yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

[A handful of admins] Yackemflam - Throw bans quickly

Post by yackemflam » #207089

Byond account and character name: Yackemflam - Doesn't matter
Admin: Forcefulcjs
Time incident occured: Since I dunno
Detailed summary:
Admins like to ask directly what happened and how.
When's the last time has an admin has said 'Anything to add to your defence?' since admins like to act like this is a court case.

Also, this isn't a :salt: complaint. This complaint is about how admins ask the bare minimum questions to 'trick' into someone in getting banned.

EDIT: Fine Let's throw forceful's ban AS AN EXAMPLE
Last edited by yackemflam on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: [A handful of admins] Yackemflam - Throw bans quickly

Post by Wyzack » #207090

I hope this is not in regards to the ban you just appealed, because that was about as open and shut as nonantag murder gets
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #207091

Wyzack wrote:I hope this is not in regards to the ban you just appealed, because that was about as open and shut as nonantag murder gets
Nah, I get questioned a lot by admins and I usually have to throw in something that they dont ask in order to prevent myself from getting banned.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #207094

>Admins: I ain't listing names, i aint a snitch
Might as well close the admin complaint now. There isn't any real reason to keep this open.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #207095

yackemflam wrote:
Wyzack wrote:I hope this is not in regards to the ban you just appealed, because that was about as open and shut as nonantag murder gets
Nah, I get questioned a lot by admins and I usually have to throw in something that they dont ask in order to prevent myself from getting banned.
Maybe consider opening up with that information if its that important.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #207096

THIS BOARD IS FOR SPECIFIC INCIDENCES OF IN-GAME ADMIN ABUSE.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #207099

hey check me out I'm falling for the meme anyway

when you give useless short answers that give us no information or put zero effort into trying to show why what you did was justified, we're not going to bend over backwards trying to justify your actions for you. You seal your own fate by giving stupid smartass answers like such
[16:21:41]ADMIN: PM: Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu)->Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi): Hi there, what led to the death of Lame Impala?
[16:21:49]ADMIN: PM: Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi)->Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu): Me stabbing him
[16:22:00]ADMIN: PM: Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu)->Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi): are you going to give me a real answer?
[16:22:17]ADMIN: PM: Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi)->Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu): He stole from my braindead body
[16:22:39]ADMIN: PM: Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu)->Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi): What exactly led to you killing him, and what did he steal that was so important that you had to murder him rather than asking for your stuff back?
[16:23:10]ADMIN: PM: Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi)->Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu): A hardsuit and my id card
[16:23:35]ADMIN: PM: Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu)->Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi): Did you say anything to them before attacking them, like asking for your stuff back?
[16:23:42]ADMIN: PM: Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi)->Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu): Nope
[16:25:27]ADMIN: shaps has banned yackemflam.
when you put no effort into trying to defend yourself or explain your actions past a simple "he did thing" you seal your own fate
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #207100

Shaps wrote:hey check me out I'm falling for the meme anyway

when you give useless short answers that give us no information or put zero effort into trying to show why what you did was justified, we're not going to bend over backwards trying to justify your actions for you. You seal your own fate by giving stupid smartass answers like such
[16:21:41]ADMIN: PM: Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu)->Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi): Hi there, what led to the death of Lame Impala?
[16:21:49]ADMIN: PM: Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi)->Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu): Me stabbing him
[16:22:00]ADMIN: PM: Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu)->Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi): are you going to give me a real answer?
[16:22:17]ADMIN: PM: Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi)->Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu): He stole from my braindead body
[16:22:39]ADMIN: PM: Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu)->Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi): What exactly led to you killing him, and what did he steal that was so important that you had to murder him rather than asking for your stuff back?
[16:23:10]ADMIN: PM: Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi)->Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu): A hardsuit and my id card
[16:23:35]ADMIN: PM: Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu)->Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi): Did you say anything to them before attacking them, like asking for your stuff back?
[16:23:42]ADMIN: PM: Yackemflam/(Akarani Yamaguchi)->Shaps/(Phoebe Lotsu): Nope
[16:25:27]ADMIN: shaps has banned yackemflam.
when you put no effort into trying to defend yourself or explain your actions past a simple "he did thing" you seal your own fate
Shaps, did I mention you? If I did mention you I would've put your ban in place of forceful.
I said this happens often, not every time.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #207101

I can't do anything about this without names or examples.

I encourage any admin reading this to start with open ended questions, make it clear you are responding to an ahelp ("what's going on with x?" why did they say you killed them fnr?") and otherwise try to gather information instead of making people feel accused.