[ShadowHunter00, MimicFaux] Refusing to answer ahelps

Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

[ShadowHunter00, MimicFaux] Refusing to answer ahelps

Post by Bob Dobbington » #184298

During a gang round today that started at around 11:30 PST, I was strangled by a detective in the secpod foyer. I ahelped it multiple times, since after observing him for a while it became reasonably apparent to me that he was not an antagonist. He did the same thing with some other guy, Kamel Njord. I wasn't gang. I have no idea if Kamel was. I'd write up a ban request if I could, but I can't, so I'm writing this instead. If we're going to keep Ban Requests closed players need some recourse if admins decide they're just going to ignore ahelps against people they don't want to enforce the rules on. In the absence of any transparency (public ahelp logs or some other public record of admin decisions), we're left completely in the dark about what decisions admins are making and why they're making them. There's only three things an admin needs to say to a player who ahelps, ever: "Looking into it," "Valid," and "Resolved". If we're not going to have Ban Requests any more then players need to be able to expect that much from the admins.

Inb4 this turns into a referendum on whether or not I was valid instead of addressing the central admin stonewalling problem.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [ShadowHunter00, MimicFaux] Refusing to answer ahelps

Post by onleavedontatme » #184304

I'll look into this when I get home.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #184321

I'm assuming this was basil but a server name/line of text I can easily search for is always helfpul
Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #184323

This was Sybil. Sorry, I don't remember the station name. Other than the names I can't think of a specific search string, maybe "strangled by the detective"
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #184324

[18:36:14]ADMIN: HELP: Bob Dobbington/(Daisy Holmes): Being strangled by Caden Lafortune in sec pod lobby - heard by 0 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.

[18:39:13]ADMIN: HELP: Bob Dobbington/(Daisy Holmes): Caden doesn't look like he's an antagonist, is him murdering me in sec pod valid or not? - heard by 0 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.

[18:45:17]ADMIN: HELP: Bob Dobbington/(Daisy Holmes): Still waiting for an answer on Caden Lafortune - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN. (I'm not sure which admin this wasy, but both Mimic and Shadowhunter had no activity at all from the time you adminhelped till the autologout at round end)
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #184326

And then about a minute later

[18:46:03]ADMIN: HELP: Feemjmeem/(Rain Beach): Lance is in my gang and is chasing me and trying to drug me - heard by 0 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.

No admins again.

I searched for ADMIN to see any admin activity during the time, I didn't see any. I think everyone was genuinely afk. The only admin I saw doing anything at that time was Garithos also adminhelping (and not getting an answer).
Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #184356

Alright, that's clearly not their fault then. Perhaps a code fix could be contemplated to put AFK next to the name of AFK admins in adminwho or something?
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #184361

That's already a thing for the admin version of adminwho, so it should be simple enough to add to the player version too. Not sure whether there was some sort of reason not to do it before.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #184376

to avoid people abusing it to grief when the admins are afk.

Man if only there was some kind of forum for complaints that were not handle...

oh wait a fucking minute, KOR REMOVED IT.
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #184447

Yeah my bad for not logging off, something came up and I completely forgot to get off as my plan was just to observe for the first few minutes of the round then log off.

Apologies for the confusion.