[Nabski] Mizolo - Cyborg/AI job-ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
mizolo
Byond Username: Mizolo

[Nabski] Mizolo - Cyborg/AI job-ban appeal

Post by mizolo » #441638

Title/subject:
[admin name] player name - fluff text

Post Content:You, or another user of this computer, (Mizolo) is banned from playing AI. The ban reason is:
Bad at being an AI. Got annoyed, turned off telecomms then disconnected without saying anything as an AI.
This ban was applied by Nabski on 2018-09-24 23:07:00. The ban is for 262800 minutes and expires on 2019-03-26 11:07:00 (server time).

Byond account and character name: Mizolo [Dr. Will Caster]
Banning admin: Nabski
Ban type (What are you banned from?): AI & Cyborg
Ban reason and length: 6 months Bad at being an AI. Got annoyed, turned off telecomms then disconnected without saying anything as an AI.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-09-24 23:07:00
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story & Why you think you should be unbanned:

... Well first off I'm going to say that yes ... yes I was indeed angry, and that's WHY I got off of being an AI for the day because I DIDN'T want to get job-banned OR perma-banned.

Secondly, I'm not going to lie, I was a bit of a bitch the round I was probably banned for. I was really friggin' mad.

Now I'm going to ... make my argument.

First off, I didn't turn off T-comms and disconnect without saying anything. I said VERY CLEARLY over the PA announcements system that 'You know what, I'm done, some other personality matrix can handle you guys'.

Secondly, I GHOSTED, giving the opportunity for OTHER players to play the role of my AI character.

Thirdly, I ... I turned off T-comms??? I don't remember turning off T-comms before disconnecting. Yeah sure, I turned off T-comms to take a second in-game to re-couperate myself and not blow TF up, but I don't remember cutting it PERMANENTLY BEFORE dis-connecting. If T-comms went out just after I DC'ed after ghosting, then that's one HELL of a coincidence.

Fourthly ... "Bad at AI" ??? No offense to nabski, but I've played MANY, MANY, MAAAAAANY rounds as AI. Not just here, but on yog-station and even in friggin' BAY-STATION. In fact, it's my MAIN bloody character, along with cyborg.

Fifthly, I would be completely fine with this if it was just 1 week. Hell, I'd even enjoy the break from AI to learn the cluster-fuck-fest of security and 'git-gud' ... but 6 months??? ... no offense, but I think that's a liiiiittle extreme for a job-ban.

Personally, I would LIKE to have it completely lifted, but if you think it's appropriate for me to have a 4-5 day break, that's fine by me.
I hope you consider my appeal. Thank you.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Cyborg Job-ban Appeal [Nabski]

Post by Nabski » #441641

Thank you for replying to this. The extreme length was largely related to the fact that you had disconnected and could hear no part of your side of the story.

Ghosting without ahelping does nothing to get a new character in the AI. You need to ahelp that so that other people can take over.

Please explain why at the start of the shift you were telling your borgs to try not let anyone know you existed. This felt to me very much like "fuck I only want to be AI if I'm antag this sucks".

For simply appealing, I'm willing to drop this from 6 months to 1.
mizolo

Re: [Nabski] Mizolo - Cyborg/AI job-ban appeal

Post by mizolo » #441643

For the "stealth-AI'ing"
I find that as an AI, it becomes really difficult to get things done & makes antagonists work a lot more ... in the dark and away from cams & in the maintenance shafts where I can't see them.
The reason I say this is because I like to be subtle, & strike when it hurts the MOST, particularly when an antagonist either has spent all their credits, or doesn't have enough for chameleon/mulligan ID-change and it becomes INFINITELY harder to track, manage, and detain suspects.
I typically like to lie in wait, gathering as much information as I can before 'real' disaster or human harm occurs.

Also, I did NOT know that just ghosting wouldn't give someone the opportunity to take my AI, I AM mistaken in error for that.
Thank you Nabski.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #441670

Alright, I'm going to drop this to time served next time I get on (unless someone does it first).

Your attitude on the stealth AI thing is kinda valid hunty and lame, but it's still a better reason than "I just hope the crew doesn't notice me". Work on containing those salt levels. My general AI tip is that you can also use the highlight tool in the chatbox to better avoid missing orders.
mizolo

Post by mizolo » #441815

Thank you Nabski.

Edit: I'm still job-banned from cyborg, but not AI.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #441856

Crud, didn't realize that I would need to lift each part individually. I can get it in about 4 hours, or just ping the admin online and link this thread.
Sorry.
mizolo

Post by mizolo » #441897

haha, It's all good fam.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #441907