[Aloraydrel] Cuboos - Shoves me out of Abductor for TC trade

Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

[Aloraydrel] Cuboos - Shoves me out of Abductor for TC trade

Post by Cuboos » #212776

Byond Account: Cuboos - No character, was observing as a ghost.
Admin: Aloraydrel
Time: around 4:00pm PST

So i was observing a round when suddenly a message for "Abductor Team" occurs. I click yes and i got agent. Suddenly Aloraydrel Admin PMs me and says, "Sorry Fam, TC trade, no other way" Apparently someone traded their TCs to be an abductor agent (which sounds a bit like meta-gaming, cause only get that info you're a ghost, i think). So the admin logs me off and forces me to restart. After a brief talk, the admin states someone requested a TC trade to be an abductor agent and then refuses to explain further. It kinda seems unfair to shove someone out of a roll just for a (possibly meta) TC trade.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: [Aloraydrel] Cuboos - Shoves me out of Abductor for TC t

Post by Screemonster » #212777

You probably got yoinked from ghostland by the act of them spawning the abductor in for the traitor to play.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #212778

I do this all the time.

They ask to trade their PDA for abductor, I delete/ghost them, ask them which job they want (agent/scientist) and then announce in deadchat that I'm doing an abductor TC trade team, and anyone that unlucky enough to get [chosen role] will get swapped out for the person who "bought" the team.

Unless something went terribly wrong here, this wasn't a case of meta, but maybe a bit of poor communication. Still not something he's going to get in trouble for though.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #212781

Forcing someone's client to disconnect is a dick move.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #212782

It's because when you change the person's ckey without giving him a new mob, the person gets kicked. Aloraydrel probably didn't notice it. And people do tc trades all the time for abductor(not so often anymore but still), which sometimes happen in someone getting replaced by the person that traded his traitor/whatever for it.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #212783

Cuboos wrote:Byond Account: Cuboos - No character, was observing as a ghost.
Admin: Aloraydrel
Time: around 4:00pm PST

So i was observing a round when suddenly a message for "Abductor Team" occurs. I click yes and i got agent. Suddenly Aloraydrel Admin PMs me and says, "Sorry Fam, TC trade, no other way" Apparently someone traded their TCs to be an abductor agent (which sounds a bit like meta-gaming, cause only get that info you're a ghost, i think). So the admin logs me off and forces me to restart. After a brief talk, the admin states someone requested a TC trade to be an abductor agent and then refuses to explain further. It kinda seems unfair to shove someone out of a roll just for a (possibly meta) TC trade.
The person traded his TC's to be the abductor, killed himself, aloraydrel spawned the abductor team, the person who did the trade didn't get the role, he swapped out one of the people (you in this case) for the person who traded his TC's. Perfectly textbook
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #212797

Aloraydrel triggered the abductor event, it's kinda his choice at that point what to do with it if he has a plan (TC trade). If it was a random event and not something he triggered then yes, this might be a valid complaint. He even explained it to you that it was a TC trade and there was no possible way that you were going to be an abductor in this triggered event.

Making an admin complaint about that is absolutely silly.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #212827

I wasn't aware admins could trigger an abductor event... still though, some better warning before hand would have been nice or a better explanation, at least it would have clears things up and preventEd a complaint .
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #212849

Should have said it was a tc trade in deadchat when I triggered the event but yea
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #212857

Alright sounds like we came to a happy ending, I usually lay out the rules for people buying the role with TC's or just spawn multiple teams so they have a much higher chance of getting it
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.