[Thedragmeme] Daliistaken - permaban appeal

Post by Daliistaken » #632664

BYOND account: daliistaken
Character name: Jae Jae Park
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Confirmed metacoms with Sister Ray
Time ban was placed: 2022-01-13 at 02:41:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Either Sybil or Manuel if I am remembering correctly
Round ID in which ban was placed: 176414
Your side of the story: Me and Sister Ray played as sec together often, an admin got suspicious and looked at our history from another station. Drugged my friend in maint across the map to see if I would come help to confirm it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The metacomms weren't used for malicious gameplay in this station, but it has been a couple months and I have learned my lesson (I intend not to metacomm or break any other rule) so I wanted to give applying a try.
References of good conduct: I haven't played on any servers since this ban in general.
Anything else we should know: I've been banned from other stations for metacomming before this as well, but I do regret it.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Re: [Thedragmeme] Daliistaken - permaban appeal

Post by Drag » #632666

I'm going to go ahead and deny this appeal! I have asked you to re read our rules and come back with a reference of good conduct! It does not matter if your intentions were not malicious, metacoms are against our rules!
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Re: [Thedragmeme] Daliistaken - permaban appeal

Post by Drag » #632775

I'm gonna take a second and elaborate more on my reasoning for the original ban and my reasoning for denying this appeal outright, as I feel as if I have not done a good job justifying either.

Here is the original ticket in full:

From Ticket #12 during round 176494 on Manuel
Ticket opened at 2022-01-13 02:30:28 by thedragmeme
Log:
02:30:28: Ticket Opened by-thedragmeme: Hey there! Wanna explain to me your very obvious metacoms?
02:32:16: Reply from-daliistaken: I'm not comming, that place is our hideout cuz sec is after me and him
02:33:17: Reply from-thedragmeme: Yeah thats not at all what I just watched. You were all the way in the abandoned arcade, sodium triphenol does no damage and it was not reported. You wanna be honest or should I ban you on the spot?
02:34:35: Reply from-thedragmeme: You ALSO have metacom bans on bee so this is not looking good for you, cheif.
02:35:04: Reply from-daliistaken: sigh yeah we are friends but we don't give eachother antag name info and the like, just eachothers locations sometimes
02:37:41: Reply from-thedragmeme: I dont think I need to explain to you that doing that is against the rules. Rule 2: Do not use information gained outside of in character means. I.e.. metagaming. This especially refers to communication between players outside of the game via things like Skype, known as metacomms. Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists, as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason. I will be applying a perma ban, due to your admission and previous other server history. You may attempt to contest this in a month with a reference of good conduct.
02:39:06: Reply from-daliistaken: we don't really send anything that will put other people at a disadvantage
02:41:03: Thedragmeme/(Vex Licht) has created a permanent server ban for DaliIsTaken.
02:41:04: Resolved by Thedragmeme
---- No futher messages ----

Let me start by picking apart what you told me in the original ticket, you tried to dismiss the fact you were breaking the rules in the first place by saying "we don't send stuff that puts other people at a disadvantage". The fact you were metacoming to begin with IS the disadvantage. There is a reason why most if not all servers have metacoms against their rules, the sheer fact you can relay information at such speed and immediate accuracy completely fucks the person attacking either of you over. Believe it or not sometimes an antagonist needs to completely round remove you, it is NOT fair for that player trying to complete their objectives who goes through the series of hoops required to kill you, via stealth or sheer robustness, to have all of that work completely undone because you reveal your corpses location via an illegal method. This is just one example out of many I could formulate on the spot on why breaking the metacom rule is bullshit.

The fact you try to justify this behavior at all when you have bans from other servers for the same shit shows me you are not here in good faith.

In the ticket I asked you to wait at least a month and to come back with a reference of good conduct from another server. Sure you waited long enough but you failed to provide the reference of conduct I asked for. Your inability to actually prove you have changed, and my extension failing to meet the criteria I have given you for your appeal, had resulted in my denial of your appeal.

I am not under any circumstance convinced you have actually learned anything like you said you have. I will continue to deny your appeals until you provide me a reference of good conduct like I have asked for from the beginning. Alternatively you may ask for a headmin review but I strongly believe my denial is justified.