[atlantaned] Whoneedspacee - Perma ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

[atlantaned] Whoneedspacee - Perma ban appeal

Post by Whoneedspacee » #412130

Byond account and character name: Whoneedspacee, accounts I can't remember.

Banning admin: atlantaned

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Servers

Ban reason and length: "Attacking people on the arrivals shuttle because it was a death hotel. Goodbye!"

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-01-29, 22:35:39, Eastern Time.

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): No idea

Your side of the story: As I remember I was extremely new to ss13, this account being banned on here may have been my first ban. I'd played a couple times before and registered in 2014 but never really started till 2017. I was a new player and basically just beat people up in the shuttle. After I got bwoinked I made an inside joke that I can't even remember the meaning of to someone that had no idea what I was talking about and got banned.

I ended up doing ban evasion stuff later, obviously, and decided to come back to this server probably about in the middle of 2017. By then I'd learned the game quite a bit more and got quite into powergaming with mining and made it my goal to do tons of things with that. That probably wouldn't be so bad except I'd go too far and end up turning the entire station into clowns or causing an entire group of security to go into a bloody rampage and murder eachother because it was funny, though that wasn't what got me banned and I don't think anyone ever had a problem with it. I would get bored and do extremely retarded things like build a durand mech and go around fucking with people and breaking down walls.

In the end on that account the warnings and other shit built up and I ended up getting perma'd on there too. I ban evaded a couple times after that but your system caught me basically immediately so nothing noteworthy happened on those accounts.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been banned for quite a while including the ban evasion accounts and I'd like to start anew on my main original account. I don't think it's possible for me to stop playing mining and killing bosses because it's one of the most fun things I've done in any game, but after doing it so many times I've become more restrained in how I use the items and mostly just use them for mining faster or killing antags. I've used a lot of my playtime off the server to get into a lot of the other jobs and I have a more appropriate playstyle due to finding out all the things that I can do besides the same thing every round. I've been wanting to try and edit some wiki stuff for mining maybe for some little helpful bits people don't know, and I'd like a larger and less laggy server to play on because it's easier to record and just more fun for me to talk to people and collaborate on things, which I can't do as much on low pop servers.

Overall I know I've done a lot of really shitty stuff but I had the most fun on your server and always loved it even after my bans, and after waiting a few months I thought it was a respectful time to make a ban appeal.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [atlantaned] Whoneedspacee - Perma ban appeal

Post by oranges » #412306

512 making it hard for you to evade?
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #412311

oranges wrote:512 making it hard for you to evade?
No? I haven't tried evading in months I thought I made that clear in the post, sorry if it wasn't. Pretty shit timing for me if evading became difficult recently or something since I've been waiting until I thought it'd be respectful to ask.
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #412834

I genuinely want to start anew which is why I came out about everything. If I come back I'd rather nobody be able to hold anything against me for previous things that I didn't come out about. I just wanted to say sorry for everything I'd done in the past and try to rejoin my favorite server after being gone for months and months. I'm not really sure about the 512 thing or what that does but I definitely haven't tried evading any server in a long while. I'm not really sure what else to say I've just been watching and worried that something like that might be held against me. I don't really know what else to say.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #412869

I've pinged ned to handle this ban appeal
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #412974

Unbanned. I’m out of town so if another admin can take care of the actual unbanning I’d appreciate it.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #412978

Atlanta-Ned wrote:Unbanned. I’m out of town so if another admin can take care of the actual unbanning I’d appreciate it.
Done
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #413040

Alrighty then.