Post by JackEnoff » #727905

BYOND account: Jack Enoff

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
(X) - Server Ban
(X) - Note
() - Forum Ban
() - Discord Ban

Ban/note length: 1 day

Ban/note reason: Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - R228130. Shot a lizard for breaking and entering with Lexorin twice, killing them, then disposaled them, preventing their revival. No evidence of the lizard attacking them. Do not round remove players just for breaking into pharmacy. This is just murder at this point. Was not online when placing this ban.

Time ban was placed: 2024-05-01 02:59:23
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 228130 is the round that it happened in

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
() - The ban/note is not against the rules
(X) - The ban/note needs modification
() - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
() - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?:
Alright, to begin with, I was CMO that round, and while I was doing autopsies I heard wall welding sounds coming from chemistry/pharmacy so I went there. I encountered a lizard that already had made their way into the pharmacy from a hidden wall-door they made from the pharmacy maints (metastation). My (monkey) brain connected the dots (wrongly) and immediately assumed they were there for malicious purposes (nades or toxins, pharmacy is conveniently a easy place to break to get those) as they tried to break in stealthily (not so stealthily because I heard it from the morgue). So I took out my syringe gun and shot them 5 times, with both lexorin and sulfonal syringes, of which only 2 lexorin syringes landed.

After like 30 seconds, they were in hardcrit and I disposaled them as to not have a person near medbay who I thought was an antag, but I did not prevent their revival in any way besides this, I simply did not look for the body. I had announced to the crew that I had disposaled a dead lizard; their sensors were on and there was an AI on board on reporter laws (I think) that could have announced it as well. I responded with immediate lethal force because the pharmacy is a place that only gets outmatched in explosive power by ordnance, and out of the two the pharmacy is the one that usually blows itself up more in my experience, so I assumed that I could defend places that make the armory look like a toy store with the same level of strenght as the armory. Apparently, I was wrong as I always am.

But now I know that what I did was a severely harsh response to a simple break-in, I overstepped it a bit because I have been killed far too many times by simply letting tiders do their own thing; and I would like to at minimum get the ban and note modified to reflect that I did not act entirely maliciously but out of shitty quick judgement, and at most to get it to expire at least before the heat death of the universe happens. And I'm sorry for wasting anybody's time with this. I will stop using Lexorin/Sulfonal regardless of what gets decided, as I discovered through testing a far superior, non-lethal anti-tider chemical mix to fill anyone that tresspases maliciously into my department.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: [Archie700] Jack Enoff - Banned for defending my workplace

Post by Archie700 » #727927

I don't have an issue with you defending your workplace from greytiders.

I don't really like your use of lethal chems for this instead of more non-lethal sleepers, though I would let it pass if you bothered to treat them and send them to security.

What made this actionable was what you did to the body afterwards. Disposing of it without confirming they were an antag resulted in their body not being revived. It is true that the lizard was a goober that was trespassing pharmacy without good reason, but you should have a very compelling reason to not revive him, not just vibes.

I will not be setting it to expire, but I will edit it to at least show that you now understand this.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
JackEnoff
Byond Username: Jack Enoff

Post by JackEnoff » #727945

Ok, thank you, I understand now.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #727955

Note edited:
Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - R228130. Shot a lizard for breaking and entering with Lexorin twice, killing them, then disposaled them, preventing their revival. No evidence of the lizard attacking them. Do not round remove players just for breaking into pharmacy. This is just murder at this point. Acknowledged their mistake in the appeal.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #728125

Locking this since ban reason has been edited for acknowledgement of mistake.