[FatalX1] Ffakka - Cargo Uprising Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
wjifnweoinfib

[FatalX1] Ffakka - Cargo Uprising Ban

Post by wjifnweoinfib » #498402

Byond account and character name: Ffakka, Julius Schaefer (as far as I recall)

Banning admin: FatalX1

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Playing on Server

Ban reason and length: "You were part of a cargo uprising. 2 Security officers died. If you have propblems with security you should call an admin next time, not take matters in your own hand." - 2 Days Ban (This is word for word: https://imgur.com/P4dBySX)

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 14.06.2019 - 21:40:56 (Server Time, GMT)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I do not know how to check for this. I only have one Server in my List. "SSethfugee Welcoming Station 5"

Your side of the story: I started the Game as a Scientist, deeming im too inexperienced I switched to Cargo. There, HoP and QM made it their goal to be independent, so I played along, because I belong to cargo. The game was littered with incedents between us and security. Them arresting or assaulting people wrongfully. Us demanding them back, us arming ourselves, et cetera. When we announced our independence, it became open war. Security sent Robots in (which we killed), and we prepared for a final assault. In that final assault, we took over the bridge, then got attacked by a Helper of Security, which we neutralized, then went on to the Medbay to search for the Captain, where the fight with the remaining security there ensued. They attacked us, and we attacked them on sight. Needless to say, we would obviously kill them in an open war about the station. So we did.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I do not see how this is considered a wrongful killing, being that firstoff, there were incedents all game between us and them, secondly they tried to kill us with that Robot before we went out to take over, thirdly, both parties attacked eachother on sight, and lastly, theres tons of stupid murderboner kills happening every round WITHOUT a buildup or declaration of war like in this case. THOSE should be banned. In our situation, I think it was perfectly reasonable we acted this way, and being a noob that only played this game for about ten rounds, I have seen more than one cargo revolution end in a bloody mess, which I will just assume here did not all get the Banhammer. To be quite honest, I find this to be a very bizarre ruling, and am questioning wether that admin had knowledge of anything else going on in the round but "2 sec officers died."

Given that I explained it to him when questioned about it that it was a round with many incidents and basically open war, I dont understand how the ban is justified.

Edit: Edited for correct ban time. Had the enddate instead of startdate.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [FatalX1] Ffakka - Cargo Uprising Ban

Post by Fatal » #498512

Okay, because you don't seem to grasp what you did wrong, Il go through it step by step

The HoP and QM making it their goal to make cargo independent, fully opens all of cargo to be arrested and dealt with, because that is effectively mutiny:

To act individually, or as a group, to overthrow or subvert the established Chain of Command without lawful and legitimate cause.

As for them arresting or assaulting people wrongfully, the only incident I could find between security and cargo worthy of any note was that a cargo person was killed by a security officer, however the cargo person got cloned and had all their stuff back, and we received no ahelps about any security incidents of abuse or wrongful arrests

As for the kills in question to which you were banned, we received a report from a player that cargo were openly killing security officers, so I investigated, and found that indeed, two security officers had been buckshotted to death in medbay, minutes before these kills, the HoP and cargo techs raided the bridge, and announced it was now part of cargonia, however the Captain was on the bridge and was killed by an assistant who wanted to join cargo in their mutiny

The HoP took the Captain to medical, I did not see if the HoP cloned the Captain or not, but I did see a chat log saying that the HoP told people NOT to kill the Captain, nor did the HoP ever order anyone on cargo to "war against sec", nor did the QM

Im not entirely sure of the reasoning behind security attempting to engage / arrest cargo personnel at this point, however I do know all cargo people who raided the bridge earlier had combat shotguns, which security are completely in their right to try and confiscate off you

From the escalation rules:

If a player wrongs you(theft, attacks, etc), you may retaliate. If you choose to retaliate with violence, you in turn have opened yourself up to violence. If you choose this route, do not expect admins to help you out if you die, even if you were not the original instigator. If you are concerned about being "kill baited" then consider calling security, using non lethal means to subdue your opponent, fleeing, or otherwise working things out (talking them down, getting your stolen items replaced, etc)

You may instigate conflict with another player within reason (you can't completely destroy their department, kill them unprovoked, or otherwise take them out of the round for long periods of time) but they are entitled to respond with violence. If you think it's unfair or excessive they killed you for taking their ID, consider not stealing next round.

If you are the instigator in a conflict and end up killing or severely impairing the round of the person you are fighting, you should make a reasonable effort to return them to life at least once or make amends, only seeking round removal if they continue to pursue you. This protection doesn't apply to an instigator being killed.

Exceptions: Security is expected not to retaliate with random abuse or violence unless the person in question is otherwise eligible for execution. You can't kill or maim security for trying to arrest you for legitimate reasons.

As the final part says, you cannot kill security for doing their jobs, and the two security members who were murdered by cargo were not involved in the earlier incident where a cargo member was killed by security and were simply doing their job

As for the part where you say security sent in robots? Which robots do you mean? I did not see any combat logs between cargo and any combat mechs, do you mean the ED-209 bots? Those simply try and arrest people

And yes, on events hall there are often stupid kills happening every round, however the wrongful actions of others does not excuse your actions, and I can assure you, that you were not the only person punished during this round

I'm going to deny this appeal because you haven't justified your murdering of security, during announced extended, and the usual punishment for unjustified kills is 1 day each

Because you are a new player I do sincerely hope you learn from this and apologise if I didn't make it clear why what you did was bad
wjifnweoinfib

Post by wjifnweoinfib » #498605

I still find it bizarre, honestly, and I do not feel like I was wrongfully killing those officers.

Again, Im a noob, so Ill have to apologize that I cannot explain everything properly, nor do I understand everything that happens around me properly, my point of view is exactly what I told you I experienced in the game, to me, as soon AS we mutiny, its war. Why wouldnt it be? Security would try to stop us, I saw security assaulting us. About the cloning part, I have no idea. I saw several people being hit or dragged off, never once in the round was it mentioned that anyone was cloned back. All I heard about was us "making an ultimatum to security".

They sent some sort of robot or maybe player in, I dont know >what< it was, but it was not the little security drone that just shocks and arrests you. Maybe it was some Roboticist stuff, but it was red, I saw security in that moment at our doors, so of course, I associate that thing with them. And I distrinctly remember that running into the main cargo hall and hitting people or people starting to hit it. I remember because I couldnt believe that we would take down a robot with nothing but crowbars and whatnot at that moment, as the weapons were just being delivered.

Ill reiterate my reasoning to you, because it doesnt seem like you understand it: If that character on the ship were to be me. If I went through having declared mutiny, having been armed, fighting whatever that robot thing was, If I saw sec behind me every step of the way, If I saw them beating our people and arresting them, for what THEY deem "legitimate". Some Incidents were Assistants blindly running into cargo, without any sort of permission, and us simply trying to get them to leave. How hard is it to get a greytider to leave? Well in my limited experience, you dont get there without threats. And calling security WHEN WE ARE REVOLTING is not even an option at that point.

Honest to god, I have NO idea why they didnt come in and kill us all, why they waited so long to do anything. We had HoP on our side, and its true that he didnt specifically tell us to kill anyone, however, again, when all of this shit happened to you, and when the lights go out and every sec in the game seemed to be doing shit against you, and youre with your people on the bridge having been armed and the first thing that happens is that someone comes in, asks: "hey you guys independent?" and flashes the entire group. Yeah you kinda dont give a shit.

Maybe, what you are telling me, is that I cannot kill anyone for these reasons. Maybe it doesnt matter what happened throughout that game, maybe my perception doesnt matter, and all that matters is "you cant kill sec even if your character would be threatened with execution", because thats in my mind the inevitable result of being ARMED to the teeth and in open mutiny.

Again, im so very sorry, that I do not understand this game very well. I do not have a full grasp of Space Law or the Actual Security Punishment mechanics, I do not know what that thing was that waltzed into cargo and that we had to meele down at the console, I do not know how im supposed to understand that someone was being wrongfully killed, cloned, and then brought back again, when ALL i see was us telling sec to fuck off, and them beating and arresting us for things I thought were completely minor, and understandable in context, and oh, yes, the mutiny part.

So yeah.
I do not apologize, I do not understand, I just think youre a f*****.
I had rounds where I was being SAWED INTO LITTLE PIECES because I hit a doctor and lied about it, BY THAT DOCTOR.
Did I call for a fucking admin? No, because that was hilarious. Was it a wrongful killing, propably, because I didnt attack him after we brawled and got detained, because I could barely limp outta there, and because he intentionally didnt leave enough pieces to clone me properly.
Was he traitor? No.
But who cares? He was in a similar situation, where he percieved me as a gigantic asshole, obstructing and hitting him, all while I was being a Rtard at the same time, he just was super pissed off and wanted retaliation. I think thats okay. I laughed about that. As did I laugh about cargo being a revolution, the wrongful captain kill in the bridge (i had NO idea where that guy came from, it confused me to shit), I laughed about that assistant trying to flash us when were in full armor having combat shottys, and I laughed about how we fought with security at medbay because the showers make the floor wet and just about everyone slipped around into broken lights once a while, which electrocuted like 6 people. Should we ban the Janitor for possible intentional Assist in those kills? And still, in my mind "we get arrested" = "execution", so Im just supposed to take that? Is it "Well I die, better not touch security"? Just drag them off and leave them to come back for me? Or should I just hope and pray to god that, oh please, security, please, do not arrest me, just ignore me?

I know theres a head admin around here, Id like to hear his take on this if possible. If this really is sensible to you guys as admins I dont think I wanna play on your server. I had a fucking Engi build a suicide grill in the station some rounds ago and I was fine with it because he put lights on. Later on, with no warrant of arrest or anything for anyone around, some sec were shoved into that thing. THATS FUN to me. Everyone around it played along. We got the guy shoving them after like three sec died and he turned out to be a traitor, but the Engi building that thing was not. Saw him shove some too, but even though I am sec, do I call for an admin like a little bitch? No. That is fun. If youre standing infront of a fucking suicide grill with multiple people hanging around you propably SHOULD be shoved into that thing as sec, because thats how stupid you are. If you run in on your own even though the thing is lit up, yeah we wont pull the lever that fast that gets you back out.

In the same train of thought: If you fucked around with cargo all game, know they are armed and in open rebellion, know they have taken the bridge, know they are fanatics, and know the HoP that just (proprably) came through medical with the dead captain belongs to them, yeah you should propably die like the idiot you are staying around in fucking Medbay with NO weapons because for WHATEVER reason youre STILL not armed in an open rebellion.

I apologize for this post being a clusterfuck, as I just got up. You may notice im not being very proper with this, because I seriously think this is a real bullshit ruling. I do not know how to "download" a game and review it on my own, to see if maybe, im fucking crazy and all of these things didnt happen at all, and the ban is justified. All I can tell you is, If that wouldve been reality, and if I was a scared noob in reality running around with only 2 mates against what i suspsect is a fully armed and kos-happy security force, because lets be real, they cant just stun and handcuff us. yes, I will kill them. Because its 3 mins to the evac shuttle, because chaos is ruling everything, because the captain is dead anyway, because they ARE in my way, because they ARE going to kill me, because I precieved the entire round as them being unfair against us, because im a fucking SOLDIER of cargo, because we were in open rebellion and we do kinda know what the result of that is.

Okay, enough. If you dont understand it, I will not respect or understand that, I will just choose another server. I know this isnt a "serious permaban" but fuck that, if you cannot comprehend how I would kill them in this situation then youre being a shitcurity about the server and some whining idiot got you to pull the trigger because they are salty about themselves being a fucking killed with a stunbaton as main weapon over an HOUR into the game when cargo pretty much told them "hey, were gonna take over, and were very serious about it."
I was genuinely shocked to even be asked by an admin why I would fucking kill security at that point.

"You can't kill or maim security for trying to arrest you for legitimate reasons."
-> aka If I touch them ill be banned? If I dont revive my literal enemy Ill be banned? Context does not matter, Ill be banned?
THIS piece of text is the reasoning why im banned?

Holy fuck you guys must have gigantic fucking sticks up your asses for even writing that. I AM BEING ARRESTED, MAYBE EVEN FOR A CRIME THAT WOULD DEMAND EXECUTION, FUCK YOU, I AM KILLING THEM. THats fucking basic survival instinct. Unbelievable. Sure wish real world police had an admin like this security does. Because thats so unfair that theyd get killed on the job if, I dont know, theyd bust with 2 people and batons into a mexican drug cartel HQ. Because thats what this rule implies, that they are quite literally untouchable if youre not a taitor. Which again, is BS. You will empower them to do anything they want on the ship, as long as they can somehow keep up a good guy facade.

These secs were being rtards and their deaths were no casulty, they should consider going to the furry rp server if they just wanna be pet.
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #498624

Did the robot you saw look like this?
wjifnweoinfib

Post by wjifnweoinfib » #498654

somewhat like that, yes, Ive looked into robots/cyborgs on the wiki, it was propably a cyborg if the robots list there is complete.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #498682

You broke rule 1 of our server by collaborating in a hostile war as a non antagonist. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Rule_1_Precedents.
Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’. Each unjustified kill is normally met with one 24 ban.
Killing two security officers because your department was at war against them when, as Fatal said, the HoP and the Quartermaster didn't even ask for this of you is what we would consider poor reasoning. Next time please don't self antag by creating rp excuses; otherwise i could say my character is a serial killer, that McGeneric character is in reality a syndicate spy undercover, etc, etc.

Insulting the admin for applying the rules is petty and not a good way to show you understand what you did wrong.

Edit: I also forgot to add that, because other people break the rules and you decide to not ahelp, it doesn't mean you're exempt from being punished when you decide to break them.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
wjifnweoinfib

Post by wjifnweoinfib » #498718

Ah right. I see how it is. I just made it all up, neither was there a mutiny, neither were there killings or people dragged away, and that fucking robot doesnt exist too. It was literally us just grabbing guns and going awol with no buildup and we imagined all this as our RP excuse because haha memes killing security is fun and all we want to do. We were just all being dicks, if were in a department, we better wipe securitys ass unless they go around killing people for no reason. But hey, even if they DO, its okay if they clone them back.

If I played this 1 hr 20 mins round or whatever to just have to hear from you shitmins that even tho im in a "life or death" situation and even though them arresting me is the same as dying if the captain doesnt pardon us its all just an excuse and I may not touch them, then gfy. The implications of that ruling is that I have to die in that situation, or have to be so lucky that they either ignore me or pardon me.

Im not willing to accept that. I dont think that its even remotely fair.

And to the security officers that died: youre shit. you shouldve armed yourselves and got into cargo before this even was possible. and youre p****s for crying about it to the admin because buh huh i didnt get to play the last 5 minutes sitting in the escape shuttle. That by the way, exploded anyway, like it does every round, killing everyone. Including, god forbid, fucking security officers.

Ill join back your server after this should you allow me to, and I shall happily, pick security, and never allow anyone to fuck around with anything ever again. Killer tomatoes? Well I think they were taking over the station, fucking execute them. Dont like it? Well shit. Try killing me bro. Oh i forgot, you cant, or Ill call my favorite admins from here and get your ass banned, because youre just being a dick, and whatever you say is an rp excuse.

Thanks for nothing. Kinda sad because alot of the players on that server were very entertaining, but id hate to see them get banned one by one once shitcurity realizes just how protected they are here.

There was almost an hour of buildup to those killings. Feel free to watch the entire round as my character, and decide wether im really just making this all up, or wether I might have the slightest bit of worry that sec is going to absolutely bend me over as soon as they see me.
But im sure you wont. Im sure skimming over it is enough, or the fact we had shotguns. Or the fact they cloned the guy that died. They were being SO nice, we were just dicks.

If you actually cared, you would be able to convince me im wrong. I dont think im that unreasonable, and I accept that this appeal is denied. But the ruling is bullshit. And I will remember it for sure. And call admins everytime someone kills sec in do or die situations. Because im sure, they will understand, that they are just being dicks and had no reason.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #499266

"We decided to mutiny" really isn't valid reason for killing people and starting conflict by itself. Generally if you're going to start an uprising outright then you should have some very valid reasoning and you should probably ahelp it beforehand too to get the okay. In this instance it seems like you guys just wanted to secede from the station, then when security came knocking on your door you decided to just kill them because they were causing you trouble.

Morto and Fatal have both quoted our rules above but I'm going to highlight a particular part: You can't kill or maim security for trying to arrest you for legitimate reasons.

I certainly believe attempting to stop you for causing an uprising is a legitimate reason for arresting you. You make a lot of mention about your "fun" and things being "fun." Please keep in mind that your brand of fun is not the same as others' brand of fun, and that no matter what that the server rules must be obeyed first and foremost before anything else.

This appeal is denied. If you think that the rules themselves around starting a mutiny or secession should change, it's best to open a policy thread along those lines.