[Stickymayhem] NDHavch1k - 3 day ban

Appeals which have been closed.
NDHavch1k

[Stickymayhem] NDHavch1k - 3 day ban

Post by NDHavch1k » #495167

You have been banned by Stickymayhem from the server.
Reason: Likely metacommunication with NDChief during a recallfest near three hour round.
This ban is temporary, it will be removed in 3240 minutes. The round ID is 109037.

Byond account and character name: NDHavch1k, Grug Booga.
Banning admin: Stickymayhem.
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from server.
Ban reason and length: 3240 minutes (2.25 days), "Likely metacommunication with NDChief during a recallfest near three hour round".
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-05-23, 16:50 UTC+3 .
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Events Hall.
Your side of the story: First of all, i was banned without any explanations nor admin bwoinks. And to prove that i wasn't metacomming with NDChief, by scrolling the server logs you can clearly see that we were communicating with each other in-game. A lot. Also, judging by the ban reason and my buddy sharing his admin pms, Stickymayhem thought for some reason that WE were recalling the shuttle, despite us not having any access to the comms console. By searching the logs you can clearly see that it was recalled by the Chief Engineer of that round.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was already warned for metacomming with NDChief when we were both griefed and since then we were sticking to the in-game comms.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Stickymayhem] NDHavch1k - 3 day ban

Post by Stickymayhem » #495185

Your friend claimed you were communicating via steam. Given you have previous warnings for metacommunication, the same ND names and you were working together (as well as having another buddy observing you as a ghost, which is also problematic) this was enough evidence for me to issue a ban

I would have liked to talk to you about it as well, but NDchief gave me enough reason to ban you lot and the round delay had already been going for quite a while.

Frankly I was pretty lenient. Metacommunications generally come with an immediate permaban.

If you genuinely weren't metacomming, then I do apologise. It's very hard to prove either way at this point and that's why this ban isn't permanent. But the fact is it almost makes no difference. Whether you communicated outside of the game or not, you worked together as friends for external reasons which is metagaming and similarly obnoxious for other players.

If I can be convinced that there was no communication I'll remove your ban and NDOcelot's as well, but not NDChief since he was directly responsible for the killings.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NDHavch1k

Post by NDHavch1k » #495186

Just to clarify about what he said: we were using Steam to discuss OOC stuff about the game, like how do you do surgery etc. And we weren't responsible for the constant recalls, as i have already said, CE was recalling the shuttle and absolutely legit because he was creating polls.
NDHavch1k

Post by NDHavch1k » #495187

I apologise for another response in the short time in advance.
To clear up things about the NDOcelot, he was dead from almost the round start. He has logged out soon after his death.
NDChief

Post by NDChief » #495201

Chiming in to say that i did not kill these people for no reason:
Spoiler:
[Common] James Engineria says, "If we dont kill jimmy he will kill us"
[Common] Tate Kuster says, "Hes some sort of demon"

[Common] James Engineria says, "Kill jimmy werner"

[Common] Jimmy Werner says, "DANCE FOR ME, LITTLE MORTALS."
Those are dirrect quotes from that round. Note that even a sec officer classified him as a demon and several other people wanted him dead.

That aside, i did not even mean to kill them in the first place. The moment the hulk tried to take Jimmy away i shot him from my durand with what i thought was the tesla cannon so i could slow them down, but instead i had AC equiped, so the hulk got shot accidentaly.
Ocelot

Post by Ocelot » #495670

Greetings, I've just been redirected here by my friends.
At that day's round I died at the white ship almost at the round start
so I had been wandering around as a ghost for a little while and then have left the game to do IRL stuff,
I believe this fact can be checked via logs for the examination of the corpse says "his soul has departed" when someone leaves the game,
I'm just unsure if I've closed the application itself.
At the end of day I found myself banned from the server, asked my friends about the reason and was told
the only reason was the "ND" letters in my nickname in couple with previous metacomming-warning, which,
as was already mentioned here, was taken seriously by us and never violated since that moment.
I had no idea of what has been happening at that round till I returned and therefore I insist that my ban wasn't fair
and the note at my character literally says "this person have performed all the mortal sins and should be banned as soon as he is seen".
NDHavch1k

Post by NDHavch1k » #495419

Since it seems like this appeal is not going to be resolved before the ban expires, i would like this thread to be continued as a ban note appeal when the ban lifts.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #496375

Considering there is no way to prove this but there was a pretty clear confession I'm going to deny this.

If you really weren't metagaming, I'd be much more careful with your statements to admins about communicating outside of the game. The killings themselves were unjustified from any perspective and would have netted you a two day ban regardless.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman