[WJohnston] - alien (###)

NemoVonFish
Byond Username: NemoVonFish

[WJohnston] - alien (###)

Post by NemoVonFish » #133376

WJohnston the "Xeno", as his admin title says, spawns himself as a xeno literally every single time he's on and dear lord is it old, but I can only point out two days, so let's focus on those.

Yesterday, 2015-11-12, WJohnston stated in ooc:
OOC: Wjohnston: I'm going to sprite a xeno with a pink bow and you can't stop me!

Lo and behold, about an hour later, we got a centcomm announcement saying the station had been given a present Xeno, none other than WJohnston himself.
Now, shennanigans are fine, but there were traitors on board, and now we have to worry about Xenos too. Despite the announcement saying they wouldn't grow, they did, and started ventcrawling and tackling anyone that came close.

Now, the only sensible thing to do with Xenos once they're loose is to kill them, but Medbay decided they wanted to keep the admin-self-insert as a pet, and attacked anyone that thought otherwise. Several crewmembers died in the ensuing clusterfuck, traitors were ignored, and at some point a non-antag xeno-friendly doctor got an e-dagger, using it to murder two people. How she got it is a mystery <==O.O==>. The Xeno didn't slouch, either, killing at least another two people.

Eventually, the Xeno did die, and WJohnston was quite obviously upset the server did not indulge his peaceful-xeno guilty pleasure, with such gems as:
OOC: Wjohnston: you're kind of being an unfun asshole right now?

It was confirmed he was piloting the Xeno, despite apparently offering to the ghosts the chance to be his pink-bow-clad xeno snowflake, and rather than following the rules by not hijacking the round or spawning himself as an antagonist, he deciced the world needed to see his sprites, and if he had to distract the crew from the antagonists, or murder a few people, then so be it.

Today, 2015-11-12, Centcomm made an announcement:

Central Command Update
Good news, everyone. We've recovered a special research subject for your Xenobiology lab. Stand by, we'll beam it directly there. Make sure the containment is online.
We're also not sending it to you because you're all expendable.

A quick look at the adminwho list, lo and behold:
Current Admins:
HotelBravoLima is a GameMaster
WJohnston is a Xeno
What a surprise.

The Xenobiologists quickly murder the test subject, because fuck xenos, apparently, after which three things happened. One:
[Common] Dante Smith says, "My report on the xeno: Really averse to blunt trauma."

Two:
Central Command Update
We'll expect your first reports on the alien larva within 10-20 minutes, hopefully everything goes well. I've got some pretty high-level executives curious about the subject.

and Three: The Alien was adminhealed, and subsequently escaped.

I'm not sure if WJohnston is aware, but you're not allowed to control how the server reacts to your events, you can't force people to cuddle your peaceful kawaiidesu xeno-chan every single day, and then bring it back to life when the crew kill your 'event'. Last time I checked spawning yourself as an antag then killing people is also a big no-no.

In addition to these, I'd like to know just what his actual rank is, and why he'sallowed to inject his fetish every time he's online, the likes of which we have not seen since TankNut spawned himself and Utilitas? as ponies on the derelict that eventually made their way to the station.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Re: [WJohnston] - alien (###)

Post by Tsaricide » #133378

I've told wj to stop forcing his fetish on the server before but I guess he never listened.

I signed on near the end of the round and just observed him vent crawling and pouncing on top of people before I was made a holosprite.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #133380

[03:05:38]PRAY: Allohsnackbar/(Roman Lotsu): Can I trade Traitor for Xeno Larva in Xenobiology?
[03:05:46]ADMIN: SubtlePM: HotelBravoLima/(Ruby Rathens) -> Allohsnackbar/(Roman Lotsu) : ye
[03:09:31]ADMIN: HotelBravoLima/(Ruby Rathens) spawned /mob/living/carbon/alien/larva at (168,108,1)
[03:09:39]ADMIN: HotelBravoLima/(Ruby Rathens) has offered control of (*no key*/(alien larva (453))) to ghosts.
[03:11:55]ADMIN: WJohnston/(Douglas Mcmullen) has offered control of (*no key*/(alien larva (453))) to ghosts.
[03:12:06]ACCESS: Login: Dumpdavidson/(alien larva (453)) from || BYOND v509

WJ didnt do anything except offer control again when there were no takers
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #133424

oh snap, looks like someones leaping up the wrong vent.

This basically smacks of objective hunters/deniers salty their round meta was interrupted.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #133426

That doesn't explain or excuse the pink bow alien round.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #133431

It's a fucking gimmick event that happened apparently once?

Jesus christ people.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #133442

Calm your fucking tits and stop jumping at the first chance to complain.

Jesus christ, people.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #133443

>If you need someone to fill a role in-game, such as an event character or someone who is AFK, prioritize players over admins.
>prioritize

Which he did.

Making himself something stupid like the lusty xeno maid is not making himself antag. Defending himself from unprovoked murder is not antagonistic either.

I searched the logs for "dagger" as well and theres no record of anyone spawning them, several people talking about buying them though. One person shouting he got a dagger off a traitor as well.

I find lusty/friendly xeno obnoxious and overdone as well but there is nothing bannable here.

You went looking for valids and died instead, better luck next time.
NemoVonFish
Byond Username: NemoVonFish

Post by NemoVonFish » #133455

I didn't die, nothing got denied, this isn't what my complaint is about. I'm sick of him injecting his fetish into the game every single time he's on. But hey, if it wasn't him the second day, then it wasn't him, i'll just have to wait until the next time he's online and invariably spawns a peaceful xeno for him to play one-handed.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133457

"heh heh I can't wait to stalk him and incorrectly call him out again, THAT'll show him"

Can you get over yourself maybe?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #133465

>Complains
>turns out the complaint was not true

I'll get you next time Gadget Johnston!
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #133520

This culture of complaining the second you see something you don't like and pushing to get them punished be they admin, player or coder for the most minor of shit must stop. Now.

You bitches trigger so hard it makes tumblrinas look cuddly and reasonable.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #133524

I'm a tumblrina, and I still think this is pretty bad. It's just an alien, relax.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133525

TheNightingale wrote:I'm a tumblrina, and I still think this is pretty bad. It's just an alien, relax.
This explains so much.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #133544

can we ban the OP for ban baiting.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #133556

NemoVonFish wrote:and Three: The Alien was adminhealed, and subsequently escaped.
the only sketchy part of this whole report is this line. if you trade traitor status to get something cool and people murder it/steal it, it's usually just "tough luck." even then, there's nothing that implies WJ did this except that he was on the server at the time.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #133557

I think I've seen WJ run this event twice now, maaaybe a third time but I can't be certain. That would make this a confirmed third time he's done the larva with a bow.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #133580

Zilenan91 wrote:I think I've seen WJ run this event twice now, maaaybe a third time but I can't be certain. That would make this a confirmed third time he's done the larva with a bow.
So? Wiggles is cute, and I don't recall Wiggles ever actually having the capacity to evolve in any round I was on with my knowledge, only being incredibly cute.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #133593

PKPenguin321 wrote:
NemoVonFish wrote:and Three: The Alien was adminhealed, and subsequently escaped.
the only sketchy part of this whole report is this line. if you trade traitor status to get something cool and people murder it/steal it, it's usually just "tough luck." even then, there's nothing that implies WJ did this except that he was on the server at the time.
I did spend 11 telecrystals that round to bomb xeno. Don't really care though.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #133624

Zilenan91 wrote:That would make this a confirmed third time he's done absolutely nothing
How horrifying
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133646

oranges wrote:can we ban the OP for ban baiting.
As terrible and misinformed as this is, I really don't want to discourage players from reporting when admins ARE doing stupid shit for fear of being banned.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #133694

Kor wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:That would make this a confirmed third time he's done absolutely nothing
How horrifying
Just stating the information here, nothing else.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #133706

Okay so let me clear up a number of things here since I'm kind of surprised this got made into a complaint at all:

1. I gave people a chance to play wiggles, as I always do, offering control to ghosts. I did this and no one took it. Not wanting the xeno to die immediately and for the gimmick to die right away, I decided to put myself in control of wiggles.

2. Nemo, the CE, *immediately* came onto the bridge after the "wiggles is the new station mascot/pet" announcement, trying to kill me with a telebaton. I stay away, everything's okay.

3. Eventually, things get boring since nothing happens in the round and I just finished drawing a grown up version with the bow, so I make wiggles a hunter with the pink bow. Again, still remaining perfectly passive.

4. I waltz around, eventually finding a friendly person in medbay. Then, dante tries to kill me with the CAPTAIN'S LASER, I don't think he was even an antag but he's dante so that's to be expected. CE also tries his hardest to kill me. Naturally, I pounce and disarm them, eventually trying to kill dante for being such a massive try-hard who repeatedly showed up with no other goal but to kill me and end the gimmick.

5. I am eventually killed by a cyborg while trying to protect/clone the friendly person in medbay because RNG made me fail all of my disarm push-back on the borg.

So, now, let me clear up the other accusations:
>adminhealed
No. That did not happen. You know what I did? Being a not totally incompetent xeno, I merely ventcrawled away and sat on some weeds. That's it.

Onto the totally separate round:

"Good news, everyone. We've recovered a special research subject for your Xenobiology lab. Stand by, we'll beam it directly there. Make sure the containment is online.
We're also not sending it to you because you're all expendable."
That really WAS hbl. I actually don't spawn xenos in xenobio as much as you think. In fact I rarely do ANYTHING compared to some other admins.

"We'll expect your first reports on the alien larva within 10-20 minutes, hopefully everything goes well. I've got some pretty high-level executives curious about the subject."
Again, HBL. Also, at no point was the larva adminhealed, it was taken to medbay and healed by the people there. Then I offered ghosts control of the xeno (the second time ghost control was offered and I still passed it up). Someone took it, then ventcrawled away because no one bothered to cuff or contain the larva, instead pulling it in the middle of the hall with nothing else. It escaped! WHAT A SHOCK!

Finally, I want to point out that this is the first and probably LAST time I will ever make wiggles an adult, I wanted to test out the grown up version with a bow and gauge reactions. Unfortunately, every tryhard on the server including dante and yourself saw to it that a harmless gimmick had to be stomped out and you had to whine as hard as possible about it.

So yeah I stand by my point that you're just being an unfun asshole.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133709

WJohnston wrote:Then, dante tries to kill me with the CAPTAIN'S LASER, I don't think he was even an antag but he's dante so that's to be expected. CE also tries his hardest to kill me. Naturally, I pounce and disarm them, eventually trying to kill dante for being such a massive try-hard who repeatedly showed up with no other goal but to kill me and end the gimmick.
A xeno ventcrawling around the station is 100% valid, solely for the fact you're a xeno. So antag or not really has nothing to do with it. That's just the risk you take.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #133712

Just because you can kill something, it doesn't mean you should kill something. An alien with a pink bow is cute enough to survive, you don't need to get your valids on at every opportunity. What did Adult!Wiggles look like, by the way?

(Also, it might help to give event mobs a million health or 100% damage resist or something. They can't validkill you if you're invincible.)
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #133717

So far neither of the two specific incidents outlined in the OP seem actionable. I'll leave the complaint open a bit longer in case some startling new evidence comes to light, but even the relevant complaint wasn't particularly bad as events go.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #133760

I don't think people understand the concept and gravity of this problem.

We've resolved it on IRC, but I'll sum it up here.

Butterfly effect.

This snowflake xeno was spawned one round, and it ruined the round for not only myself, but several others.

So you have this pink bow xeno onboard and everyone starts fucking around in medbay.

Soon, people want to kill it because there really was no reason to spawn it; if you wanted to do an event like this, why not change it to extended and announce it before doing so?

Long story short, there's now 8 dead people, medbay is welderbombed twice, and that's made my round shittier. Thanks.

People have every right to blame the person organising the event, and here's why:
If you didn't spawn a xeno, if you didn't change its sprite to make it special, and if you didn't decide to touch the round...
None of that would have happened. No welderbombs. No dead bodies.
None of this would have happened.

How often are events? Once a day? What if several admins want to do one event a day?

Now we have multiple admins wanting to do one or two adminbus rounds a day. That multiplies you know.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct
Don't spam sounds and events. If you're queuing sounds one after the other, or if you're running an event every day, you're doing it too often.

And better question, why didn't spawn a butterfly instead? Does it have to be a Xenomorph? Why not a senteint no laws drone?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #133767

Get over yourself J_Madison
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #133769

NikNakFlak wrote:Get over yourself J_Madison
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #133770

I should have just locked this at my last post.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"