attempt to falsify poll outcomes, I was banned.

OOC: Tunderchief: literally <20% of the community dislikes xenos
OOC: Tunderchief: it's definitely higher for blob and wiz
OOC: NikNakflak: where do you get that number from
OOC: NikNakflak: like really
OOC: Tunderchief: Multiple polls

OOC: NikNakflak: forum polls
OOC: NikNakflak: are not valid when you did those
OOC: NikNakflak: They are now though
OOC: Tunderchief: wat

OOC: Tunderchief: the only people on our forums are members of the community
OOC: NikNakflak: not true
OOC: Tunderchief: there is noone actively seeking to damage our community by falsifying polls
OOC: NikNakflak: not true

OOC: Tunderchief: I'm, sure there's a bunch of people from outside our community that want to imbalance our polls lmao
OOC: Tunderchief: moron
OOC: NikNakflak: You are such a nice person

OOC: Tunderchief: stop saying dumb shit like all old polls are illegitimate
OOC: Tunderchief: and maybe I won't call you out on it
OOC: NikNakflak: They are illegitimate
OOC: NikNakflak: like your attitude
OOC: NikNakflak: ohh

OOC: Tunderchief: and the suggestion is more retarded than it is humorous
OOC: NikNakflak: whatever bro
OOC: NikNakflak: Not gonna argue with you
OOC: NikNakflak: no point really
OOC: Tunderchief: those damned goons, trying to fuck up /tg/ by falsifying all our polls
OOC: Tunderchief: look out everyone

OOC: Tunderchief: who is actively conspiring to harm us via poll manipulation
You have been muted from OOC.
PM to-Admins: ayy butthurt, but seriously what's the answer
You have been muted from adminhelp, admin PM and ASAY.

If you're going to say something questionable and trivial like 'all old polls are illegitimate', kindly defend your argument or concede that it was silly instead of resorting to administrative abuse. The old polls had a slightly larger margin of error, that by no means makes them illegitimate.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Re: [NikNakFlak]Banned from OOC/ahelp/apm/asay

Post by Scott » #96757

If you're going to participate in the banter, you don't have any excuse to mute your banter peers.

git gud nik nak
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #96801

Except we've had problems with people spamming the polls before, hence why we have ckey verification now.
Not to say every poll before then was 100% and completely inaccurate, but theres always the chance of one really butthurt dude spamming a vote.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #96810

If it gets to the point of disturbing OOC you need to personally disengage if you're involved and then give people time to realize you aren't going to tolerate it anymore before going for a personal mute.

Just straight up instantly muting someone you're in an argument with to !!WIN!! is complete shit. Never do it again.

This is a relatively minor fuck up but I'll speak to NikNak about this when he gets online.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #96883

OOC: NikNakflak: whatever bro

I tried to end it there but you were having none of that so I muted you. This wasn't an attempt to !WIN! an argument because as you saw, I didn't continue it, he did. You literately just can't stop being an asshole in OOC. Either way, muting was probably wrong anyway, next time I'll simply ignore you like I should have.
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #96884

NikNakFlak wrote:OOC: NikNakflak: whatever bro

I tried to end it there but you were having none of that so I muted you. This wasn't an attempt to !WIN! an argument because as you saw, I didn't continue it, he did. You literately just can't stop being an asshole in OOC. Either way, muting was probably wrong anyway, next time I'll simply ignore you like I should have.
You implied that there was some conspiracy of foreigners to destabilize /tg/ through poll manipulation, realized what you said was retarded, and then backpedalled until I bluntly asked you who you were talking about, at which point you abused your power to save face.

If you can't handle some discourse or bantz without reacting in a salty manner, stay off OOC.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #96892

I don't want to continue your childish argument here. Read what Saegrimr said, talk to mrstonedone, or hell talk to Errorage about the problem. It existed and my word means nothing, as does yours, so quit bringing it up and quit being an asshole
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #97047

The procedure is as I said. Make it clear a mute is going to happen and that the conversation has switched from an argument to an admin having to stop OOC being a shitheap. This is resolved.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman