[ThatSlyFox] Doing absolutely nothing.

Syrias
Byond Username: Iezzoni

[ThatSlyFox] Doing absolutely nothing.

Post by Syrias » #102986

Admin: ThatSlyFox
Time incident occured: ~3-4PM EST
Detailed summary: Admins online during this shift refused to respond to numerous requests for assistance. No less than five separate messages were sent out, and not one was responded to. Major, massive griefing occurred during the round due to their failure to perform their duties. At least one ban request has resulted from that shift, and greytide behavior was utterly out of control. R&D was completely sacked and raided by greytide, as was the brig and armory. Failure to perform resulted in quite a bit of rage onboard the station that shift.

Mitigating circumstances: There was a trial admin online as well, and it is POSSIBLE that they were training him in lieu of their other duties. I do not find this to be a suitable excuse for not doing their primary function, nor is it reasonable to conduct training when minimally staffed.

I hope that this will have one of you speak to him/her/whatever and have them refocus their efforts and dedicate themselves to the successful execution of their job in the future. Thank you and have a nice day.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [ThatSlyFox] Doing absolutely nothing.

Post by Ikarrus » #103011

Are you sure he wasn't just AFK?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Syrias

Post by Syrias » #103042

Pretty convenient to be AFK the whole round. Maybe he shouldn't be AFK during his shifts for extended periods of time. If he has a good reason, it's all good. But it still need to be reported and investigated. My part is done.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #103044

Admins don't have shifts. We pretty much come on whenever we feel like it, which is why no one cares if you log on and AFK for most of the time.

I had handled something prior to the R&D situation and went in and out of being afk after that, irl stuff. I did try and look into the "sacking" of R&D but came up short. More than one person complained about that.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #103049

If sly was busy running some shitty event or was talking in OOC while ignoring you you might have a valid complaint here, but admins go AFK all the time, much like players do.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #103053

Excuse you ikarrus, I run good events.

Back on topic though, I was talking in OOC in the lobby of the next round. I guess that's why he thinks I was active the round before.
Syrias

Post by Syrias » #103055

Alright. Thank you for addressing my complaint, and I'm glad to know that it's something reasonable.
I was just really frustrated because it totally looked like he was online and just not listening to me.
Back on topic though, I was talking in OOC in the lobby of the next round. I guess that's why he thinks I was active the round before.
That IS why I thought you were available. *shrug* Confusion happens in the game. I'm kind of annoyed that the fuckers who did the R&D thing never got what was coming to them, though. That was some heinous bullshit right there.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #103075

I know it's an extra step that can be a hassle, but sometimes popping into #supportbus can successfully rouse some admins who are online but just not logged into the game. We get notifications in IRC when someone makes an adminhelp and all the online admins are AFK, but if someone steps out of the room for 5 minutes and 2 helps go by without them hearing it, well, it's as if they never happened (because the AFK timer is longer than 5 min I believe).
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #103927

I think we can consider this wrapped up. Can we have a headmin give us the OK to lock this?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #103933

beep boop
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman