Appeals which have been closed.
the_shrouded_lord
Byond Username: Theshroudedlord

TC Trade ban appeal

Post by the_shrouded_lord » #412301

Byond account and character name: Theshroudedlord, Chloe Chatreuse

Banning admin: Kevinz000

Ban type (What are you banned from?): TC trade and prayer item ban

Ban reason and length: no reason placed on admin note, however the reason is because of my continuous requests of the demon heart item and becoming a slaughter demon, going so far as to capture an admin mid game and ransom him for a heart, length left ambiguous

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-04-22 06:55:18 EST

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I want to preface this by saying that I have a history, and am known for my overused gimmick as a Khornate chaplain, often doing human sacrifices of willing people, eating hearts etc. etc. all in the hopes of attaining the champion's hardsuit, blood jaunt, or a myriad of other things associated with the blood god, however my most coveted prize was "ascending to daemonhood" or becoming a slaughter demon. It was and still is an admittedly bland gimmick, however by this point, I've turned this gimmick into part of Chloe's character, now being a khorne worshipper regardless of job, and making reference to it in character frequently. As such though, I don't earn many favors among admins for being a very predictable trader. I'm rejected most every time, but hey, eventually I'll have to kill enough people to please the admins right? Well, it backfired and pissed of Kevin enough to ban me from both TC trades and prayer items. And this happened because, during a round in which the admins spawned in to try and work the gateway, i managed to capture...I don't even know which admin but I think his character was Tyber Riers? Not important, I had him cuffed, and, jokingly, I offered him a quick out, his freedom, for the heart of a daemon. I fully expected my ass to be gibbed or otherwise killed, but no, he gave it up, and I was incredibly thankful, immediately releasing him upon ingestion. The next round, I was lucky enough to roll antag, however I simply wanted to relive one of my favorite early moments, which was being gifted blood jaunt, and using it to steal someones drink right from the table in front of them in the bar, and then vanish as soon as I came, so I requested a demon heart, or just blood jaunt, agreeing to go full pacifist, wanting to just meme around and scare people. What I didn't expect to happen was kevin to get fed up with my repetitive requests for the heart and leave me banned from all tc trades and prayer items until he saw fit to make the note invisible.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I will 100% admit that many admins have every right to often distrust me with powerful trades, because of my history of bad escalation, due to me often getting caught up in the game and taking it far too seriously, a problem I am actively working to fix so as to become an overall better player. However, I feel as though this ban came almost out of nowhere, I was never really given prior warnings about repeatedly asking for the demon and heart, and often would agree to sacrifice willing crewmembers to earn it. At this point, I'd be extremely happy to have this ban completely removed, but I'd also just be glad to be given an actual time as to its end.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: TC Trade ban appeal

Post by oranges » #412304

I wouldn't worry, most admins probably dont' check notes before tc trading, so this will be a pretty ineffectual note
the_shrouded_lord

Post by the_shrouded_lord » #412308

While I appreciate the reassurance, that feels like I'm evading a ban at that point, and I definitely don't want to make this note become an even larger problem
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #412309

it's a note by a game admin, not a ban, no such ban type exists, other admins have no requirement to follow it's instruction.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #412310

First of all, the length is not ambiguous, since the note fades automatically after some period of time (I want to say two months but honestly I'm not sure)

Secondly there is no such thing as a "TC Trade ban". TC trades are made at admin discretion and barring a headmin ruling otherwise this is basically just an advisory note to other admins to maybe think twice before giving you a TC trade. Even if this note was appealed, it would not significantly affect your chances of getting a TC trade.

Thirdly, going out of your way to assault/kidnap/capture admin characters is functionally metagrudging. I presume you thought it was more of a cute gimmick then anything but seriously, don't do it. Not only does this worsen your already mottled reputation with admins, but it's just all round a dickish thing to do to what are (at the time when you interact with them) just normal players.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
the_shrouded_lord

Post by the_shrouded_lord » #412312

Fair point, I admit. I honestly did think it was funny during that round because they were being very overt with their admin powers, so I started referring to them as gods, because that's usually what i call an admin IC. Stepping back and looking at it with new perspective, yeah, it was shitty, and was using metaknowledge.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #412339

Just FYI doing this stuff makes it so admins DONT want to tc trade even more.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #412392

Arianya wrote: Secondly there is no such thing as a "TC Trade ban". TC trades are made at admin discretion and barring a headmin ruling otherwise this is basically just an advisory note to other admins to maybe think twice before giving you a TC trade. Even if this note was appealed, it would not significantly affect your chances of getting a TC trade.
Basically this. TC trades are a privilege, not a right. If an admin has problems with your TC trades in the past, it will just be noted for the future. It is not a black mark or anything, though I hope that admins who make generalizations know that this is not a "problem note" or anything against you.

So, that's that.