Hornygranny - Abuse of absolute power

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Hornygranny - Abuse of absolute power

Post by Zilenan91 » #160568

Bottom post of the previous page:

He does play the game though, near constantly. He was a mime a while ago and got lynched.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #160582

Whether he plays the game or not is a non-issue. He virtually never communicates with the playerbase, knowingly implements wildly unpopular changes, and abuses his power.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #160589

Luke Cox wrote:He virtually never communicates with the playerbase
That may be because you guys refuse to come to him. He'll gladly talk. The problem is you refuse to contact him.

I've told you two times in this thread alone to go talk to him on IRC, as he's almost always active, and told you directly HOW to contact him, yet you never did.
Luke Cox wrote:knowingly implements wildly unpopular changes
He has the right to run tests. Why do you think he doesn't have the right to run tests?

If you quote his activities as a coder, that's him as a coder. Not as a headmin. And also happened like 2 years ago at this point.

Luke Cox wrote:and abuses his power.
He's not abusing his power. He's using the power given to him as a headmin. He's not violating any server rules.

Care to quote the exact rules he is violating? Or is abusing power just what you personally think is wrong?

By the way, if you don't reply to this post in full, and address all my statements and questions exactly without dodging the questions, then you're just another dipshit who plugs their ears and goes "la la la i cant hear u L O L #listenandbelieve"

don't be that guy
reply to my post in full
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #160590

iamgoofball wrote:By the way, if you don't reply to this post in full, and address all my statements and questions exactly without dodging the questions, then you're just another dipshit who plugs their ears and goes "la la la i cant hear u L O L #listenandbelieve"
Good luck on that from the noisemakers.

Also I was told by Kor this is the shitposting containment thread so here I am.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #160599

I like HG
DanielRatherman
Byond Username: DanRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #160602

iamgoofball wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:He virtually never communicates with the playerbase
That may be because you guys refuse to come to him. He'll gladly talk. The problem is you refuse to contact him.

I've told you two times in this thread alone to go talk to him on IRC, as he's almost always active, and told you directly HOW to contact him, yet you never did.
He's being publicly redressed for perceived offenses against the community. To say any and all defense on his behalf should be done strictly on his terms behind a veil of non-scrutiny is just apologizing for his refusal to address the issue publicly.
Luke Cox wrote:knowingly implements wildly unpopular changes
He has the right to run tests. Why do you think he doesn't have the right to run tests?

If you quote his activities as a coder, that's him as a coder. Not as a headmin. And also happened like 2 years ago at this point.
This is the most reasonable point you make- yet the criticism seems to be as much with the arbitrary and non-publicized way he approached it. Other tests like AI removal and Silicon policy saw numerous discussions and debate before being implemented for testing. There is also no public mention I recall of this being a test and not a permanent change- again, because of a lack of HG addressing the community at all.
Luke Cox wrote:and abuses his power.
He's not abusing his power. He's using the power given to him as a headmin. He's not violating any server rules.

Care to quote the exact rules he is violating? Or is abusing power just what you personally think is wrong?
Acting within the rules in a way that violates the spirit of the rules is just as bad as breaking them. It's essentially corruption- utilizing rule zero to construe things he dislikes as bannable, using form moderation powers to 'clean up' dissenting opinions. Exactly the same inane excuse that anyone who dares to delete this thread would be utilizing to quell disagreement.
By the way, if you don't reply to this post in full, and address all my statements and questions exactly without dodging the questions, then you're just another dipshit who plugs their ears and goes "la la la i cant hear u L O L #listenandbelieve"

don't be that guy
reply to my post in full
"If you don't respond in exactly the way I want you are dumb and that guy"

Delightful.
hgbabe420
Byond Username: Hgbabe420

Post by hgbabe420 » #160605

I can personally assure all of you that my boyfriend never stops playing this stupid autistic fucking game, and anyone who claims otherwise is either outright retarded or lying to themselves.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #160606

Who the fuck is you
Durandan
Byond Username: Durandan

Post by Durandan » #160607

hgbabe420 wrote:I can personally assure all of you that my boyfriend never stops playing this stupid autistic fucking game, and anyone who claims otherwise is either outright retarded or lying to themselves.
that's bullshit but I believe it
Character: Jed Fleming [ghost]
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #160612

s
Last edited by oranges on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
DanielRatherman
Byond Username: DanRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #160614

hgbabe420 wrote:I can personally assure all of you that my boyfriend never stops playing this stupid autistic fucking game, and anyone who claims otherwise is either outright retarded or lying to themselves.
Tell him no more pussy unless he stops abusing his position.

Also- falseflag clearly successful at derailing serious thread to get it closed, good job.
Last edited by DanielRatherman on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #160617

Fucking oranges crashed my browser

So yeah anyways the account with hg in it was made in 2015 so I don't fucking know.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #160622

s
Last edited by oranges on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #160624

Zilenan91 wrote:Fucking oranges crashed my browser
same
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #160625

>shockwave has crashed!
>shockwave has crashed!
>shockwave has crashed!

Way to fuck it up.
hgbabe420

Post by hgbabe420 » #160628

Zilenan91 wrote:So yeah anyways the account with hg in it was made in 2015 so I don't fucking know.
I was saving it for a special occasion.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #160631

Wow so much shitposting I guess I can use this as an excuse to close this complaint now :^)
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #160632

I don't see any shitposting Ikarrus
hgbabe420

Post by hgbabe420 » #160634

DanielRatherman wrote:
You and others need to PM him if you're really that upset about this. Throwing a public temper tantrum to get everyone riled up, thus getting him to pay attention, isn't a good way of going about it. He's a reasonable guy and he'll hear you out, but he hates shit like this.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #160635

He's an autist who refuses to talk to people about the things he does and throws his toys out of his cot when things don't go his way.

I would expect his girlfriend to know that more than anyone else.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #160636

I'll humour this.

Why does Hornygranny not simply explain in detail why he's taken the action's he's done, such as removing Space Law (or other aspects of the game). His only response is either a minor comment to tell people he's doing so or minor quip or shitpost.

No one else forces people to jump through so many hoops to get a response in some detail.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160637

(Can't quote Goofball's post because Oranges shitposted so hard my browser is literally killing itself)

The forums are by and far the most effective and most used means to communicate with the general population. IRC is shit for that sort of thing for reasons PeopleAreStrange talked about. If somebody is not willing to utilize them at least semi-frequently, they should not be headmin. As for how HG has abused his power, read the goddamn OP. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to just ban people on the forums because you don't like what they said. Can you actually offer any rebuttal to the complaints leveled in this thread, or are you just going to scream "muh IRC" over and over while you plug your fingers in your ears and ignore everything being said?
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #160638

hgbabe420 wrote:
DanielRatherman wrote:
You and others need to PM him if you're really that upset about this. Throwing a public temper tantrum to get everyone riled up, thus getting him to pay attention, isn't a good way of going about it. He's a reasonable guy and he'll hear you out, but he hates shit like this.
Impartial point - I believe having listened to most of this sperging shit in IRC for a while now that quite a few people (at least those doing the talking) are concerned with the lack of accountability and public facing communication between the admin team in general and the community. This doesn't just apply to HG, therefore they do not want the conversation to be held in IRC as it is not public facing, unless someone takes logs there is no permanence to reference and a few other points like having it on the forums means other community members who weren't there at the time can still contribute.

I still haven't seen any of the abuse people are talking about though and when I ask what happened I don't really get much of an answer.
hgbabe420

Post by hgbabe420 » #160639

oranges wrote:He's an autist
Yes.
oranges wrote:who refuses to talk to people about the things he does
Depends on the context.
oranges wrote:and throws his toys out of his cot when things don't go his way.
No.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #160641

Just fyi hgbabe420 shares an IP with Hornygranny in case anyone was wondering.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
hgbabe420

Post by hgbabe420 » #160643

Ikarrus wrote:Just fyi hgbabe420 shares an IP with several of Hornygranny's posts.
We live together. I've even posted on singulo as a joke before. One of you still owes me a pizza iirc.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160645

hgbabe420 wrote:
DanielRatherman wrote:
I did, you ignored me.
hgbabe420

Post by hgbabe420 » #160646

I meant on IRC, sorry.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160652

I see you online on the forums constantly. There is no excuse to ignore people on what is by far the most used platform in the community. It's part of your damn job.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #160653

Imagine if a politician strictly refused to ever see anyone in person and only ever responded to anyone via hand-written letters all the while they ran whatever they were running into the ground and people were pissed.

Imagine how dumb that would be.

If HG is seriously so afraid of using the PRIMARY FORUMS of the community, then that's just another reason to throw him out and replace him with someone with less inane practices.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #160659

Elect your own headmin and throw him out. HG is the admins to throw out and we don't have plans to do so
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160661

Then read through this thread, and you'll see why there's so much tension between adminbus and the playerbase.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #160662

NikNakFlak wrote:Elect your own headmin and throw him out. HG is the admins to throw out and we don't have plans to do so
Eh, This kinda reads as a "It's us and them" kind of post.

Not sure if that's how you meant it to sound but that's how it comes across, like the admins are their own group that aren't answerable to the community.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #160664

Everyone would flip their shit if another admin was elected the player headmin and then admins "Impeached" him so why is the opposite true?
Why is everyone basing everything off the forum? Join the server and you'll see barely any drama because people are playing the game and as long as their adminhelps are taken care of, they don't care and there's not really a disconnect. Admins are playing and adminning too, this thread is just "Jump aboard the HG hate train" general and no one really cares all that much
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #160668

NikNakFlak wrote:Everyone would flip their shit if another admin was elected the player headmin and then admins "Impeached" him so why is the opposite true?
Why is everyone basing everything off the forum? Join the server and you'll see barely any drama because people are playing the game and as long as their adminhelps are taken care of, they don't care and there's not really a disconnect. Admins are playing and adminning too, this thread is just "Jump aboard the HG hate train" general and no one really cares all that much
I haven't once hated on HG in any of the threads in this drama spiral, I actually said on quite a few occasions that I'm not seeing any of the abuse thats being claimed.

That said, I do agree with some members of the community when they say there is a disconnect between adminbus and the playerbase (at least those active as part of the wider community). In some cases this extends to internal staff issues and while these have existed since the dawn of TG they haven't really quite been this venomous (with a few exceptions obviously). The fact that there are enough people including staff members coming forward with their concerns is enough to warrant a discussion about the issue at least.

It's really not a good situation when you have the most vocal of the admin groups and arguably the most "untouchable" telling people overtly to fuck off, shitposting and memeing instead of taking anything that is said seriously. It's not a good image, doesn't really encourage trust or good faith so I can honestly see where some of the concerns are coming from.

As for the HG shit, I don't really agree. At least from what i've heard. Running tests isn't really an issue.

Inb4 "lol perma'd opinion irrelevant".
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #160672

NikNakFlak wrote:Everyone would flip their shit if another admin was elected the player headmin and then admins "Impeached" him so why is the opposite true?
This attitude is what I don't fucking get. The reason you "see barely any drama" is because OOC chat isn't very conducive to serious arguments or debates. Same goes for IRC chat. These are the official TG Station forums, no shit people are going to come here to complain. You can plug your fingers in your ears and call it a "hate train" all you want, and you might have been right if it was just me and two or three other people, but a significant segment of the community is very unhappy with his decisions and feel that he abuses his power. This along with the fact that he can't even be bothered to engage in discussion in the official forums of the community for which he is a headmin (unless you insult or disagree with him, then it's moderator approval only instantly) make him unfit for the role he occupies. A fit headmin is one who engages with the community they are tasked with managing, listen to feedback, and uses their powers responsibly.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #160679

HG isn't really abusing their power. Every headmin can do everything he does, it's just that for this short period where he is the only confirmed headmin means he has no one to oppose him. His "abuse" will probably die out when the other two headmins are elected.

That said. I disagree with his particular changes and "tests" recently. First off, why remove space law, an intrinsic piece of lore in the server since forever? Sure it was "just RP and fluff", but if it was just that, then why remove it? Might as well remove the lizard and plasmamen lore, the nanotrasen page, the syndicate page; hell, why not everything in the backstory category, as it is just "RP and fluff"? If the actual reason is because someone used it to justify OOC actions, why not just give him a slap and tell him that it's just RP and fluff and it isn't official rules and guidelines? Everything about the Space Law removal is baffling in my eyes.

The removal of secborg is confusing too. It is a test, but what exactly are you looking for? Nothing changed without the secborg; the AI is still hunting for them valids, and security isn't really affected at all.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #160700

bandit wrote:So basically we have:

1. A person who doesn't want to go to IRC and talk, but is perfectly able to, and does so anyway to open the lines of communication
2. A person who doesn't want to post on the forums, but is perfectly able to, and refuses to do so (it's not a case of not having seen the thread)

One of these options is exponentially more mature than the other.
Just because I don't want to go on IRC doesnt mean I don't. I mean I actually have to now anyway.
As i've said before I did speak to HG on IRC, and then spent more time talking about HG with him in the room with no reply at all from them.

And you know what, Im so done with all of this, its tiring and boring and nothing will become of it, but I do have a final few things to say.

1. Why did it take for HG's girlfriend to post, even a "I havent got anything to add" would have surfficed.
2. If they care so little about the community or anyone's opinion as they have constantly reassured me, then WHY do they continue to play, to admin, to push these things through? I don't understand! I genuinely dont understand what the end goal is, what there master plan is, are they hoping to make it a better community? Or are they styling it a certain way so the game itself has a feel that they like? I dont understand and it seems like they're going about it the wrong way.

Someone can close this in 24hours from this point.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: VincVsVincent

Post by VincVsVincent » #160718

HG is clearly delivering unprofessional work, not in state to be headmin having only one solution; D E A D M I N
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #160752

Quit being tedious faggots and get on #supportbus if you want to talk to him.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: VincVsVincent

Post by VincVsVincent » #160754

Saegrimr wrote:Quit being tedious faggots and get on #supportbus if you want to talk to him.
Where do I make an appointement?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #160765

VincVsVincent wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Quit being tedious faggots and get on #supportbus if you want to talk to him.
Where do I make an appointement?
you dont
just show up

ping either hg|work or hornygranny

and say "hey fucker i wanna talk"
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #160769

Well since PAS wants this closed, pool's closed

EDIT: fuck I can't lock threads in here,, nevertheless, it should be closed
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #160772

please dont

i want to read Luke Cox and co. dodge my questions because they're pussies with no backbone or any good reason for the shit they say other than "I personally don't like it, that means the ENTIRE COMMUNITY is against it!!1!"
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #160781

Rip