Coconutwarrior97 - Jackrip - Permanent ban appeal (Post-blacklist)

Appeals which have been closed.
jackrip
Byond Username: Jackrip

Coconutwarrior97 - Jackrip - Permanent ban appeal (Post-blacklist)

Post by jackrip » #729068

BYOND account: Jackrip

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
(X) - Server Ban
() - Note
(X) - Forum Ban
(X) - Discord Ban

Ban/note length: Permanent, and originally a blacklist
Ban/note reason: Joked about doxing an administrator and posted their social media account in another discord. This is not acceptable and per Rule 7, Doxing and SWATING: Doing it, encouraging it, or joking about it will lead to a permanent in-game, Discord, and forum ban.
Time ban was placed: 2021-05-27 02:04:22
Server you were playing on when banned: N/A
Round ID in which ban was placed: 162986
Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
() - The ban/note is not against the rules
() - The ban/note needs modification
() - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
(X) - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?:

----------------------------------

I'd like to preface with the statement that I'm no longer blacklisted and am hoping to appeal my permanent in-game, forum, and discord ban. I'd like to rejoin the community and be given a shot to redeem myself, proving that I've grown emotionally and am no longer the same person. While I haven't been active as an ss13 player in a long time, I'd like the opportunity to come back occasionally and have some fun. I'd also like to make the occasional tgstation video on youtube. Mainly though, I want to mend this burnt bridge and make amends for the things I've done.

Years ago, space station 13 was my life. I had over three thousand hours on TG alone - and being a station-wide threat was my proudest achievement. Getting to make videos about it, and having people loving the content I was putting out? That only made it worse. I was obsessed with the game. Well actually, I was obsessed with the idea of being an antag and taking out my problems on other people. At the time I was mentally and physically in an awful place. Mounting health issues, a fucked up mental state, and a game that acted as the perfect distraction, allowing me to escape my problems for hours at a time. As soon as I was an antag I forgot about everything else. Sure there's some other reasons why I played the way I did. I did genuinely enjoy the combat in this game. But I love other games too - I don't play them for thousands of hours though.

So yeah, wasn't doing great. Wasn't dealing with my issues. Was playing ss13 for all the wrong reasons.

Now it's been 3 years. A lot has changed for me since then. I'm married. I'm working in a fantastic (albeit time intensive) career. I'm in therapy, and have been for some time. For a while there I even ran my own SS13 server (Wish I had time to keep hosting it, thank you to everyone who played). I'm also actively involved in different hobbies and self-improvement goals. Not to say I'm perfect - trust me I still fuck up all the time. Those who are close to me know this best. But I can confidently say I recognize my mistakes and learn from them. I'm on a path to success, and am trying my damn hardest to be a better person.

Despite my progression, what happened with tgstation lives rent-fucking-free in my head. I think back on what I did and all I can do is cringe. I burned a bridge that I spent thousands of hours walking, shunned by a community - MY community - that had become my home for years. The whole thing was incredibly embarrassing. The more prominent thought that comes to mind however is how I treated others. Not just during what caused this ban, but the whole time. I was such a dick. I looked back through my old forum posts and I actually argued that murderboning is healthy for the server. Lol. Lmao. Thanks for the data proving otherwise, Mothblocks.

However, there was definitely one thing I did, one person I hurt, that was a much higher severity than all the others. Hurting the playerbase with my playstyle was one thing, I'd like to even say it was what I thought I needed at the time. But what I did to Vekter, and how I acted in DMs afterwards, was pure malicious toxicity. There was no excuse for my behavior.

Let's recap:

(talking about vekter, read from bottom up)

(after I got caught)

In short, I doxxed Vekter, victim blamed him for it, called him shitty things, and then had a spazz attack at another admin in DMs when they shared my behavior to the rest of the tg staff. Clear as day, I was being a piece of shit. A real asshole. I can't remember how I was feeling at time, so I won't try to speak to that. I can however say this isn't me anymore. I think this is atrocious behavior and definitely speaks to where I was at that time. All of this over what?? I'm astounded at how much toxicity I've got over someone who was just an admin in a game I played.

Vekter, I'm genuinely sorry for what happened. You didn't deserve to be treated like that. Any decent person wouldn't have spoken about you behind your back like that. You're a person giving up your time to a video game community for FREE. I didn't even remotely consider the person behind the screen and took my in-game opinion of you and attacked the person behind the screen. I hope that I get another chance to treat you better, you deserve it. (Just to add to this, I get on him for having his profile as his in game name, but I literally did the same thing. I even had to delete my social media account as well. I wasn't operating with any semblance of a good intention)

So that's pretty much it.

For the community (The slim few who even remember me), I hope there's still a spot for me in there. I won't be around as much, and I won't be the same kind of player. I sure as shit won't be as much of a threat. I'm an old man now. I just want to make some stories, laugh with you all, spend some time with old friends, and make new ones. Really though, I just want to be able to move past my mistakes, finally make amends, and look towards the future.

Thanks for reading

- Jackrip (Korol Konets)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Coconutwarrior97 - Jackrip - Permanent ban appeal (Post-blacklist)

Post by Vekter » #729080

I have said multiple times after Jackrip's second appeal that I would be willing to support him being unbanned if he apologized to me (in private or otherwise) for what happened. My main beef in general was that Jackrip seemed to be apologizing to everyone but the person who his actions impacted the most. Ultimately, his actions had a relatively low impact - nobody found anything materially severe enough to act on (the only real knowledge that came out was what city I live in, and there's like 400k people here so good luck) and the only really bothersome thing I had to do was delete that digg account and make a new one. That being said, it really didn't seem right for him to be unbanned if he wouldn't even apologize to the person who he'd actually harmed with his actions.

I can confirm that he has apologized to me in Discord DMs, as well as his apology in this appeal. I am a man of my word, and as such, I would support him being given a second chance.

I don't honestly know if there is a place for you in today's community, but there's only really one way to find out. Your actions will need to speak louder than your words. Ultimately, this is up to Coconut, but I feel like you should be given a chance to do that.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #729135

All things considered you seem genuinely apologetic about your actions, and its also been three years since the ban which I consider enough time for you to have changed. I'm going to lift this ban, make sure not to squander this second chance. Which to be honest I don't get the impression you will, since you do seem to have genuinely changed for the better. Follow the rules and have fun gamin!
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #729170

Thank you, I have every intention to do good by the community. Can't wait to join everyone on discord / in game / the forums again!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #729175

This prompted me to give a quick check and Coco also handled your Discord ban.

Code: Select all

Jackrip#1143 (179657993774694401)
Case #340 | Ban 
Reason: Rule 7.
CoconutMage#8333 (195629318334971914)
27/05/2021 02:58
That's probably something Coco can handle as part of this appeal if he's minded to.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #729187

Sounds good, looks like I've received a unban from the server but am still banned from discord and the forums
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #729215

jackrip wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:06 pm Sounds good, looks like I've received a unban from the server but am still banned from discord and the forums
I'll ping MSO about getting you unbanned from the forums. It's ultimately up to him as to whether or not that happens, as far as I know.

E: Riggle says you're already unbanned from the forums, so you should have access to everything but Player's Club.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #729222

I think everything is resolved now. Thanks