[jud1c470r] Xargav - Banned for playing captain correctly

Xargav
Byond Username: Xargav

[jud1c470r] Xargav - Banned for playing captain correctly

Post by Xargav » #149542

Byond account and character name: Xargav / Tzargav Romanov
Admin: jud1c470r
Time incident occured: January 25th 6:37:40 PM CST
Detailed summary: Disclaimer: Summary is almost exact copy paste of my ban appeal about this situation.
I was the captain that round. As the round progressed, the HoS along with half the crew went into open revolt against the station and NT by abandoning their duties and leaving aboard a recovered shuttle. The HoS caused this split in the crew to be a hostile one by arresting me for arresting the leader of the splinter movement, then taking all of the sec hardsuits and the entire armory with her to the rebel ship. I ahelped, saying that there is no way in hell that a loyalty implanted HoS should be able to stun and arrest the captain like that, let alone take all of the equipment to an enemy of the station. jud1c470r informed me that in this case it is to be allowed, as now the round was an event revolving around this conflict. I took this to mean there was a precedent set that this round was going to be more flexible than others. So this guy starts screaming over comms (after the rebel ship left) about how he wishes he was a rebel and wanted NT to burn. As he already had a run in with the law for killing Ian, this kind of speech especially in a time of civil war was not to be tolerated, and the guy was eliminated. He had been warned that if he felt NT was bad to leave on the ship, and had not done so. He was further warned that such speech against NT was not to be tolerated.
While talking to jud1c470r in pms, I did get fed up with the situation and tell him he may as well ban me before suiciding, which he proceeded to do but not because I said to. The official reason he gave was that I killed a person talking about rebellion but not taking part in it.

This is also on the ban appeal forum, but as the ban expired on its own and I'm still upset jud1c470r thought he was 100% justified in his actions I'm now making an official complaint about it. He decided that others (like the HoS) are allowed to make drastic and "dickish" moves like stealing the entire armory while implanted, but the captain isn't allowed to do his job and punish rebellion.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: [jud1c470r] Xargav - Banned for playing captain correctl

Post by peoplearestrange » #149634

The related ban appeal: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5714

Ban reason:
Spoiler:
Killed a lizard during an event because they voiced support for a group of rebels without actually joining them. This led to another death as the lizard was treating somebody in medbay. Xargav did not see an issue with this.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #149641

Act like an antag, get treated like an antag.

Act like a rebel, get treated like a rebel.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #149644

I feel as if I've summed up my feelings regarding this in the ban appeal.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #149894

306 Inciting Riot.PNG Inciting a Riot To attempt to stir the crew into a riot Additionally to the brig time the offender will also have restrictions placed on their radio traffic and be implanted with a tracking implant. For second offences or outright instigating violent uprisings consider charging with Mutiny

406 Mutiny.PNG Mutiny To act individually, or as a group, to overthrow or subvert the established Chain of Command without lawful and legitimate cause. Mutiny is not as clear cut as it may seem, there may be a legitimate reason for their actions, such as their head of staff being utterly incompetent. This is one of the few crimes where it is recommended to always seek a third party opinion. If their actions are determined to be for the betterment of Nanotrasen consider a timed sentence or even a full pardon.

This ban's retarded.

If they're inciting or supporting an outright rebellion they're committing mutiny.
Cases like this are why I added those laws to space law.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #150026

Note: This page is merely a IC suggestion. It was voted for it to NOT become an official part of SS13.

not a comment on this complaint or the appeal, but lest we forget SPACE LAW IS NOT IN THE RULES
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #150032

I'm perfectly aware of that, I was even the one that put "this is a guideline" into the main text.
Doesn't change the fact that it has long been accepted as a guideline that if followed won't result in a ban.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #150034

So I'm confused, was he banned for executing someone vocally supporting a rebellion/mutiny despite being warned the consequences, or was he banned for gunning down said person without arresting them and taking them to the brig for perma/execution?
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #150189

Honestly what did they expect to happen when they were acting like fucking antagonists, if anything they should have gotten banbaiting bans.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #150196

Ahammer18 wrote:Honestly what did they expect to happen when they were acting like fucking antagonists, if anything they should have gotten banbaiting bans.
Was it even ahelped? I seem to recall another edge-case like this recently where the deceased party was entirely cool with the escalation/execution.
Docprofsmith

Post by Docprofsmith » #150253

This one was ahelped.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #150277

Still sounds like a ban baiter/griefer thing to do. Push someone else to the point of murder than run to the ahelps about how the big meanie killed them 4noraisins.
Docprofsmith

Post by Docprofsmith » #150280

Except saying "I wish I didn't work for NT" is definitely not pushing somebody toothed point of murder.

I've said all I will about it both in this thread and the ban appeal, so we're really only waiting on either the person who ahelped it to come forward or a headmin to come along and give a ruling.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #150295

Docprofsmith wrote:Except saying "I wish I didn't work for NT" is definitely not pushing somebody toothed point of murder.

I've said all I will about it both in this thread and the ban appeal, so we're really only waiting on either the person who ahelped it to come forward or a headmin to come along and give a ruling.
Clearly you don't understand the captain's role or the established setting of the game.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #155621

Will this ever be handled? It's almost a month old now.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #155800

I don't think it's possible to give a completely fair ruling on this issue without having seen the round. There are situations in which this would be acceptable and in which it would not. My request to the admins is that they tend towards letting things be resolved IC.