Post by Zaffinomlb » #170289

Bottom post of the previous page:

Shad0vvs wrote:
Screemonster wrote:> is a dick
> gets dunked for being a dick
> whines about getting dunked for being a dick

cry some more
probably should read the thread.
That's why I didn't respond to it fam, comment of no value.
Montyblancs
Byond Username: Montyblancs

Re: [Tedward1337] N/A - spawning admin weapons 4 non-antg

Post by Montyblancs » #170290

Zaffinomlb wrote: You know he actually got all of his stuff back, I dont slip strip people in the halls thats rude. I do it in their offices.
I only got my stuff back that fast because an all access ID was one of the things I was given. Not to mention that when I went back to the theater you dumped me in the trash a second time because I didn't just flat out shoot you right then and there. Don't try to sugarcoat the story.

As per the actual topic on hand : All the stuff I was given to kill the clown with was probably a bit over the top. I would have probably just ended up making a stunprod, cable cuffs, and tied the clown to a chair somewhere if I wasn't given the kit.
Zaffinomlb
Byond Username: Zaffinomlb

Post by Zaffinomlb » #170292

Montyblancs wrote:
Zaffinomlb wrote: You know he actually got all of his stuff back, I dont slip strip people in the halls thats rude. I do it in their offices.
I only got my stuff back that fast because an all access ID was one of the things I was given. Not to mention that when I went back to the theater you dumped me in the trash a second time because I didn't just flat out shoot you right then and there. Don't try to sugarcoat the story.

As per the actual topic on hand : All the stuff I was given to kill the clown with was probably a bit over the top. I would have probably just ended up making a stunprod, cable cuffs, and tied the clown to a chair somewhere if I wasn't given the kit.
But did I strip you that time? No, I don't do the same gag two times on the same person. In fact you were the only person I stripped that whole round, and it only being done once.
Now dont misunderstand I wouldn't have minded if you killed me my ligger mime frienemy, and when you killed me not a single admin ping was sent. I really didn't mind that is how ss13 works. However I think at this point most of us agree the admin handled this completely unprofessionally and incorrectly.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #170293

Zaffinomlb wrote:
Jacough wrote:
You know he actually got all of his stuff back, I dont slip strip people in the halls thats rude. I do it in their offices.
That's not a reason dude. Also from what Montyblancs said you kind of initially left out the part where you not only decided to talk shit to him while he was stuck in the mailing room but you also slipped and disposaled him again when he came to get his stuff back and try to talk things out with you. So basically this wasn't out of the blue murder. If you had just stopped being a dick you wouldn't have been dunked and gibbed. Tough shit, you brought this on yourself. If you don't want to deal with the consequences of being a dick, don't be a dick.
Bluespace wrote:also this was handled so bad damn dude.
the clown and the mime can either be haters or lovers. in this instance the clown was a shit.
that's cool man that's part of their dynamic.
but why give the mime a fuck off revolver to kill him, like come on dude that's just not chill.
let the mime go back and toolbox the shit out of the clown, let ic shit take it's course.

>people thinking the clown needs a reason to be shit
it's literally the clown's job to be shit and get beaten to death by sec.
This isn't Nox. Being the clown isn't a free license to grief.
Last edited by Jacough on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #170295

Well on one hand you were a dick to him with slip strip bin.

On the other, he was a dick back with the gibbing (I feel killing was fine, though).

And maybe the admins were dicks with what was given to him as well as the permission.

All in all everyone was dicks and maybe everyone can learn a lesson about toning down the dickishness.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Zaffinomlb

Post by Zaffinomlb » #170296

Jacough wrote: That's not a reason dude. Also from what Montyblancs said you kind of left out the part where you not only decided to talk shit to him while he was stuck in the mailing room but you also slipped and disposaled him again when he came to get his stuff back and try to talk things out with you. So basically this wasn't out of the blue murder. If you had just stopped being a dick you wouldn't have been dunked and gibbed. Tough shit, you brought this on yourself. If you don't want to deal with the consequences of being a dick, don't be a dick.
Fam at that point his name was changed to "Clown Stomper". What do you expect the clown to do in his office when someone named "Clown Stomper" comes and opens the door.
>Read name
>intent of individual painfully clear
>Slip
>Trash
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #170308

Aliannera wrote:Well on one hand you were a dick to him with slip strip bin.

On the other, he was a dick back with the gibbing (I feel killing was fine, though).

And maybe the admins were dicks with what was given to him as well as the permission.

All in all everyone was dicks and maybe everyone can learn a lesson about toning down the dickishness.
The man has a point. This is a lot of salt over an incident with a silent ligger, a gay clown, and a revolver. Might be good for everyone to admit they overreacted a little and move on.
Zaffinomlb

Post by Zaffinomlb » #170311

cmspano wrote: The man has a point. This is a lot of salt over an incident with a silent ligger, a gay clown, and a revolver. Might be good for everyone to admit they overreacted a little and move on.
Look friend there is only salt on the revolver and nothing else. The mime getting revenge was going to happen, and when he did I was not upset or salty.

The crux of the matter is that the admin spawn a gun and intervened in an ic issue and escalated it through his actions. Even the mime agrees to this.
More over giving all access to mime and changing his name to "Clown Stomper". I feel at this point I am just repeating myself over and over again to the peanut gallery.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #170313

a lesson to be learned, never give anyone anything
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #170315

Yeh, the lizard got a little too :salt: and gibbed you
You got a little too :salt: about the revolver and made an admin complaint
Admin didn't get :salt: but still went a little overboard by spawning the revolver.

I'm not saying the :salt: is unjustified and I agree the revolver was a little much. But there's still too much :salt: over 2d spessmens. When it comes to the point that you've spent more time viewing and writing in this thread than you lost by sitting out the round then it's time to step back and take stock.
Last edited by WarbossLincoln on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaffinomlb

Post by Zaffinomlb » #170317

cmspano wrote:Yeh, the lizard got a little too :salt: and gibbed you
You got a little too :salt: about the revolver and made an admin complaint
Admin didn't get :salt: but still went a little overboard by spawning the revolver.

I'm not saying the :salt: is unjustified and I agree the revolver was a little much. But there's still too much :salt: over 2d spessmens. When it comes to the point that you've spent more time viewing and writing in this thread than you lost by sitting out the round then it's time to step back and take stock.
I have two monitors fam I can do both.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #170357

So can we talk about how admin complaints are literally ghetto ban requests at this point?

As far as the situation goes my position is still unchanged, the Mime had every right to kill and gib the Clown for being a massive shit to him. Don't get me wrong Clown & Mime conflict is great but not over something like this, clowns are supposed to be funny, not griefing troglodytes.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #170360

Why was admin intervention a thing at all here?
Since when has a non antag being a cuck (once, not repeatedly) required admins spawning lethal weapons and letting people get removed from the round been ok?
What happened to escalation?
What does security exist for? Only antaghunting?

We need less admin intervention in petty shit, not more. If things can be handled ICly, then they should be left to do so.
Zaffinomlb

Post by Zaffinomlb » #170365

lumipharon wrote:We need less admin intervention in petty shit, not more. If things can be handled ICly, then they should be left to do so.
Rational human bean.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #170367

lzimann wrote:a lesson to be learned, never give anyone anything
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #170369

lumipharon wrote:We need less admin intervention in petty shit, not more. If things can be handled ICly, then they should be left to do so.
Less admin intervention means more petty stuff happens, which means everyone gets a free pass to do minor grief.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #170395

TheNightingale wrote:
Less admin intervention means more petty stuff happens, which means everyone gets a free pass to do minor grief.
Then let sec be shitcurity towards those who are shit
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #170406

Aliannera wrote:Pranks gone wrong.
(GOT SHOT!)
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #170467

Alright this thread has dragged on long enough. I think the (sort of) consensus was this was dumb, but it's not like it's something I'm gonna ban or deadmin anyone over (and the OP pmd me saying he didn't want such an action taken anyway).

Things should be left up to players to resolve when possible though.