Post by hyperjll » #725269

BYOND account: hyperjll

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
(X) - Server Ban
() - Note
() - Forum Ban
() - Discord Ban

Ban/note length: 7 Days (1 week)
Ban/note reason: Using proximity haloperidol foam grenades to prank the crew.
Time ban was placed: 2024-03-29 05:56:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 226294

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
(X) - The ban/note is not against the rules
At no point did i self-antag. Sure, plenty of people got angry about the pranks, but rather
than solve things in-character they'd rather cry to the administration.
Haloperidol is COMPLETELY non-lethal and doesn't cause any real lasting damage other than
being annoying (I'll likely PR a nerf after this is posted.) Most of the crew just didn't
bother to purge the chems and instead claimed multiver didn't purge Haloperidol.
(I checked the code. They're full of shit.) Overall, It was just a bunch of tomfoolery
i was having while experimenting with Haloperidol. The least you can hit me with is the
"Don't be a dick" rule, of which i won't contest you on as even I think Haloperidol foam is a bit evil.
(X) - The ban/note needs modification
The administrator who placed the ban likely didn't look too deeply into it, and never mentioned
the proximity sensors. Nor that fact that the grenades were concealed within parcels.
Also, previous incidents about grenade grief include the following: An honest mistake
regarding death-sensing explosives which somehow got the crew more hurt. (Why are demons
invulnerable to explosive grenades they ATE?) and a gimmick bomb shop i made which people
complained about, in which most of the grenades were completely harmless or wacky in nature.
(X) - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
Seven days for Haloperidol foam pranks in which nobody was harmed. I'd expect 3 days and no more.
() - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?:
I think a lot of people got upset because of the stamina crit, which only goes to show that Haloperidol needs a nerf pr.
But like i've stated previously, nobody was actually hurt, and most people got by my pranks without issue.
At bare minimum atleast chop the ban length to 3 days. I've got my kicks out of Haloperidol for the time being and would like to move on.
Thanks for your time.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Epoc] Hyperjll - banned for harmless fun

Post by Vekter » #725282

The actual full ban reason is:
Banned from the server for 1 week - In round 226294, as a non-antagonist, detonated Haloperidol grenades in public areas, knocking several people unconscious. Has a previous note for grenade grief. Was not online at the time of the ban. Please visit the forums if you'd like to appeal: viewforum.php?f=7
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
hyperjll
Byond Username: Hyperjll

Post by hyperjll » #725307

Ah, i see. Ban message when joining doesn't display "knocking several people unconscious". For clarification: Haloperidol will cause stam crit over time, and periodic drowsiness which is likely what they're referring too. The drowsiness in question can put you to sleep for several seconds, but stamcrit or not you awaken several seconds after. Speaking of, nerf PR is out.
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Post by Epoc » #725315

"Tomfoolery" is not good justification for hiding proximity grenades around the station and knocking people out for minutes at a time as a non-antag, i.e. grief.
You want to run a gimmick that will disrupt people's rounds? Wait until you're an antag to do it.
You're currently serving a permaban from Yog, and only began playing here once you were banned from Fulp, also for grief. You also have a recent note here, also for grenade grief.
hyperjll wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 am The least you can hit me with is the "Don't be a dick" rule
It's Rule #1 because it's the most important rule.
This might have been 3 days IF you hadn't been banned from another server and had received a note here for similar behavior. You should know better by now.
TG seems to be the latest stop on your SS13 tour. We'd be more than happy to see you keep being a player here, I just urge you to stop with the "pranks" that only you find funny and that disrupt other people's rounds as a non-antag.
I'll be denying this appeal, see you in a week.

FWIW, I do appreciate the PR you made. At least you can put your money where your mouth is.
Epoc
In-Game Admin

Post by Epoc » #725318

You can request a head admin review in this thread if you disagree with the outcome of the appeal. If there's no response in 48 hours, I'll close this thread as resolved.
hyperjll

Post by hyperjll » #725322

Actually, i would appreciate a second opinion from a head admin.

I think you missed the memo of the previous "grenade grief" which was an honest mistake on my part as i wasn't aware that the player controlled demon would use a death-sensing explosive grenade i had on my body to detonate it ontop of nearby crew members. (Which, was far out of my control. It was the last time i ever made a death sensing explosive grenade. See? I do know better by now.)

Additionally, you probably shouldn't hold the standards of other server's against me to add to the punishment. Other servers have different rules and standards, as well as different philosophy's in regards to banning people. What may be considered ok there and ok here are two different things. Reading their ban reasons and then hitting me with them here is not fair.

I'll end this appeal with this: I have PLANS and experiments i develop before i even boot the game of what i want to do be it gimmicks, pranks, etc. And sometimes the game just doesn't want me to be antag.
I do NOT want to have to wait 10 rounds in a row before i can finally do the ONE thing i've been wanting to do for hours. Until someone can develop something akin to the "antag rep" system found in other servers, should i just start ahelping for antag? This problem could've been avoided had i just been giving antag so i can actually play the game and do the things i wanted to do.
Epoc
In-Game Admin

Post by Epoc » #725323

hyperjll wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 pmI think you missed the memo of the previous "grenade grief" which was an honest mistake on my part as i wasn't aware that the player controlled demon would use a death-sensing explosive grenade i had on my body to detonate it ontop of nearby crew members. (Which, was far out of my control. It was the last time i ever made a death sensing explosive grenade. See? I do know better by now.)
It was entirely in your control to decide to make that grenade and keep it on your person.
Additionally, you probably shouldn't hold the standards of other server's against me to add to the punishment. Other servers have different rules and standards, as well as different philosophy's in regards to banning people. What may be considered ok there and ok here are two different things. Reading their ban reasons and then hitting me with them here is not fair.
If you get banned from another server for a pattern of behavior, then continue that pattern here, it's not unfair to consider that in our rulings.
I'll end this appeal with this: I have PLANS and experiments i develop before i even boot the game of what i want to do be it gimmicks, pranks, etc. And sometimes the game just doesn't want me to be antag.
I do NOT want to have to wait 10 rounds in a row before i can finally do the ONE thing i've been wanting to do for hours. Until someone can develop something akin to the "antag rep" system found in other servers, should i just start ahelping for antag? This problem could've been avoided had i just been giving antag so i can actually play the game and do the things i wanted to do.
Everyone else has to wait for antag to do their gimmicks that destroy the station and mess with people, you can wait as well.

I'll leave this to the headmins.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #725327

Not to peanut this, but to make sure it's clear that admins are allowed to consider conduct in other servers:
Rule 0 Precedent 3 wrote:Admins may mirror bans from other servers at their discretion.
feedback appreciated here <3
hyperjll

Post by hyperjll » #725329

That's a big yikes.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #725336

Hello, I am a head admin. You admitted on GitHub that you abused this feature to make things less fun for everyone else. I can appreciate the gesture in making the effects of haloperidol suck less, but it doesn't make things okay in retrospect.
hyperjll wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 pm I think you missed the memo of the previous "grenade grief" which was an honest mistake on my part as i wasn't aware that the player controlled demon would use a death-sensing explosive grenade i had on my body to detonate it ontop of nearby crew members. (Which, was far out of my control. It was the last time i ever made a death sensing explosive grenade. See? I do know better by now.)
You caused at least 30 detonations containing haloperidol over the course of 30 minutes. I don't think you know better.
► Show Spoiler
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... attack.txt
hyperjll wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 pm This problem could've been avoided had i just been giving antag so i can actually play the game and do the things i wanted to do.
All in all you don't seem to acknowledge that this is a multi-player game where you can't just do whatever you want and blame other, real-life people for getting mad that their time was wasted.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
hyperjll

Post by hyperjll » #725357

Welp. Guess that settles it, I just can't win. I'll wait the seven days i guess.