[thunder12345] James Enderly IC in OOC

Gildedage

[thunder12345] James Enderly IC in OOC

Post by Gildedage » #218140

Byond account and character name: Gilded age, James Enderly
Banning admin: thunder12345
Ban type: temp
Ban reason and length: I mentioned something that happened awhile ago, got banned before I could clarify my message on when, and was going to say that I've noticed a trend in certain admins being unprofessional. (yes, I know it is volunteer based and I appreciate good admins. Bad admins ruin servers though, and you shouldn't be volunteering to be admin if you can't do it right.
time: 5:55AM EST 10/13/16
your side of the story: I was referencing a bug that happened awhile ago because I was annoyed about a bug that happened that round which got me ignored, never specified what bug nor which round anything happened in. It wasn't IC in OOC because IC in OOC is reference to the current round specifically in one form or another. He literally only did it as an excuse to ban me (hence the immediate ban before I could even finish writing my second message clarifying my first), just like ignoring the bug was an excuse to ruin my round, because he dislikes me.
why I think I should be unbanned: The ban is going to wear out before it gets removed, I am literally just making a complaint about the admin abusing his admin privileges to ruin people's rounds.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [thunder12345] James Enderly IC in OOC

Post by Saegrimr » #218147

I guess it doesn't say it in the rules anymore (THANKS REWRITE) but IC in OOC is typically an on the spot ban at 15 minutes, and longer if people don't seem to get the hint.

So what was it you said?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #218153

Relevant log

Code: Select all

[09:47:16]ADMIN: HELP: Gilded age/(James Enderly): I just got this message, yet I still have a straight jacket. Help. James Enderly manages to remove the straight jacket! - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[09:47:32]ADMIN: PM: Thunder12345/(Jazmin Malcovich)->Gilded age/(James Enderly): I dunno, keep trying
[09:47:53]ADMIN: PM: Gilded age/(James Enderly)->Thunder12345/(Jazmin Malcovich): It takes 5 minutes. That's kind of a game ending bug for me.
[09:52:38]OOC: James Enderly/Gilded age : I like how a fagmin one time didn't fix a bug that wasted 5 minutes of my time . It was awhile ago though.
This was within the same round. While your message was ambiguous that you could've been talking about a similar occurance from a previous round, it's not a stretch to see how one might assume you were talking about events 5 minutes prior. Immediate bans for IC in OOC are normal. When you ahelped he was already responding to others' and didn't have an answer for you as to what caused the false message. I skimmed through the rest of the logs and I nothing popped out to me indicating you were being targeted by Thunder.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #218154

Fucking hilarious. You considered taking a step back Gilded instead of assuming some random dude is just waiting for the chance to ruin your day?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #218163

This complaint is not valid.